This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
    Yes and all bridges and tunnels will be shutdown by 4pm.
    I'm 150miles north of NYC and it's suppose to be bad here as well
    Up here big concern is wind and rain. Not flooding. Power could be out for days. All power lines here are above ground so if we get hurricane force winds we are screwed.

My major concerns are of course my family and eating
    Do you have a generator? Man they come in handy. When I got mine, I always hoped I would never need it. But it has come in handy too many times. That and my gas grill, cooking food in my garage.

Comment

• No I don't. A decent one costs over a grand. I guess I should invest
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

No I don't. A decent one costs over a grand. I guess I should invest
        A 5000 watt one will cost ya around 600 bucks. I got a 10,000 watt 15 years ago, I'm no electrician (well I think I am) but you can run quite a bit of stuff with even 5000 watts. Space heater and a fridge. couple lights. Better than nothin, that's for sure.

JC how much can he run with 5000 watts?????

Comment

• $699.99 - $829.99 (8 stores)

Configuration
          This 5000 watt generator is great for backup power at home or for power at the jobsite. Featuring a Subaru OHV/OHC industrial engine for improved fuel efficiency, longer life, easier maintenance, and less noise then conventional engines. This engine features extra protection with low oil shutdown, automatically shutting down the engine when oil is low. An extra large 6 Gallon fuel tank provides up to 11 hours of run time at 50% load with just one fill. Control panel features four 120 V outlets, one 120/240 V outlet, and circuit breaker protection. Provides plenty of power to run household appliances during a power outage such as refrigerator, freezer, sump pump, lights, fan, radio, and more. Also powers many tools on the jobsite such circular saws, sprayers, grinders, drills, and more. Comes complete with 10 In. foam filled flat free wheels, folding handle, 1 qt, of oil, and 25 ft generator convenience cord.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
            Top ten in basketball and football....Not bad. You could run the table in football and get a pretty good bowl game, maybe with Alabama
            Bama and most of the SEC would openly fist us!
            Hope to make a BCS bowl and get a OK, Fl St type opponent
            Prolly lose to either of those but probably wouldn't get gaped like Bama, LSU, Florida would do to us
            Questions, comments, complaints:
            [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
              A 5000 watt one will cost ya around 600 bucks. I got a 10,000 watt 15 years ago, I'm no electrician (well I think I am) but you can run quite a bit of stuff with even 5000 watts. Space heater and a fridge. couple lights. Better than nothin, that's for sure.

JC how much can he run with 5000 watts?????
              5000 watt would work for the basic stuff
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
                5000 watt would work for the basic stuff
                There you go Dimer, you heard it from the 2 resident electricians.

Actually, I just play one at night. Then I send pics to JC and ask him how the hell do I hook this up????

Comment

• Anyone know how to fix lights in a ceiling fan?
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

• What's the problem?

Comment

• All 3 bulbs in my ceiling fan are out. I went and replaced them. Same bulb as was in there originally. Same wattage. Put the new bulbs in. Flip the light switch and all pop instantly.
                      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

All 3 bulbs in my ceiling fan are out. I went and replaced them. Same bulb as was in there originally. Same wattage. Put the new bulbs in. Flip the light switch and all pop instantly.
                        The bulb wattage that comes with the ceiling fan kit is one of the majorly recurring problems in Harbor Breeze ceiling fans. Most of the complementing décor ceiling fans, in an effort to live up to the antiquities look or the regale look of the fan and the kit. These high wattage light bulbs often blow off, even when only the fan has been used habitually but not the bulbs. Candelabra bulbs are the ones prone to this ‘blown off’ phenomenon. The problem is the frequency of bulbs blowing out. Even without using the fan. Even having tried reducing the wattage bulb used down to 40 and people still have been experiencing blowouts. You can search your local supplier for rough service light bulbs or replace with Compact Florescent CFC bulbs which have no filaments, they seem pricey but they last for a good 5 years and use 75 percent less energy.

I didn't know that I could just post it here!!!

Comment

• Supreme Lighting 26125REV Bulb 14W CFL A19 Soft Wht SLT26125REV

I think this will do it.

Is there a thread for Electrical questions????

Comment

• Does Lowe's or home depot have these?
                            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Does Lowe's or home depot have these?
                              No they don't Just take the old bulb in and ask for a CFC that will fit.

Comment

• Dear ToDaElectrician,

Can I use rechargable batteries for my twizzler shaped vibrating dong ??

signed,

LWA
                                He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Working...
                                X