No announcement yet.

Mike Tice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And no offense, but playing higher level sports doesnt make you any more knowledgable on the subject than anyone else. Its all a matter of opinion anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by weston555 View Post
      And no offense, but playing higher level sports doesnt make you any more knowledgable on the subject than anyone else. Its all a matter of opinion anyway.
      No it doesn't. And having kids doesn't enlighten you any more either. That was my point, and you're right it is all a matter of opinion.
      "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by weston555 View Post
        Touche Wayne..Mavs the guy is a complete dick.

Agreed.

He didnt even seem to be trying to coach the kids. Instead he was acting like an arrogant piece of shit just because he was coach and they were his players. Tell me you dont think this mike tice guy beats his wife!
        You're missing the point where you are watching one and half minutes taken from thousands of hours of tapes.

And no, I don't think he beats his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          I've already stated mavs that a coach can yell, scream, get in my or my kids face all he wants. Demeaning them isn't healthy or right. I don't even mind the swearing or anything but never once did I have a coach single guys out and call them faggots. Just didn't happen. And no, I never saw any coach kicking kids or hitting them either. Grabbing a jersey, sure. This stuff was well beyond that.
          You realize the majority of the video you see is throwing balls at the feet or the ground near the feet of players, and jersey grabbing. That's 90% of the video.

You then have hitting the kid in the head (wrong), ONE instance of faggot and fairy calling (wrong), and a kick (wrong).

When they show me more, I'll call him a deplorable son of a bitch, but for now, he's nothing more than a loud asshole of a coach who went too far a few times.

Comment

It would almost make it better if he werent such a little guy talking shit to kids that are bigger than him. I thought it was funny how hes looking up to the guys while hes talking away. Really irks me that noone put him in his place..one good one and im sure he woulda shut up

Comment

Guys, I'm just going to state my opinion and not argue with anyone here.

First, don't know if some of you saw, Robert Morris, where Rice coached before Rutgers, is now investigating that Rice did the same shit there and the coaches got into a brawl because of it.

Second, I know Bobby Knight was a dick but I do not believe he EVER was a prick like Rice. Do I believe he grabbed players and moved them to the spot he wanted - yes. Do I believe he cursed at his players - yes. But I do not believe that he ever went to the extremes that Rice did. I know we didn't have the advantage of internet and cell phone video then, but until one of his former players comes out and says he was that abusive to his players, I don't believe he was nearly as bad as Rice.

And last, I know times have changed. I have coached high school football and baseball and have been involved with MANY college coaches. Did some things get said that you can't repeat to "Mommy" - of course. Did I ever grab a player by the facemask to get his attention - yes. But I was NEVER abusive. And from what I've seen and heard, not just on video, but from what other coaches are saying, Rice did not discipline his players, he abused them, both physically and verbally.
              Your players CANNOT be successful if they are afraid of failure and they can't play because of fear. Hating to lose is one thing - being afraid to lose because of the coach is another.

There is a MAJOR difference between discipline and abuse - and this guy Rice crossed the line big time. Just my opinion from someone who has been coaching over 30 years.
              jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Working...
              X