No announcement yet.

Mike Tice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And like I said mavs, until you have kids, you have no clue I guess. I find it hard to believe that anyone with kids could put their kid in that position and not be anything but pissed off about it.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
      And like I said mavs, until you have kids, you have no clue I guess. I find it hard to believe that anyone with kids could put their kid in that position and not be anything but pissed off about it.
      Until you've played sports at a higher level, you have no clue I guess. In my days of playing football, I can recall having a ball thrown at my feet, being pushed or grabbed by coaches unexpectedly, and being called words similar to faggot. And that was at a catholic school.

At no point did I feel like I was being abused. I don't think anyone else did either.

I can tell you that you have no clue just as easily as you can tell me that. Having kids/ not having kids has almost NOTHING to do with this.
      "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

If this was never seen on tape and showed to millions, he would have never been fired. This firing is not a response to his "horrific actions," it's a response to media outcry and overblowing a minute and a half video.

Comment

Oh ok so I guess once is fine.

I seriously can't believe someone is even making light of or defending this guy for a minute. It is a very sad Country we are living in right now when there are people out there taking up for scumbags like Rice. That too is hard to watch.
          Yes, once is fine. We've all said the word faggot once. To act like you haven't is absolutely hilarious.

I'm glad my view of a semi-abusive coach shapes your view of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
            Until you've played sports at a higher level, you have no clue I guess. In my days of playing football, I can recall having a ball thrown at my feet, being pushed or grabbed by coaches unexpectedly, and being called words similar to faggot. And that was at a catholic school.

At no point did I feel like I was being abused. I don't think anyone else did either.

I can tell you that you have no clue just as easily as you can tell me that. Having kids/ not having kids has almost NOTHING to do with this.
            If that was the case, there wouldn't be such an outrage all over the news about this and all of these guys wouldn't be out of a job. If you can't figure out right from wrong, I can't help you.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
              Yes, once is fine. We've all said the word faggot once. To act like you haven't is absolutely hilarious.

I'm glad my view of a semi-abusive coach shapes your view of the country.
              Well, your views are absolutely fucked up and I certainly would never want kids of mine under your skewed supervision, or lack there of.

Comment

And yes, I played sports through High School, not College, and I guess unless they are bending you over and putting up your pooper, it isn't abuse? God knows plenty of people involved with those schools and the Church have abused kids. Sounds like yours was no different.

Comment

My whole family is catholic and using that as a token of right or wrong is a joke. Especially with what has been going on with several mentors and Cardinals in the Catholic community. It certainly doesn't mean they were in the right, just cuz they did it.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
                    I think Rice got what he deserved. My only question is why was an asshole like Bobby Knight allowed to get away with the same kind of behavior for years
                    He was a winner, in the tournament every year winning it all a few times easy overlook him being a prick when he is making money for the school and the the Big 10 conference as well

Comment

If that was the case, there wouldn't be such an outrage all over the news about this and all of these guys wouldn't be out of a job. If you can't figure out right from wrong, I can't help you.
                      You miss the point on a consistent basis. How many times do I have to tell you I find some of his actions wrong. There's different degrees of wrong. And the actual degree of wrong he's in, and the degree of wrong the media paints are on separate planets.

Comment

Well, your views are absolutely fucked up and I certainly would never want kids of mine under your skewed supervision, or lack there of.
                        I'm sure they won't be. No worries there.

Comment

And yes, I played sports through High School, not College, and I guess unless they are bending you over and putting up your pooper, it isn't abuse? God knows plenty of people involved with those schools and the Church have abused kids. Sounds like yours was no different.
                          Show me the coach that hasn't yelled and cursed at a player, or grabbed one by their jersey, or thrown a ball/anything in disgust at how his team is playing.

Comment

I'm off for now. It was good discussing our different views of the world, Wayne.

Comment

I've already stated mavs that a coach can yell, scream, get in my or my kids face all he wants. Demeaning them isn't healthy or right. I don't even mind the swearing or anything but never once did I have a coach single guys out and call them faggots. Just didn't happen. And no, I never saw any coach kicking kids or hitting them either. Grabbing a jersey, sure. This stuff was well beyond that.

Comment

Touche Wayne..Mavs the guy is a complete dick. He didnt even seem to be trying to coach the kids. Instead he was acting like an arrogant piece of shit just because he was coach and they were his players. Tell me you dont think this mike tice guy beats his wife!

Comment

Working...
                                X