No announcement yet.

Sec,sec,sec,sec,sec,sec!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And lets see how the great "scoring champions" have done vs SEC defenses last 3 years:

2010 Oregon averaged 49 points per game and scored 19 in a losing effort vs Auburn

2009 Texas averaged 41 points per game and scored 21 in a losing effort vs Alabama

2008 Oklahoma averaged 54 points per game and scored 14 in a losing effort vs Florida

That comes to an average of 30 points less then season average. It is not 1 or 2, but 3 years in a row. Doubt that it is a coincidence.

But I guess this years Oklahoma State team is "different"
    Last edited by SUS; 12-05-2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

And to the insidethe8thpol: since Alabama and Oklahoma state will not play each other, we could not wager on the game, but i would bet any amount that if you gave me Alabama at pick vs Oklahoma State, you would be giving me the better bet on the line that would come out. If there is anyone here that has an actual idea on what the line in that game would be, please post it.

Comment

I bet Wisconsin would sell their souls for the combined 10 points they lost to Mich St (later avenged) and Ohio State.

Would rather watch that then the OSU 103rd ranked Defense or Alabama (who had their shot)
        2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

And one more time in case I come across wrong: I do agree that Alabama had their shot and very much wish it was Oklahoma State, but it will take a lot to convince me that Oklahoma State is actually a better team or more deserving to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
            According to the computers we all hate so much right?

If you' actually follow CFB, and have no real bias, I just don't understand how anyone can think the B12 is a stronger conference.

But, the real topic is OK St vs Bama. And I see two even resumes, where one team's quality of loss is worse than the others.

I hear everyone say "why does Bama deserve a shot?" I'm yet to hear why those people think OK St. deserves a shot.
            Have you not read any of my posts?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
              Okie state beat i believe 5 teams ranked in the top 25. Bama beat 2. Save me the tough sec schedule bullshit. Vandy, florida, miss, miss st, tenn all sucked major dick this year.

And this thread proves my point about how fucking queer "sec" fans are. A tenn fan starts this thread even though his team isn't even bowl eligible. Why the fuck would you want one of your rivals to win the ship? As an OU fan, I'm glad Bama is playing LSU instead of Okie St, even though i think it's bs.
              At the time of their games, each has played four ranked teams. Vandy, Florida and Mississippi teams were weak this year, however, they are no more weak than teams like Texas A+M, TT and Kansas are (all of who were on Okie's schedule).

So again, how is the Big 12 tougher?

The 4th or 5th best team beat Okie St Are you kidding me Mavs? Who would that be, Vandy or Florida? I'm sorry, but they'd get drubbed by 30.
              Here, you were just unaware of how many top teams there are in the SEC.

And I say, no freaking way. Too bad we'll never know and it's both just our opinions.
              What I do see is 8 bowl eligible big 12 teams. What I do see is the big 12 has the best out of conference record this year. What I do see is after LSU, Bama, Georgia, Arky/South Caro, a bunch of other really shitty teams.

The SEC has NINE bowl eligible teams, and after the top four teams (maybe) in the Big 12, the rest of are shit too. And probably more shit.

So what's your point?

Say what you want but I guarantee you Iowa State vs Auburn would be one hell of a game.
              That's a great guarantee, but the game wasn't Auburn vs. Iowa St., it was Okie St. vs. Iowa St. and Okie lost. However, Bama did play Auburn, I believe they won by 30.

So again, I don't see your point.

Have you not read any of my posts?
              I've read all of them, and just re-read and responded to all of them.

I'm yet to see how the Big 12 is a better conference (it's not), or how Oklahoma State is more qualified than Alabama (they're not).
              "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

All of this is your opinion Mavs. I say the Big 12 is better this year (it is), and how Okie State is more qualified than Alabama (they are)

You act like your argument is rigid in stone and mine isn't. They're both opinions...

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy View Post
                  Couldn't have said it better myself (obviously I didn't). As a Miami fan, I can't stand V Tech, FSU, etc...it cracks me up that fans of a team in the SEC suck the conferences cock by talking about how great the other teams are.
                  i would like to see these SEC teams face stanford or USC...it would probably be a different story for them!

Comment

All of this is your opinion Mavs. I say the Big 12 is better this year (it is), and how Okie State is more qualified than Alabama (they are)

You act like your argument is rigid in stone and mine isn't. They're both opinions...
                    The SEC has five top 25 teams (four in the top 10). The Big 12 has three (one in the top 10).

Nine bowl eligibles to eight.

Six straight national championships.

You are right, some of it is my opinion. However, I am no SEC fan, but some of the facts are hard to look over.
                    Last edited by mavskidd02; 12-05-2011, 07:06 PM.
                    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

are we still debating this?

If bama beats LSU by 3pts someone tell me who wins the National championship?

bama LSU
                      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
                        are we still debating this?

If bama beats LSU by 3pts someone tell me who wins the National championship?

bama LSU
                        GOY on LSU moneyline !!

I'll sell my kids to a Guatemalan organ smuggler just to get as much down on this one as I can !!
                        He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
                          GOY on LSU moneyline !!

I'll sell my kids to a Guatemalan organ smuggler just to get as much down on this one as I can !!
                          I just read your location ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have zero excitement or interest in seeing a rematch. Been there, done that, and was bored to death once already while watching it.

1. I don't see any other matchup based on the current system. As much as i hate it, these ARE the 2 best teams in CFB (IMO).

2. As much as i would rather see somebody like Okie St play Lsu, they don't deserve to be there. Simply put, you cannot lose to Iowa St as 20+ point faves. Just a loss that can't be overlooked or forgotten. I'm not buying in to the "Tragedy" excuse either. It was the Women's BB Coach, not somebody from their own team and once the game started, it was football and i do not think that was a distraction after kickoff.

3. If Lsu played Okie St, they would Win by 21 or more. Weeden would be eating turf all day and Lsu would blow them out. I am 100% convinced of that.

4. The matchup i would love to see is LSU vs USC

5. Lsu gets this BCS game in New Orleans and it will be a Home atmosphere for them. It is well deserved after the season they had and after already winning at Bama. I think Lsu wins by 10 or more!
                            Last edited by wayne1218; 12-05-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Ok St beat 4 teams in the final regular season BCS rankings.

#8, #12, #14, #24

Bama beat 3 teams in the final regular season BCS rankings.

#6, #22, #25

Advantage: Ok St

Ok St played 9 teams going to a bowl game (and won 8 of those games).

Bama played 7 teams going to a bowl game (and won 6 of those games).

Ok St's OOC opponents: UL-L, Arizona, Tulsa (Not great, but 2 of those teams are going to a bowl game)

Bama's OOC opponents: Kent St, Penn St, North Texas, Georgia Southern (Are you kidding me, that is horrendous...I know, I know, they play in the SEC so they don't need to schedule any tough OOC games!!!)

Advantage: I would say Ok St, but if you wanna say push, fine.

Games against at or above .500 teams: Ok St played 9 of those games.

Games against at or above .500 teams: Bama played 7 of those games.

One Loss: Ok St lost to Iowa St.

One Loss: Bama lost to LSU.

Advantage: This one is obvious.

The pt is this can be debated all day and night, but it wouldn't have to be if this system wasn't so shitty. Alabama got their chance to beat LSU and they failed. I laid it out above why Ok St deserves a chance yet they won't get it because Ok St lost later in the season than Bama did and people love the SEC. The whole thing is such a f'ing scam.

PS (Again) V Tech in the Sugar Bowl? Unreal

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                                I have zero excitement or interest in seeing a rematch. Been there, done that, and was bored to death once already while watching it.

1. I don't see any other matchup based on the current system. As much as i hate it, these ARE the 2 best teams in CFB (IMO).

2. As much as i would rather see somebody like Okie St play Lsu, they don't deserve to be there. Simply put, you cannot lose to Iowa St as 20+ point faves. Just a loss that can't be overlooked or forgotten. I'm not buying in to the "Tragedy" excuse either. It was the Women's BB Coach, not somebody from their own team and once the game started, it was football and i do not think that was a distraction after kickoff.

3. If Lsu played Okie St, they would Win by 21 or more. Weeden would be eating turf all day and Lsu would blow them out. I am 100% convinced of that.

4. The matchup i would love to see is LSU vs USC

5. Lsu gets this BCS game in New Orleans and it will be a Home atmosphere for them. It is well deserved after the season they had and after already winning at Bama. I think Lsu wins by 10 or more!
                                "If Lsu played Okie St, they would Win by 21 or more."

And you know this how? Again, this whole thing is BS cuz it's all spoKen in hypotheticals as if they're facts. I'm just tired of hearing the argument end at "Team A would not beat Team B."

Comment

Working...
                                X