No announcement yet.

Reasons for Collapse of Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You brought Price in to this gizmo, not me. Read the posts.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
      Lackey is also NUMBER 1 in ALL OF MLB in run support at 9.35 runs per game scored when he starts and the fuckin fat ass is (12-12)?

Lackey also ranks 142nd of 143 pitchers in ALL OF MLB in WHIP at 1.63
      If that doesn't open your eyes to this lard ass, nothing will gizmo.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
        I dont know y u keep bringing up Price other than they have same amount of wins it means nothing.He is TB #1 and he stayed healthy this year so what if he would b 20-5 with Boston he isnt with Boston and he has 12 stinking wins just like lackey.

I know lackey stole money but so have alot of other players.

Maybe Lester would have won 20 with TB ,he didnt get a win in 7 games when he gave up 3 runs or less. It all evens out Wayne so dont think its just his fault when Bard is a joke right now and they wanted to run Papelbon out of town and Bard was the new closer.

Who would you rather have Lester, Becket or Sabathia, Nova or Price ,Shields. I would pick Lester Beckett and I dont think Beckett missed more than 2 starts same with lester.
        Bard could have blown 10 more games if lard ass could have worked better with a 9.35 run support. It wouldn't have mattered at that point gizmo cuz Boston would have been 20 games against TB but i guess you don't get that.

and for the record, Beckett has missed about 4 starts and lester about 3

Comment

Last year a guy named Tommy Hunter had the same exact run support of 9.35 gizmo and guess what, he went (13-4) in only 22 starts ......... and you don't see a problem with Lackey, a guy who was considered a much better pitcher than Hunter, having a (12-12) record in 27 starts with the same exact run support?

Comment

Lester has 29 starts he is going to get 2 more and has started 32 games the last 2 years and 33 the year b4 that Beckett has 28 and is pitching tonight and one more thats 30 and in his 10 full seasons in MLB he has started more than 30 twice so if you wanted Lester and Beckett to get 34 like only a selct few get thats absurd since they have never done it b4.

Also how was Price going to get 20 wins when Lester and Beckett are both better and they have 15 and 13 wins.

Also I never said Lackey is as good as Price I said they have the same wins.Boston paid for offense and TBay doesnt have an offense so thats how it equals out you win some games 10-8.

Comment

Let me dumb this down even more for you gizmo.

When you are Beckett or Lester ... or even Price, you are matched up against other teams #1's and #2's on most nights and wins will always be tougher to come by. That isn't science, it's simply fact. The offense isn't going to score as much for you either.

When you are John Lackey and you are put in there vs other teams #4's and #5's, you do that because you know your offense will score more against those guys and you think you have a decided advantage by placing the former All Star and WS Winning pitcher who makes $15.75 million a year against them.

It's not that difficult to figure out. Tommy Hunter did it as a 4/5 pitcher last year and Lackey was paid nicely to do the same.

If he simply had Tommy Hunter numbers through 27 starts and he was (15-5), Boston would get what they thought they were paying for and the Red Sox would be in 1st place ..... and none of the other bullshit would even matter.

Again, it's not that hard to understand but if you want to keep sugarcoating the thing and putting lipstick on the pig named Lackey by using studs like Price, Lester or Beckett, you will continue to sound ridiculous!

Comment

Guys lets not lose focus and realize that this thread is really all about JC loving cock.

Comment

I've been waiting for someone to start a "reasons why Dale Jr collapsed" thread but that would require him being on top at some point. I'll guess i'll just keep waiting
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                    I can simplify it for all of you.

Pitching, pitching, pitching!!!

Boston lost Dice-K for the year and Buchholz for most of the year. Beckett has had issues and missed several starts. Lackey has the worst ERA in the history of baseball for a pitcher with 12 Wins and (12-12) means nothing. If you watch his starts, you know what i mean. He has left SEVERAL games after giving up a ton of runs and SEVERAL times Boston has come back to tie games and take him off the hook. He also has SEVERAL Wins by scores like 11-9 where he struggled to make it to 5 innings and the Sox got him the Win. Comparing him to Price is an absolute JOKE! Price gets no run support and if he started in place of Lackey for Boston this season he would be (20-5).

Tampa Bay has young great arms that have been healthy most of the year, period.

Pitching, pitching, pitching!!!
                    Always has been, and probably always will be. Pitching is always the key. In '04 Pedro and Schilling were great, but Lowe stepped up when it counted. Wish he was still with the Sox.

Lackey's attitude is as bad as his ERA. It makes me sick when he makes those shitty expressions when a player makes a mistake. The guy is a joke, and if I was Francona, I would pull him in the first inning next game regardless how he is pitching....just to make a point. The guy is a fraud.

Don't count them out yet. I have a feeling they will pull it together.

Comment

Originally posted by robby_morini View Post
                      Always has been, and probably always will be. Pitching is always the key. In '04 Pedro and Schilling were great, but Lowe stepped up when it counted. Wish he was still with the Sox.

Lackey's attitude is as bad as his ERA. It makes me sick when he makes those shitty expressions when a player makes a mistake. The guy is a joke, and if I was Francona, I would pull him in the first inning next game regardless how he is pitching....just to make a point. The guy is a fraud.

Don't count them out yet. I have a feeling they will pull it together.
                      And every single fuckin time Francona comes to pull him out after Lackey shits himself in 4 or 5 innings, what does Lackey do? He glares and stares at Francona and gets all pissed off ...... every fuckin time. It is embarrassing to watch. Dude, you fuckin suck and don't deserve to be out there in the 1st place!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                        And every single fuckin time Francona comes to pull him out after Lackey shits himself in 4 or 5 innings, what does Lackey do? He glares and stares at Francona and gets all pissed off ...... every fuckin time. It is embarrassing to watch. Dude, you fuckin suck and don't deserve to be out there in the 1st place!
                        He's definitely testing Francona's authority. That's why I would sit him his next start, he is a major distraction. Varitek, Papi, the big ass cop in the bullpen, and 95% of New England and Sox fans would support the move.

Throw in Jenks for good measure
                        Last edited by robby_morini; 09-21-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Lackey is by far the most hated Red Sox player by Boston fans since Carl Everett 10 years ago.

Comment

This isnt the playoffs were u get to match people up against each other,after the first week or 2 u face whoever comes up u dont change when ur #1 or #2 go ,so here it is for u.Check out all the #1s lester faced..he has 29 starts

This is 21 starts :
                            litsch
                            bergesen
                            drabek 2x
                            f garcia 2x
                            doug davis
                            Carmona
                            mitch talbot
                            peavy
                            wolf
                            maholm
                            b cecil
                            k davies
                            humber
                            colon
                            blackburn
                            duffy
                            Moscoso
                            Burnett
                            L perez

Here are the other 8, CJ Wilson,Price,Haren 2x, Shields 2x,Niemann, Hamels got hurt in 4rth inning.

This is when it gets good, the 8 starts vs so called good pitchers out of them there is only 2 #1 pitchers for any team that they play on and thats Price and Wilson.So please come up with something else. So with all the great defense and matching up pitchers he faced 2 #1s all year. Now thats bad matchups by the other team huh.
                            Last edited by gizmo; 09-21-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

You are all over the fuckin place gizmo. So now we are focused on Jon Lester?

I said it once and i'll say it again, Boston's MAIN problem and reason why they are where they are is simple, pitching ... and MAINLY John Lackey. I provided you with Lackey's numbers right there in black & white gizmo but you continue to ignore them and go on to random pitcher after random pitcher. Do what you need to do because the numbers do not lie and neither do the eyes i have used to watch every single Boston game this season.

Comment

I don't care if Lester pitched against your High School team gizmo, he is (15-8) with a 3.15 Era

I'll take 5 of him 8 days a week!

Comment

Working...
                                X