No announcement yet.

Reasons for Collapse of Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are fooled by the stats again Schaub will throw 4TDs and NO INT and win 35-10 and than next time have 2TDs and 4 INT and lose 28-20.He still had probably 600 + yards passing and 6TD 4 INT but still 1-1 you just don't get it.

As for the 8-14 guy I meant you want him to be 8-14 on your team because he has a better ERA and WHIP not that you are getting a guy that was 8-14 from another team and substitute him for Lackey.

So when they win games that Lackey gives up 4 runs in 6 innings the offense picks him up but when he gives up 1-2-3 runs in 6-7-8 innings and he gets the loss he sucks.I think I got but still makes no sense.

Comment

Because Boston still has a better road record than Tampa does home record and Lester is getting 2 starts and Beckett 1. I also think right now going on the road is the best thing for them,but someone may say thats nuts I dont know what I am talking about its my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
        that's cool. Matt Morris is from upstate ny like me. I always followed him cause of that. even though he was from 1 1/2hrs south of me. I always try to follow and root for local sports ppl. like tim stauffer who is from about 10min from where i live for example.
        So you're a Bils fan

Comment

I posted thinking that was for me so i erased it. anyone going to foxwoods tmrw I am thinking of going.
          Last edited by gizmo; 09-21-2011, 11:56 PM.

Comment

He said he roots for people from the area that doesnt mean he is a fan of a team from the area. There may not be anyone on the Bills from the state.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
              So you're a Bils fan
              i actually dont have anything against the bills.

dolphins jets giants ....now thats a different story
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
                You are fooled by the stats again Schaub will throw 4TDs and NO INT and win 35-10 and than next time have 2TDs and 4 INT and lose 28-20.He still had probably 600 + yards passing and 6TD 4 INT but still 1-1 you just don't get it.

As for the 8-14 guy I meant you want him to be 8-14 on your team because he has a better ERA and WHIP not that you are getting a guy that was 8-14 from another team and substitute him for Lackey.

So when they win games that Lackey gives up 4 runs in 6 innings the offense picks him up but when he gives up 1-2-3 runs in 6-7-8 innings and he gets the loss he sucks.I think I got but still makes no sense.
                Why am I fooled by schaub's numbers gizmo? Maybe it is you that are fooled by an average qb at best named sanchez. Trent dilfer could win with the jets and I bet schaub could too

As far as lackey goes, he is the worst starting pitcher in baseball, period. When you pay 15 million, that can't happen. Again, not expecting you to get that.

My point about the 8-14 guy is simple, he wouldn't be 8-14 here with that era but again, you can't comprehend that thinking

Comment

What are your thoughts about the yankees having the 3rd best era and it equating to the division title? Or tommy hunter kicking lackeys ass with the same run support? The problem gizmo is you have zero expectations from people and we expect much more based on every number I have given you in this thread. John lackey would love you as a manager because he could eat twinkies all fuckin day and go out with an era approaching 7 because he is a .500 pitcher and you don't care or expect more.

Comment

Wayne you have a very thick head.All I have said is when he has won he has pitched well and when he has lost he has pitched horrible.The Red Sox offense bailed him out of and got him a win once on a bad start,they r not winning the games he pitches bad in.

I listed all his starts he won and a few that he should have won and I would take every one of those starts for my #4 or #5 starter.Its not my fault he is getting paid like a #1 or #2.Its the other 6-10 starts that he has where he pitches 3 innings and gives up 8 runs that is killing the era and whip.The 17 starts i posted are good enough to win with.

I also never said he is a good pitcher or is pitching well I am just trying to explain to you that he wins games and you cant understand that.You also can't say anyone elses #4 or #5 would be doing any better because you have a guy with a 5 ERA with a 500 record 7-7 and a guy with a 3.63 is 1-2 with 7 starts so the guy with the 6 1/2 era must be doing something well sometimes.

Its normal tho you need to blame someone, let me ask you this do you go to games and BOO also.

Comment

and to bring the yankees era into this is ridiculous ,there era is what it is because of the bullpen 1.11, 1.69, 1.95, 1.98, 2.93,3.62 thats anyone with over 30 appearances from the bullpen.Joba 27 games 2.83

Here is Red Sox bullpen 2.69, 2.70, 3.21,3.86,4.38,these r your guys with over 30 appearances it cant be there fault tho.Jenks got hurt 17 games he had 6.32 Miller now in pen 5.63

Blame the guy that has 12 wins and r 13-14 in his 27 starts.

I just looked at lackey starts again and this is not to say anything about him being good but do you know that in his losses they scored 0 runs 4 times and 1 run twice and 2 runs twice thats 8 starts of nothing for run support and I remember you saying how they bailed him out so many times ,can you please tell me the games they did that.

Comment

Gizmo you are off base. I as well have watched a majority of Lackey's starts and he has pitched well in no more than 5 of those games. He has gotten a tremendous amount of run support this year. The only pitcher on that staff that has had poor run support this year is Beckett. He would have 20 wins with Lackey's run support this year. Lackey has been a complete bust and will be the #2 reason if this team doesn't make the playoffs. As I have stated injuries especially to Bucholz is the number one reason with him healthy they would have been a cinch for the playoffs

Comment

Thick head? LMAO

I'm not the one defending the fat ass who has a 6.49 era. Read what others say about lackey. Its not just me.

Comment

I find it hilarious that a so called baseball guy like yourself thinks era means nothing and wins are everything. That may be the dumbest thing I ever heard. The baseball writers and fans alike know the difference. If they didn't you wouldn't see 2 .500 pitchers like greinke and hernandez win the last 2 cy young awards in the AL. THEY DIDN'T WIN IT BECAUSE OF THEIR RECORD BUT THEIR ERA PLAYED A MAJOR FUCKIN ROLE GIZ. Wouldn't expect you to get that either though!

Comment

All you need to do is answer if you BOO at games and I will know why this was a waste of times.

Of course you boo because you think its your right to win games and that if someone doesnt do what you think they should they stink.Its hard winning games and he won 12 how hard is it for anyone to understand if your ERA is 3 and your 12-12 and your ERA is 20 and 12-12 you still got the same amount of wins.They dont let u in the playoffs because someones ERa is better you have to win the fucking games.

In his 12 wins ok his 12 wins lets try this again he got bailed out once in MY OPINION and that was his first win.After his first win he gave up 0 they scored 7 is that held against him because they scored 7.his next wins he gave up 3,4,4 and they scored 6 ,16,10 .Are you saying he only wins because they score an avg.ofalmost 10 a game in these 4 wins.

Lets go to the next 4 wins shall we,he gave up 0,3,1,3 holy shit he sucks so the team goes and scores 4.9.7.12 another average of 8 a game but he gave up under 2.

onto his last 3 wins he gave up 3,4,4, again and they scored 10,6,11, thats another pretty good average.

But just because he gets run support does not mean he pitched badly thats the part you cant comprehend, you keep saying he is fat and makes faces and has a high ERA and Whip which may be all true but its because he has blown up in some games.

And again so you dont have to say it for the 4rth time I am not saying he is good and I am not even sticking up for him but I know how hard it is to win games.You cant even say "Man that Lackey has pitched horrible this year and is very inconsistent but at least he has given the team enough good starts and kept us in some games to get 12 wins this year".

Seems very narrow minded to me.

Go to the game and BOO and enjoy

Comment

Wayne if your going to do this than don't say I said something.I never said ERA means nothing so don't FUCKING SAY I DID!!!!!

I said wins are the hardest thing and most important thing to get.

Thats what I said and thats all I said so if you want to put words in peoples mouths it better not be mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X