Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best golf course you have ever played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post
    Tash, I played Oak Ridge Country Club in Hopkins and Hazeltine National last summer. Have to say Oak Ridge was 10 times nicer. Ever play there?
    No Club- I have never got a chance to play that track....I have heard good things about it. I did play Hazeltine about 5 years ago and thought it was pretty damn nice. It cant be 10x better ? really ? I might have to make some calls and work my way in. I was just up in Biwabik and played the Giants Ridge and the Quarry....very very nice !

Comment

I got lucky and was able to play the 17th hole at TPC SAWGRASS ON JULY 4TH OF THIS YEAR.ME,THE WIFE,AND THE KIDS WENT TO JACKSONVILLE FOR JULY 4TH.WE WERE STAYING AT THE WINGATE BY WYNDHAM AT PONTE VEDA FLA AND THEY WERE OFFERING THIS DEAL WHERE THEY WERE GIVING U A RIDE TO THE 17TH GREEN AND LET YOU HIT 3 SHOTS ON THE ISLAND GREEN.IT ONLY COST $10 AND WE ALL WENT AND I HIT 6 SHOTS IN ALL AND HAD NO LUCK WHATSOEVER.Hit 4 SHOTS IN THE WATER AND HIT 2 SHOTS THAT HIT THE GREEN BUT DID NOT STAY ON IT.THAT WAS VERY TOUGH AS I AM NOT THAt GREAT OF A GOLFER.
      MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
      0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tash View Post
        No Club- I have never got a chance to play that track....I have heard good things about it. I did play Hazeltine about 5 years ago and thought it was pretty damn nice. It cant be 10x better ? really ? I might have to make some calls and work my way in. I was just up in Biwabik and played the Giants Ridge and the Quarry....very very nice !
        No, not ten times nicer, but there is so little play on the course(they have under 200 members), tee times are every 15 minutes, they hand mow the greens twice a day, fairways almost looked fake. Greens were quite a bit faster than Hazeltines, that for me is a huge bonus.
        I've never been over to the Iron range area to play those courses, heard very good things about them too. If you get a chance play Oak Ridge. Give Sid Hartman a call, he's a member and was there that day. Just tell him your a "close personal friend". Rumor has it he doesn't remember who his friends are anymore. (God awful disease)

Comment

One other course I think of when it comes to beautiful courses is Aviara north of San Diego. The resort is 5 star, use to be a Four Seasons, think it's Hilton now, but the course is absolutely beautiful. A couple goofey holes, but I guess it took Palmer 5 or 6 years to build it cause it was in a nature preserve od some kind. Great place all around.

Comment

Garth, I played Bali Hai in Vegas also, very nice course. Did you use the driving range there? It's like a cage, but the fun part is you never have to tee your ball. It comes out of the ground automaticly as soon as you hit. Thought that was great. But then I am a little lazy.
            Yep, I did use the range. Had forgotten about that gadget until your post. Only place I've ever seen it.

Comment

Club, is that the place you were telling me about where they caught you sitting down on the driving range tee box with your shorts around your ankles?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                Club, is that the place you were telling me about where they caught you sitting down on the driving range tee box with your shorts around your ankles?
                Only you would think of something like that!!! Well, you and JC.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post

Comment

1) Cascatta in LV...
                    2) Royal Melbourne
                    3) Muirfield Village
                    4) Spyglass

Comment

No, not ten times nicer, but there is so little play on the course(they have under 200 members), tee times are every 15 minutes, they hand mow the greens twice a day, fairways almost looked fake. Greens were quite a bit faster than Hazeltines, that for me is a huge bonus.
                      I've never been over to the Iron range area to play those courses, heard very good things about them too. If you get a chance play Oak Ridge. Give Sid Hartman a call, he's a member and was there that day. Just tell him your a "close personal friend". Rumor has it he doesn't remember who his friends are anymore. (God awful disease)

"close personal friend"

Maybe he can get me in a foursome with Bobby Knight! poor Sid is starting to slide...kinda sad

Comment

TPC Sawgrass & Bethpage Black

Comment

Working...
                        X