Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best golf course you have ever played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best golf course you have ever played?

Mine would have to be Oak Tree National. Fantastic, tough course.

Site of the 1988 PGA Championship and 2006 Senior PGA Championship. Also scheduled to host the 2014 Senior PGA Championship.

Played the TPC at Sawgrass twice this spring a couple weeks after The Players Championship, Very difficult, but a ton of fun. 2nd would be Jacks' Best in Las Vegas, and The Stadium Course in Palm Springs would be third.

Was invited to play Oak Tree this fall by a member, but I guess they had some local chucker play it and he destroyed all the fairways and rough worse than a bulldozer. (quite the hack)

Comment

Bethpage Black in Farmingdale N.Y. U.S. Open was played there few years ago. Tough course but had a ball.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmaniac View Post
        Bethpage Black in Farmingdale N.Y. U.S. Open was played there few years ago. Tough course but had a ball.
        Is that the place where you get there early and stand in line for a tee time?

I've heard it's an awesome course.

Comment

Spyglass at Pebble Beach. Awesome place!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post

Yes Im pretty sure it's a State Park. Guys sleep in their car so they can get in line to play. Prices were low also since it's a state park.

Comment

That's the way they use to run it. People sleep in their cars so they can be at the front of the line.

Comment

Bandon Dunes hands down

Played all the courses listed above, and i think they are rated so high cuz of the PGA tour events, but you can't get much better then Bandon, best golf trip if you can get a group of buddies to go out there...

Sawgrass very hard if you fade the ball, every hole is made up for a draw
                Bethpage, boring and just straight up long
                Spyglass, would play that 100x before Pebble beach
                Really enjoyed Harbor Town where the haritage is played, but didn't care for any of those other courses in that area
                Played Whistling straits last year, Very enjoyable course, would do that again, but overall Bandon is the best experience i've had golfing with Whistling Straits my 2nd choice

Bandon Dunes Golf Resort - Golf As It Was Meant To Be - Bandon, Oregon

Comment

Bandon dunes looks awesome. When I played Spyglass it was $175 and Pebble was $275 and a few of the holes were temporary greens so I was like fuck it I ain't paying $300 to play temp greens. One of my best vacations ever. I was playing Spyglass in shorts on a Monday and snow skiing at Lake Tahoe on Tuesday. I would like to play that course in Tahoe that they have the celebrity event at. Place looks nice!!!

Comment

Played the TPC at Sawgrass twice this spring a couple weeks after The Players Championship, Very difficult, but a ton of fun. 2nd would be Jacks' Best in Las Vegas, and The Stadium Course in Palm Springs would be third.

Was invited to play Oak Tree this fall by a member, but I guess they had some local chucker play it and he destroyed all the fairways and rough worse than a bulldozer. (quite the hack)
                    hey I think I know that guy?

Comment

Vahalla in Lousiville

Comment

Palmilla Golf Club in Los Cabos, Mexico...can't remember much cuz I got piss drunk, but I do member spending bout $600 bucks and had a blast, beautiful course

Comment

Originally posted by ogarza View Post
                          Palmilla Golf Club in Los Cabos, Mexico...can't remember much cuz I got piss drunk, but I do member spending bout $600 bucks and had a blast, beautiful course
                          I saw a course one time from Los Cabos and I'm assuming this is it. It looked unreal and the whole course looked like it was in canyons and deserts.

Comment

Pirates Cove in O.O.B.

It is a Mini Golf Course but it was awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                              Pirates Cove in O.O.B.

It is a Mini Golf Course but it was awesome!!!
                              Lmao! When I had saw you posted in here I was going to change your quote to Lobster Bay putt putt. Looks like there's no need

Comment

Working...
                              X