Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best golf course you have ever played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like golfing kb but i am a cheap SOB when it comes to golf. I'm not good and paying $300 to embarrass myself and hack away on a course just seems so senseless to me. All it would do is frustrate the hell out of me. We go to $30-$50 places to play and grab some beers and have a blast. No pressure and nobody cares!

Comment

I'm the same way buddy. I wouldn't mind dropping a hundy or two or three once a year on a nice course, but the local hack courses are good enough for me 99% of the time

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
        I saw a course one time from Los Cabos and I'm assuming this is it. It looked unreal and the whole course looked like it was in canyons and deserts.
        Yea really is a nice course...a couple others I really like are Rio Secco in las Vegas and Phonecian in Scottsdale...I'm a pretty shitty golfer shoot high 90s but when I'm out of town I spend a bit extra for a nice course and some cold beers with my boys

Comment

Tartan fields probably would be the most notorious place I have ever been to or some may know it here. It's in Dublin Ohio or what used to be the Wendys classic I believe. I don't believe they play there anymore on the LPGA tour but could be wrong. Played many Country clubs which I thought were just as nice. Montour Country club, Chartiers Country club which are pretty nice in the Pittsburgh area.

Played Quicksilver as well which was part of the senior tour at one time. Hell I used to play it all the time when it was called Fallen Timber and thought it was a goat pasture before they put some money in it!

So for me haven't probably been to a 5 star course so that is all I got!!

Comment

In no order for me

WHISTLING STRAITS
            TORREY PINES
            TPC-SAWGRASS
            THE HARVESTER

Comment

Originally posted by tash View Post
              In no order for me

WHISTLING STRAITS
              TORREY PINES
              TPC-SAWGRASS
              THE HARVESTER
              Tash, I played Oak Ridge Country Club in Hopkins and Hazeltine National last summer. Have to say Oak Ridge was 10 times nicer. Ever play there?

Comment

Spyglass and Kapalua. Had a chance to play Pebble for $270 last week because the greens were aerated but chose not to. It's over $500 normally.....Spyglass ate me up. Went into the clubhouse and saw Mickelson had the lowest round there at 62. Amazing considering how difficult it is.

KAZ
                [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
                  Spyglass and Kapalua. Had a chance to play Pebble for $270 last week because the greens were aerated but chose not to. It's over $500 normally.....Spyglass ate me up. Went into the clubhouse and saw Mickelson had the lowest round there at 62. Amazing considering how difficult it is.

KAZ
                  Spyglass was tough. I played the tips and shot 81 and the weather really wasn't bad. That course would be brutal in wet windy conditions.

Comment

Spyglass was tough. I played the tips and shot 81 and the weather really wasn't bad. That course would be brutal in wet windy conditions.
                    I think the course rating was 75 or 76 which is as high as I have ever seen on any golf course

Comment

Wow. Anything in the 80's on that course is good. The greens were tough to read. I 4 putted a couple of greens.

Did you get a chance to play Poppy Hills while you were there? It's next door to Spy and the greens there are ridiculous. The pro's hate it cuz the greens are so undulated. I shot an 85 there in a tourney. I gotta make Pebble someday. Just to say I did it...My bro says it's euphoric walking that course.

KAZ
                      [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
                        Wow. Anything in the 80's on that course is good. The greens were tough to read. I 4 putted a couple of greens.

Did you get a chance to play Poppy Hills while you were there? It's next door to Spy and the greens there are ridiculous. The pro's hate it cuz the greens are so undulated. I shot an 85 there in a tourney. I gotta make Pebble someday. Just to say I did it...My bro says it's euphoric walking that course.

KAZ
                        Spyglass is the only one I played. I was in Carmel and I was just going to do the scenic 20 mike drive before I headed to Tahoe and next thing you know I was in the clubhouse. Really wanted to play Pebble but since a few of the holes including 18 had temporary greens I decided to play Spyglass instead. The par 3 3rd is easily the most beautiful golf hole I played. Only thing that I was disappointed with is it seems like after hole 6 or 7 you don't see the ocean much. I was kinda expecting to be like Pebble with these ocean side closing holes but if I remember correctly the whole back 9 is away from the ocean.

Comment

Bandon dunes looks awesome. When I played Spyglass it was $175 and Pebble was $275 and a few of the holes were temporary greens so I was like fuck it I ain't paying $300 to play temp greens. One of my best vacations ever. I was playing Spyglass in shorts on a Monday and snow skiing at Lake Tahoe on Tuesday. I would like to play that course in Tahoe that they have the celebrity event at. Place looks nice!!!
                          Course is called Edgewood, vols. I played it a couple of years ago. Beautiful course. beautiful lake. I love Tahoe. I'd like to go skiing at Heavenly some time . have only been there in May. did well at the blackjack tables while I was there too so that didn't hurt my perception of Lake Tahoe.

Other really nice courses I've played and enjoyed include the Blue Monster at Doral (nice course if you can hit the fairways, I couldn't), Bali Hai in Vegas, and Twin Warriors out in the middle of the high desert between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Beautiful resort and spa there also (Tamaya Hyatt)..

Comment

Originally posted by Watchtower76 View Post
                            Bandon Dunes hands down

Played all the courses listed above, and i think they are rated so high cuz of the PGA tour events, but you can't get much better then Bandon, best golf trip if you can get a group of buddies to go out there...

Sawgrass very hard if you fade the ball, every hole is made up for a draw
                            Bethpage, boring and just straight up long
                            Spyglass, would play that 100x before Pebble beach
                            Really enjoyed Harbor Town where the haritage is played, but didn't care for any of those other courses in that area
                            Played Whistling straits last year, Very enjoyable course, would do that again, but overall Bandon is the best experience i've had golfing with Whistling Straits my 2nd choice

Bandon Dunes Golf Resort - Golf As It Was Meant To Be - Bandon, Oregon
                            I've wanted to play Bandon for a long time. The problem is there is nothing around there other than the courses so it's tough to get any of my boys to go with me.

My top 3 played are:

Kapalua
                            Mauna Lani
                            Wolf Creek (Mesquite)

Comment

Originally posted by garth View Post
                              Other really nice courses I've played and enjoyed include the Blue Monster at Doral (nice course if you can hit the fairways, I couldn't), Bali Hai in Vegas, and Twin Warriors out in the middle of the high desert between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Beautiful resort and spa there also (Tamaya Hyatt)..
                              Garth, I played Bali Hai in Vegas also, very nice course. Did you use the driving range there? It's like a cage, but the fun part is you never have to tee your ball. It comes out of the ground automaticly as soon as you hit. Thought that was great. But then I am a little lazy.

Comment

The best course I have ever played was the Collosseum Country Club. In Rome of course !! I remember when I would get there with my 4 stone carved granite shafted clubs. Just waiting for the attendant to take them to our chariot to play a full 6 holes. All for only 2 bronze coins too !! The fairways were tight; my toga riding up me chaffing my buttocks. Never had to worry about scuffing any balls as they were made of rock. Man what a time I had back in 287 B.C. !! I would still be a member there today if that piece of shit Julius Caeser didnt become a member a screw everything up for us regulars.

If you didnt believe me when I said the fairways are tight, here's a pic of the 4th hole.

signed,

Spark

He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Working...
                                X