No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys' Tony Romo and Wade Phillips criticized by Emmitt Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know I'm a Dallas fan.I'm concerned about Romo,but I'm way more worried about Phillips.He's a coordinator at best.Wayne,you keep bringin up the botched snap.The best of the best fuck up.Without him,they never would have been in position to win.How many starting NFL qbs hold on kicks?You think Bledsoe would have taken them that far,I dont.How many times did Peyton Manning choke before he got the job done?

Comment

Originally posted by ctt8410 View Post
      Emmitt was a great player, but he makes a fool of himself every time he opens his mouth. As for Romo being a bum:

Career Passer Rating (94.7) = 1st among active QBs, 2nd All-time
      Career Yards/Attempt (8.1) = 1st among active QBs, 4th All-time
      Career Completion Rate (63.6%) = 6th among active QBs, 7th All-time

That's a pretty decent bum.
      OVERRATED!

QB rating in December 71.9
      Completion % 58.9
      Ints 19

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
        I would take Romo over Eli Manning who palyed on a much better team with a much better coach.
        You can have him. I'll take Eli.

In 2007 with the Cowboys at 13-3 and prior to the Giants winning the super bowl most considered the Boys the better team. Eli went into Dallas and outplayed Homo. Perhaps the Giants are better because they have the better QB? Last night Eli was by far the better and more composed QB.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          You can have him. I watched Eli Manning play unbelieveable football 4 games in a row to win a Super Bowl and that is what i like.
          P.S. Dallas was the much better team with the much better record when the Wildcard Giants went in there and spanked Dallas at home in a playoff game in '07.
          Prior to reading these posts I echoed the same responses.

Comment

Originally posted by bwade210 View Post
            flarendep1, Im just wondering if you still think Romo is one of the top NFL QB's after watching that "performance" last night.
            That was a huge game for the Cowboys organization, and like every other big game Tony Romo has been in, he choked. He cannot play when it counts. Plain and simple.

That was a pretty tough defense he went up against. Eli outplayed him no doubt. Romo has top 10 QB talent, just had another bad game at a bad time. He will never win a SB.
            NBA is a joke

Comment

Last night was just another chapter in the Tony Romo Chokeathon!

3 Picks and 2 were horrible. He was on the big stage once again on Sunday night football and opening the new stadium ... and he chokes his fucken chicken. 127 yards passing and 3 picks. The guy can't handle pressure. Plain & simple.

P.S. Eli looked pretty good with 330 yards passing, 2 TD's and ZERO picks!

Comment

He will have to carry the team more this year, I dont think he is that type of QB, JMO.
                IMO this season Eli will prove you wrong. This is now Eli's "team". First, Shockey and then Plax. The offense doesn't have anymore characters. Eli is the leader of this offense and this team. His leadership shined last night. The best part. His teammates respect Eli. They have extreme confidence in his ability.

Justin Tuck, the leader of the defense, stated he knew Eli would drive the team down the field for the win. Those statements speak volumes on the field and in the locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                  IMO this season Eli will prove you wrong. This is now Eli's "team". First, Shockey and then Plax. The offense doesn't have anymore characters. Eli is the leader of this offense and this team. His leadership shined last night. The best part. His teammates respect Eli. They have extreme confidence in his ability.

Justin Tuck, the leader of the defense, stated he knew Eli would drive the team down the field for the win. Those statements speak volumes on the field and in the locker room.
                  Don't forget Tiki. With those 3 gone, this is truly and 100% Eli's team now and i think he will thrive in that role, especially if Smith & Manningham keep playing this way!

Comment

That was a pretty tough defense he went up against. Eli outplayed him no doubt. Romo has top 10 QB talent, just had another bad game at a bad time. He will never win a SB.
                    The Giants D was terrible last night. They couldn't stop the run. That should have opened up the passing game. Romo got little to no pressure. He still couldn't deliver.

Bad game at a bad time? When has he had a good game at a good time?

Lots of players have top10 talent. Having top 10 talent and performing at a top 10 level are two entirely different beasts.

Comment

Don't forget Tiki. With those 3 gone, this is truly and 100% Eli's team now and i think he will thrive in that role, especially if Smith & Manningham keep playing this way!
                      Very true. I forgot about Tiki.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                        The Giants D was terrible last night. They couldn't stop the run. That should have opened up the passing game. Romo got little to no pressure. He still couldn't deliver.

Bad game at a bad time? When has he had a good game at a good time?

Lots of players have top10 talent. Having top 10 talent and performing at a top 10 level are two entirely different beasts.

Then you have to blame Wade Phillips too for not staying with the run longer. The Giants still have a good Defense
                        NBA is a joke

Comment

I agree with you guys about the Giants dumping their cancers of the team, credit to managment for backing Eli.
                          NBA is a joke

Comment

I was glad the Cowboys lost BTW, The Ravens ruined the Cowboys closing Texas Stadium party last year, Giants ruined it for them this year! Fuck Jerry Jones
                            NBA is a joke

Comment

Not sure we had ground rules on how to comment. Romo is an easy target but many teams would love to have him.
                              I agree many teams would take Romo. More teams wouldn't take him.

Teams that would take Romo
                              Skins
                              Bucs
                              Panthers
                              Niners
                              Seahawks
                              Rams
                              Bills
                              Dolphins
                              Browns
                              Texans
                              Jags
                              Broncos
                              Raiders
                              Chiefs

Teams that pass
                              Giants
                              Eagles
                              Vikings
                              Packers
                              Bears
                              Lions
                              Falcons
                              Saints
                              Cards (close call)
                              Jets
                              Pats
                              Ravens
                              Steelers
                              Bengals
                              Colts
                              Titans (close call)
                              Chargers

Comment

Then you have to blame Wade Phillips too for not staying with the run longer. The Giants still have a good Defense
                                I agree Wade is terrible. He needs to go. The problem if Parcells left because of Jerry who really wants to coach that team?

The Giants do have a good D but last night they were terrible. They couldn't stop the run and barely touched Romo. A good QB would have eaten up the Giants last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X