Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pake View Post
    Just had to weigh in:

Good Point about the "Big Stage" , I firmly believe Romo did not have enough
    challenging environments in college so is having a very difficult time in the
    " BIG " game.

Romo -- Eastern Illinois

Eli -- Ole Miss (SEC)
    Peyton -- Tennessee (SEC)
    Brady -- Michigan (Big 10)
    Brees -- Purdue (Big 10)
    McNabb -- Syracuse (Big East)
    Brees does sport a stellar 1-2 record in the playoffs.

Here are the other 3 QBs from last year's championship games:
    Roethlisberger -- Miami (OH)
    Warner -- Northern Iowa
    Flacco -- Delaware

Comment

give me Big Ben! he's a winner! tough sob! the only stat i need is W and L's!

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post
        You'd agree with anyone who listed a Tennessee player

Thats not as crazy as me agreeing with the 2 big 10 guys on the list

Comment

Originally posted by Dat Boi E View Post
          x2. He's not the most talented, but he is a top 3 QB and I want him in a big game as much as any other QB in the league.....
          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by Dat Boi E View Post
            Big Ben came up huge in the last Super Bowl. His first Super Bowl was a joke. He played terrible and the refs gave the game to the Steelers.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
              Big Ben came up huge in the last Super Bowl. His first Super Bowl was a joke. He played terrible and the refs gave the game to the Steelers.

BR is a good QB who happens to be on a great team. Anyone remember how Byron Leftwich came in for him and moved the ball with ease. The real thing BR has going for him is his size and strength. He is tough to bring down but he has had some great recievers who keep working to get open and really bail him out.
              NBA is a joke

Comment

Everyoen is dumping on Romo now!

I'm not sayin'...but I'm just sayin'.....

"I don't know why on God's Earth Tony Romo has been anointed a superstar in the National Football League," Hall of Fame running back Tony Dorsett told Fox Sports Radio. "Tony is very young in his career. Not to say you can't be young in your career and be a superstar because you've got one up there in Minnesota in Adrian Peterson.

"But the thing is this: You have a guy who hasn't done much, and quarterbacks in the NFL, most of them go through this growing curve. He hasn't gone through that growing curve, but he was anointed this great player all of a sudden. Now he's having to live up to that. And obviously Tony has some deficiencies."

Romo turned in one of his worst outings in the loss to the Giants: 13 of 29 for 127 yards with a touchdown, and the three picks all resulted in New York touchdowns. It also was a dramatic reversal from the opener, in which Romo was poised and patient, did not have a turnover and threw for 353 yards and three scores in a 34-21 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

" ... He's a good player who's still learning how to play in the NFL, and I think the media has given him too much credit for doing nothing," Dorsett told Fox Sports Radio. "He hasn't done anything really in the NFL to deserve all the recognition and visibility he's gotten so far."

Another former Cowboys running back, NFL all-time leading rusher Emmitt Smith, and Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman also have been critical of the way Romo handles himself and the team.

Smith told Sirius NFL Radio several weeks ago that Romo fails to "demand excellence" from Cowboys players.

"I never saw [Romo] go snatch somebody up, and say, 'Hey, we can't win like this. We can't have guys jumping offsides. I can't have [a defender] coming at me unabated. Who is making the mistakes up front? Why aren't you picking this guy up? This is not going down this way. If you can't get your job done, get off the football field,' " Smith said in his interview with Sirius.

Last January, Aikman questioned whether Romo understands what it takes to be quarterback of the Cowboys. During the offseason, Romo vowed to become a more "active" and effective leader for the coming season.

"I think maybe things happened so quickly for Tony in terms of obscurity to all of a sudden national spotlight that he hasn't fully grasped what being the Cowboys quarterback is all about," Aikman told former teammate Michael Irvin on the latter's radio show.
                Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Working...
                X