MLB Trades and Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by savage1 View Post
    Joe Torre is a Hall of Fame manager on the first ballot. I would bet anything on that if there was a line-enuf said.
    Managing is not important, and you got to have the players to win a WS(especially thos who are highly paid)?
    Just try to tell that tothe DBacks and Marlins of a few years ago.
    Try running a Mercedes with diesel fuel and so how it runs.

savage, I seriously can't talk to you anymore. You respond to the weirdest shit. You obviously missed the whole point of my post. You ran and posted a bunch of crap and it doesn't even pertain to what you quoted. You are seriously lost and confused and i have no clue what you are talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
      savage, I seriously can't talk to you anymore. You respond to the weirdest shit. You obviously missed the whole point of my post. You ran and posted a bunch of crap and it doesn't even pertain to what you quoted. You are seriously lost and confused and i have no clue what you are talking about.
      Ok-I interpret that to mean that I backed you into a corner and confronted you with some points to which you have no answers;as you usually do, you simply respond to name calling when someone disagrees with you.
      Lets just say we both like the Red Sox and have a different opinion of the role/importance of a GM and manager, in this case the Red Sox) and don't agree.
      See you during the next debate.
      ps If I am missing the point of your posts, then try re-reading and re-writing it so that the message is clear.
      Last edited by savage1; 08-04-2009, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by savage1 View Post
        Ok-I interpret that to mean that I backed you into a corner and confronted you with some points to which you have no answers;as you usually do, you simply respond to name calling when someone disagrees with you.
        Lets just say we both like the Red Sox and have a different opinion of the role/importance of a GM and manager, in this case the Red Sox) and don't agree.
        See you during the next debate.

I'm not in a corner savage and i didn't call you any names. Jesus christ are you deaf?

I made a point and you went off in a direction i don't even understand. How the fuck is that being backed in a corner????

My point was simple, every manager needs players to win and Torre had none before the Yankees and he was a losing manager, just like Francona. You go off on some fucken gibberish rant about Torre being a hall of famer and my point flew right over your fucken head. You are lost, you seriously are!

It is so fucken annoying trying to make a point to you because you NEVER EVER respond to it, you just go on and on and on about shit nobody but you cares about. If you are going to argue, at least stay on point, JUST ONCE!

Comment

I'm not in a corner savage and i didn't call you any names. Jesus christ are you deaf?

I made a point and you went off in a direction i don't even understand. How the fuck is that being backed in a corner????

My point was simple, every manager needs players to win and Torre had none before the Yankees and he was a losing manager, just like Francona. You go off on some fucken gibberish rant about Torre being a hall of famer and my point flew right over your fucken head. You are lost, you seriously are!

It is so fucken annoying trying to make a point to you because you NEVER EVER respond to it, you just go on and on and on about shit nobody but you cares about. If you are going to argue, at least stay on point, JUST ONCE!
          No name calling?? What is this then?

"You are seriously lost and confused and i have no clue what you are talking about." In additon, you used other choice words a few years ago.

My point about managing is that managers are important and can be instrumental and helpful even if they don't have the best and highest paid players.
          Thr DBacks and the Marlins teams I alluded to are proof of that.
          I mentioned Torre PRECISELY because managers are deemed to be important in the scheme of things and imo, Torre will receive his due when he is elected into the HOF for the great job he did in managing the Yankees teams to those WS in the nineties regardless of the fact that the Yankees haven't won any since 2000(which I attribute to Cashman's simply trying to buy a championship with players with hugo egos. This was totally unlike the Yankees of the 90's where the players were very good, knew their role, were unselfish and were blended into a winning team by Torre).
          You can say all you want about the team having to have to have the players for a manager to succeed;even if that was entirely true, the manager needs to know who to play, who to pitch, when to take the pitchers out, when to pinch hit and make defensive moves, when to hit and run, etc as well as of course as of course gettin them to blend together as a unit.
          Torre is a great manager, and I believe the role of the manager is EXTREMELY important.
          My analogy of putting diesel fuel into a Mercedes is what I think could happen to a team with a lot of talent which has a crappy manager.
          Hope the above helps.
          ps You didn't respond to my posts when you implied that Teixeira would have come to the Sox if they had outbid the Yankees and I quoted what Teixeira said in an interview.
          Also, you didn't respond to the my contention that Theo is pretty shrewd and the examples I cited.
          Finally, lets just say I find it interesting that a few weeksa ago when I said that I thought Smoltz was washed up after several disastrous performances and after a serious injury and considering his age, and you felt he was getting better.
          Yet you say a young kid like Buchholz sucks and you want to give up on him because he had few bad outings-as I said, interesting thinking to say the least.

Comment

• PS I am done with this until at least when the Sox game ends-Go Sox!

Comment

• Saying you are seriously lost and confused is not name calling savage. Calling you an asshole, POS, Douchebag, or several other things would be name calling. You are lost and confused and that is a state of mind, not a name.

Comment

Saying you are seriously lost and confused is not name calling savage. Calling you an asshole, POS, Douchebag, or several other things would be name calling. You are lost and confused and that is a state of mind, not a name.
                It is not name calling per se but it is derogatory in that you are saying that my opinion is worthless.
                Anyways, I think we have both made our points, and obviously we don't agree on some things.
                On the other hand, we both want to see the Sox do well no matter who is right(if there is such a thing as "right: here), and that is more important than anything else.
                I have a bad feeling as I write this that Sox are going to lose here in the ninth.

Comment

Working...
                X