MLB Trades and Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Trades and Rumors

According to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Pirates have traded Jack Wilson and Ian Snell to the Mariners for Jeff Clement and others.
    The Pirates are also expected to receive shortstop Ronny Cedeno and right-hander pitchers Aaron Pribanic, Brett Lorin and Nathan Adcock.

According to FOXSports.com, the Phillies have officially made an offer to the Indians for left-hander Cliff Lee.
    Single-A right-hander Jason Knapp is the centerpiece, with Triple-A right-hander Carlos Carrasco, shortstop Jason Donald and catcher Lou Marson rounding out the rest of the package.

Comment

Multiple sources have reportedly confirmed that Cliff Lee could be headed to Philadelphia in exchange for four minor leaguers.
      The centerpiece of the deal would be Single-A right-hander Jason Knapp, with Triple-A right-hander Carlos Carrasco, shortstop Jason Donald and catcher Lou Marson also heading to Cleveland in exchange for Lee and outfielder Ben Francisco. Nothing is official yet, but this rumored trade continues to gain momentum.

Comment

The Pirates should just sell the franchise. They continually give up quality players..
        It is ridiculous--UNREAL!

Comment

Joel Sherman of the New York Post hears that the Giants are "definitely getting Freddy Sanchez."

Comment

Originally posted by ctt8410 View Post
            Joel Sherman of the New York Post hears that the Giants are "definitely getting Freddy Sanchez."
            Being a Giants fan I hope we don't give up a good prospect, but I like Freddy Sanchez, he's a good hitter and fielder.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
              Being a Giants fan I hope we don't give up a good prospect, but I like Freddy Sanchez, he's a good hitter and fielder.
              He's become a pretty good second baseman after years as a utility infielder. I'd venture as far as to say that he and Jack Wilson were the best double play combo in the majors this season. He'll hit around .300, but it's a bit of an empty .300 since he's got little power and he doesn't walk. He also doesn't possess great speed for a top of the order guy. He's definitely an upgrade this season over Velez or Downs though.

Comment

He's become a pretty good second baseman after years as a utility infielder. I'd venture as far as to say that he and Jack Wilson were the best double play combo in the majors this season. He'll hit around .300, but it's a bit of an empty .300 since he's got little power and he doesn't walk. He also doesn't possess great speed for a top of the order guy. He's definitely an upgrade this season over Velez or Downs though.
                Yea exactly, that's why I hope they don't give up too much. I wanted Uggla for J Sanchez

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
                  The Pirates should just sell the franchise. They continually give up quality players..
                  It is ridiculous--UNREAL!
                  The Pirates have made some bad deals recently, but I think they absolutely won this deal. 3 promising pitching prospects and a former 3rd overall pick in return for your light-hitting 31-year old shortstop and flamed out starter? Sounds good to me.

Comment

The Pirates have made some bad deals recently, but I think they absolutely won this deal. 3 promising pitching prospects and a former 3rd overall pick in return for your light-hitting 31-year old shortstop and flamed out starter? Sounds good to me.
                    Unfortunately though, what good are the prospects? As soon as they hit the bigs and become something, they too will be traded. I agree 100% with bryce. If i was a Pittsburgh fan, i would find a new team. If the team doesn't care about winning, why should the fans.

Comment

Look at the young OF they had what, 6-12 months ago? Bay, McClouth and i forget the 3rd one be he is gone as was pretty good too. That franchise is a JOKE!

Comment

Snell has been dominating in the minors, he might still turn it around.

Comment

For the record, Cliff Lee is no Roy Halladay, I would've include the extra prospect and got Halladay. Ace pitchers are the most important thing in baseball. If the Phillies play the Yankees or RedSox say in the World Series, Halladay against CC or Beckett would be a tough game, Cliff Lee against those guys, and you'll probably lose, and that's two out of 7 games.

Comment

Just the other day Uncle Pud Selig said the Pirates are in very good hands , and he expects the Pirates to be contenders in the very near future ! WHAT A IDIOT !!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                              Unfortunately though, what good are the prospects? As soon as they hit the bigs and become something, they too will be traded. I agree 100% with bryce. If i was a Pittsburgh fan, i would find a new team. If the team doesn't care about winning, why should the fans.
                              Don't get me wrong, the Pirates have been a revolving door for prospects. If I were a Pirates fan, I'd be pissed about the Bay and McLouth trades (especially McLouth because he's still cheap), but Wilson and Snell aren't anywhere near the level of those 2 guys. I guess my point was if Pirates fan is going to be upset then this isn't the deal to shake your head at because this time they got real prospects for average major leaguers.

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                              Look at the young OF they had what, 6-12 months ago? Bay, McClouth and i forget the 3rd one be he is gone as was pretty good too. That franchise is a JOKE!
                              Bay, McLouth, and Nady were all really good at the beginning of last year for the Pirates. Here were their numbers at the All-Star break:

Bay .287/.387/.531 with 19 homers
                              McLouth .281/.357/.542 with 19 homers
                              Nady .321/.377/.525 with 12 homers

3 outfielders all slugging greater than .525? That's like having 3 Lance Berkman clones in your outfield. Unfortunately for Pirates fan, they traded them all away for magic beans. Those trades are the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X