Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That ball came nowhere close to the rim !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Guys, i decided that i really needed to see a replay of this. I searched Youtube and found it.

Let me say this, there is NO WAY IN HELL that "Clearly" missed the rim. In fact, i feel very confident saying IT DID hit the rim. I also think it should have been reviewed BUT, i don't think the replay clearly showed whether it did or didn't hit the rim.

A replay would not have changed a call either way (IMO).

The one thing that totally convinced me that it DID hit the rim was the shot itself. As i stated above, no jump shot from 20 feet would stay in bounds if it was an air ball. You have seen a million air balls go right out of bounds. Not only was it a jump shot, it was from well beyond the 3 point line and it was almost dead center. Meaning, a shot with that much momemtum thrown in that direction would carry directly out of bounds if it caught nothing but net. That ball CLEARLY changed it's path and if you look at the overhead shot, it almost drops directly straight down. There is NO WAY in hell that a 3 point shot, shot straight on, would drop straight down without hitting the rim. Look at the shot, that ball is on a b-line for row one and instead, it dropped straight down in to the paint. It wasn't a rainbow shot and the thing was a line drive on a rope. I'm sorry Dino, but i can't in any way understand how you can be that positive it missed the rim. Physics would say it is impossible for the ball to go down that way without hitting the rim. I'm sorry but i definately disagree and i definately take the side of 3J & KAZ in this one.

Here is the video ........

YouTube - Playoffs - Round 2 Game 5 : Boston Celtics VS Orlando Magics (Comeback)

Go to about the 2:10 part of the video.

Comment

• Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
      Don't involve in all this rogue dark knight, stern hates the nba, there is no fix crap. I want none of it. You guys argue for pages about the fix. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FIX. Review the fvcking call or tell me why you didn't, until then, the NBA can go fvk themselves. I laid 3 units on Orlando to win the series. And you can't screw around like that w/o an explanation.
      There was no 'Orlando Magic' answer (no 'D'!)!!!
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        Ok Guys, i decided that i really needed to see a replay of this. I searched Youtube and found it.

Let me say this, there is NO WAY IN HELL that "Clearly" missed the rim. In fact, i feel very confident saying IT DID hit the rim. I also think it should have been reviewed BUT, i don't think the replay clearly showed whether it did or didn't hit the rim.

A replay would not have changed a call either way (IMO).

The one thing that totally convinced me that it DID hit the rim was the shot itself. As i stated above, no jump shot from 20 feet would stay in bounds if it was an air ball. You have seen a million air balls go right out of bounds. Not only was it a jump shot, it was from well beyond the 3 point line and it was almost dead center. Meaning, a shot with that much momemtum thrown in that direction would carry directly out of bounds if it caught nothing but net. That ball CLEARLY changed it's path and if you look at the overhead shot, it almost drops directly straight down. There is NO WAY in hell that a 3 point shot, shot straight on, would drop straight down without hitting the rim. Look at the shot, that ball is on a b-line for row one and instead, it dropped straight down in to the paint. It wasn't a rainbow shot and the thing was a line drive on a rope. I'm sorry Dino, but i can't in any way understand how you can be that positive it missed the rim. Physics would say it is impossible for the ball to go down that way without hitting the rim. I'm sorry but i definately disagree and i definately take the side of 3J & KAZ in this one.

YouTube - Playoffs - Round 2 Game 5 : Boston Celtics VS Orlando Magics (Comeback)

I hope LVJimmy doesn't see this.....
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

• Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
          I hope LVJimmy doesn't see this.....
          Why?

Comment

• Also, what about the 3 that allen hit way earlier in the game that clearly was a 2. They changed it with five mins left in game 7 vs bulls when gordon hit the three. Why didnt they change it last night ??? Nonesense !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
              There was no 'Orlando Magic' answer (no 'D'!)!!!
              I don't understand this post.
              "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

• Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post
                Also, what about the 3 that allen hit way earlier in the game that clearly was a 2. They changed it with five mins left in game 7 vs bulls when gordon hit the three. Why didnt they change it last night ??? Nonesense !!
                So now it's something else? Ok, Boston wins by 3. What would that change? Man, you just seem bitter about losing the bet and you are just itching to blame something?

Comment

ok guys, i decided that i really needed to see a replay of this. I searched youtube and found it.

Let me say this, there is no way in hell that "clearly" missed the rim. In fact, i feel very confident saying it did hit the rim. I also think it should have been reviewed but, i don't think the replay clearly showed whether it did or didn't hit the rim.

A replay would not have changed a call either way (imo).

The one thing that totally convinced me that it did hit the rim was the shot itself. As i stated above, no jump shot from 20 feet would stay in bounds if it was an air ball. You have seen a million air balls go right out of bounds. Not only was it a jump shot, it was from well beyond the 3 point line and it was almost dead center. Meaning, a shot with that much momemtum thrown in that direction would carry directly out of bounds if it caught nothing but net. That ball clearly changed it's path and if you look at the overhead shot, it almost drops directly straight down. There is no way in hell that a 3 point shot, shot straight on, would drop straight down without hitting the rim. Look at the shot, that ball is on a b-line for row one and instead, it dropped straight down in to the paint. It wasn't a rainbow shot and the thing was a line drive on a rope. I'm sorry dino, but i can't in any way understand how you can be that positive it missed the rim. Physics would say it is impossible for the ball to go down that way without hitting the rim. I'm sorry but i definately disagree and i definately take the side of 3j & kaz in this one.

youtube - playoffs - round 2 game 5 : Boston celtics vs orlando magics (comeback)

go to about the 2:10 part of the video.
                  you need to see it on a bigger screen and in slow mo wayne

in my mind it wasnt even close - it hit the bottom of the net

it was a wounded duck shot that was dying when it got there - i dont see it change direction at all - i dont know what you are seeing - dolls drop straight down , especially that airball

Comment

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

Comment

you need to see it on a bigger screen and in slow mo wayne

in my mind it wasnt even close - it hit the bottom of the net

it was a wounded duck shot that was dying when it got there - i dont see it change direction at all - i dont know what you are seeing - dolls drop straight down , especially that airball
                      I disagree Dino. I have a huge hi def flat screen monitor and i watched it 100 times. The one thing that was very clear to me was the change of the direction in the ball. It is what it is i guess but i see it much differently than you. You can't explain the direction change in the ball dino. You just can't. Lame duck or not, a ball does not go east & west and suddenly drop south without hitting something. It just doesn't. I've watched a million basketball games and never once have i seen a net do that to a ball.

Comment

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

Then how the hell do you know i need a bigger screen or slow mo?

Type this in at youtube. It still works on the link for me

Playoffs - Round 2 Game 5 : Boston Celtics VS Orlando Magics (Comeback)

Comment

so now it's something else? Ok, boston wins by 3. What would that change? Man, you just seem bitter about losing the bet and you are just itching to blame something?
                          why did the add the point in the bulls game 3 quarters after the fact but didnt deduct it last night when it was mentioned to the officials at half time

can we get some concistancy here ?

The determine ray allens shot wasnt a 3 - why couldnt the change it

and yes - it makes a huuuuuuge diffrence the way the game was played in the last minute

Comment

why did the add the point in the bulls game 3 quarters after the fact but didnt deduct it last night when it was mentioned to the officials at half time

can we get some concistancy here ?

The determine ray allens shot wasnt a 3 - why couldnt the change it

and yes - it makes a huuuuuuge diffrence the way the game was played in the last minute
                            Dino, that was clear as well to me. Last time, it was a scoring error, not a shot that needed reviewing. They were not the same thing. You can't review a shot after a commercial break has come and gone so they couldn't go back.

Comment

• That video Wayne posted changed absolutely nothing from what I watched 10 times last night in my own house on a 40'' TV in slow motion. Two things about that video......

1) there is no slow mo 2) its not big or clear enough.

It was not "on a rope"........ it was quite the opposite, it was a dying forced shot. It was more straight than arced, but it was not "on a rope"........

All things fall on angles, nothing falls straight down. Wayne, your talk of physics is so far off base. I can be assured that you do not "for sure" know what the physics of that shot are. I also know that for the ball to land where it did is not "impossible". It's very possible.

Also note, BIG BABY TOUCHED THE BALL. He touched the ball to keep it in bounds. It could have landed wherever. The trajectory and landing area of the ball is not conclusive at all.

And still, no review. The NBA can explain why there wasn't one, or shove it up their asses.
                              "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

• Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                                That video Wayne posted changed absolutely nothing from what I watched 10 times last night in my own house on a 40'' TV in slow motion. Two things about that video......

1) there is no slow mo 2) its not big or clear enough.

It was not "on a rope"........ it was quite the opposite, it was a dying forced shot. It was more straight than arced, but it was not "on a rope"........

All things fall on angles, nothing falls straight down. Wayne, your talk of physics is so far off base. I can be assured that you do not "for sure" know what the physics of that shot are. I also know that for the ball to land where it did is not "impossible". It's very possible.

Also note, BIG BABY TOUCHED THE BALL. He touched the ball to keep it in bounds. It could have landed wherever. The trajectory and landing area of the ball is not conclusive at all.

And still, no review. The NBA can explain why there wasn't one, or shove it up their asses.
                                You don't need "Slo-mo" when you can rewind it 1000 times and i do have a huge screen and saw the direction change very clearly. I don't know how you didn't. That is impossible to miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X