Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That ball came nowhere close to the rim !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is still going?!?!?!

Comment

• All they talked about on WEEI today was how badly Orlando choked away a 14 pt. 4th qtr. lead and how bad a coach Van Gundy is. They also talked about how Howard and others on the team clearly do not like him that much as a coach (As seen by Howards words). Orlando's last FG came with 5:37 left in the game. To me, that is really unbelieveable and BY FAR the bigger issue.

As far as the rim shot goes, half the guys thought it hit the rim and the other half did not. They did keep saying how the direction of the ball changed and how the net would not do that, saying a 20 foot air ball would go out of bounds if it missed the rim and this one didn't, falling more on a straight down path in bounds. It wouldn't do that without grazing the rim. That was one take i heard today.

To be honest, i never saw the play. I was watching the Bruins as stated earlier when i said i turned back to the C's and couldn't believe they won. I said it was a bad call simply because after seeing this thread last night, i assumed it was. I would really like to see a replay on it though.

Comment

• I have also seemingly been on the right side of all these bad calls lately so i think the refs are doing a great job!

Comment

• if the ball hit the rim or not,i can't say,but i agree with wayne,van gundy could not coach my 5 year olds t-ball team !!
          DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

• Originally posted by WayneChung View Post
            if the ball hit the rim or not,i can't say,but i agree with wayne,van gundy could not coach my 5 year olds t-ball team !!
            plus the dude looks kinda like a pedo,anyway,we might see him on nbc's sexual predator show-LOL !!
            DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
              Orlando's last FG came with 5:37 left in the game. To me, that is really unbelieveable and BY FAR the bigger issue.
              I think what is more mind boggling, and I heard Golic mention it this morning, was that Howard touched the ball once in either the last 10 minutes or the whole Q4...and that one time was at the end, when you knew Boston was going to foul, and you didn't want him touching it!!!! ONCE!~

If that is true, that should be enough in itself to fire the coach!
              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

• Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
                I think what is more mind boggling, and I heard Golic mention it this morning, was that Howard touched the ball once in either the last 10 minutes or the whole Q4...and that one time was at the end, when you knew Boston was going to foul, and you didn't want him touching it!!!! ONCE!~

If that is true, that should be enough in itself to fire the coach!
                I heard that too. When you are lacking big men like Boston is, how do you not feed Howard the ball every time down the court in the 4th with a 14 point lead?

I know people are pissed at their loss and the refs or whatever but that anger should be in a thread talking about how badly the Magic choked and why (Stan van Ron Jeremy)!

Comment

• wayne - you should really see it

It wasnt even close !!!!!!!

the ball hit the very bottom of the net

Comment

• Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post
                    wayne - you should really see it

I don't doubt it for a second Dino but if i had Orlando and lost, there is no way in hell i would freak over one 2 second call. I would be fucken bullshit at the Magic for choking away a 14 then 10 point lead in the 4th. You can say it was a "Crucial" call at that time and all but i wouldn't have been pissed, because it never even should have come down to that. Listen to the Magic in that press conference. The biggest concerns they had was not with that one play, it was how they handled the whole 4th qtr. Just listen to Howard, he was pissed that they choked too.

No one game is ever decided on a play but a qtr, no doubt that can decide a game. That's just my opinion.

Comment

• They also just showed highlights of this game and i was waiting to see the highlight. They never showed it or talked about it. Not once. They had Howard and Van Gundy talking about their disagreement, they had the PTI guys talking about it too and nothing, nothing about that "Crucial" play. Everything was about the blown lead. Seems to me if it was that big or that bad a call, it would have been mentioned?

Comment

• Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post
                        wayne - you should really see it

Not even close?

Wow. One of us must be blind. I thought it hit the rim. I saw the ball change direction and go straight down after hitting the rim, Larry Onions relative heard it hit rim, the Orlando coach didn't argue at all that it hit rim, the Celtics player went nuts immediately after it hit rim and the no hit call was made by one ref and Wayne just eluded to the fact that an airball would go directly out of bounds and this did not....

I don't know how you can possibly say it wasn't even close?

KAZ
                        [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

• Who cares about the collapse?? I don't care if they didn't score for the last 25 minutes of the game, you can not blow a call like that. If you want to say it hit the rim, fine it hit the rim. If it didn't it didn't. But when you have the power to look at concrete evidence in slow motion of what happened, I don't understand why you wouldn't...... The no review is what pisses me off....
                          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

• Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                            Who cares about the collapse?? I don't care if they didn't score for the last 25 minutes of the game, you can not blow a call like that. If you want to say it hit the rim, fine it hit the rim. If it didn't it didn't. But when you have the power to look at concrete evidence in slow motion of what happened, I don't understand why you wouldn't...... The no review is what pisses me off....
                            I think that is a fair comment and agree...but do you think they didn't check because:
                            A) the refs are incompetant
                            B) Stern wants a 7 game series
                            C) the refs had the Celtics

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                              They also just showed highlights of this game and i was waiting to see the highlight. They never showed it or talked about it. Not once. They had Howard and Van Gundy talking about their disagreement, they had the PTI guys talking about it too and nothing, nothing about that "Crucial" play. Everything was about the blown lead. Seems to me if it was that big or that bad a call, it would have been mentioned?
                              I checked the Orlando Sentinel online today to get some story, a quote from the NBA, a ref, VanGundy...someone....not a thing in the paper. Just a small mention in the game recap. 6 other stories and not one of them on that play, in the town that may have gotten screwed.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
                                I think that is a fair comment and agree...but do you think they didn't check because:
                                A) the refs are incompetant
                                B) Stern wants a 7 game series
                                C) the refs had the Celtics
                                Don't involve in all this rogue dark knight, stern hates the nba, there is no fix crap. I want none of it. You guys argue for pages about the fix. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FIX. Review the fvcking call or tell me why you didn't, until then, the NBA can go fvk themselves. I laid 3 units on Orlando to win the series. And you can't screw around like that w/o an explanation.
                                "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Working...
                                X