Shame on you Green Bay!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wayne1218
    See, what pisses me off is that this is shit all being said by guys who know the rules and have played in this league, along with analysts and guys following the story who have researched the Union rules and you guys play it off as my "Opinion". It is your opinion that GB has handled this like an abortion. For evey commentator that agrees with you, there is one that does not. We agree to disagree on how GB has handled this. The fact is, no matter how much i side with Favre, it isn't an opinion. It is a fact. Roger Goodell works for and is paid by the owners and he is putting off reinstatement FOR G.B.'s sake I agree but I also think if re-instated and he shows up in GB, neither side looks good. Also, either Favre and the Packers are getting close to agreeing on a deal or the Pack is getting close to making a trade...I believe that Gooddell must be seeing progress somewhere to keep delaying this. not Brett Favre. He knows about the 24 hour window once he signs off and he is trying to wait until G.B. has a plan before he does it and makes them look really bad GB has mad eit clear...he is a #2 if he shows up...that sound slike a plan to me!. That again is not an opinion. It is the exact reason why he is waiting. He knows what mess will follow if G.B. isn't prepared for it It is going to be a mess for both sides, not just GB. ... Which they are not. They have the 3 options they had 2 weeks ago. Let him come to camp as a backup, trade him to a team he agrees to, or release him. Once again 3J, those 3 options are fact and not opinion. Find me one post where I debated that these were not options. It is understood and very clear, crystal in fact, that those are the choices, in addition to accepting the package on the table. I was wrong in an earlier post where i did not think he has a no trade clause. And while he doesn't technically have a no trade, he can refuse to report to any team that trades for him, it amounts to a no trade. It has been stated on t.v. 100 times by people who know more than you and me combined. Why you choose to argue or skirt those options is beyond me because it is what it is. Find me one issue or question or that I have 'skirted'. And understand I am not arguing or debating this issue. I am not debating his options, I am debating the way this has been handled by GB and trying to understand why some people think it is an outrage. I don't know why G.B. doesn't just trade him to a division team that wants him anyway. At the most he plays 2 more years and you can bleed another team that you are competing with dry of draft picks. Bleed a team dry? Ain't going to happen...not for a 37 or 38 yr old QB that is currently a back-up. You are not getting Brett Favre from 10 yrs ago. They will get to middle round choices, much like the Skins gave up for Taylor, imo If they are that scared, than have him come to camp as a backup. Read the article posted where they have already told his agent that if he comes to camp, that is what he is...a backup. If he refuses, THAN they have the right to suspend him and Favre is the one with egg on his face. Who gives a fuck if he plays for Minny anyway. The Red Sox knew Damon was leaving for the Yankees and that didn't stop them. [COLOR="red"]Wayne, you are an intelligent sports fan and to equate Bret Favre, who is under contract, to Johnny Damon, who was a FA, is not even remotely similar.[COLOR="red'] God damn, you play twice a year, just go out and beat his ass! Last time I checked, they are in the same division and a old Brett Favre is, imo, light years better than Tavaris Jackson. They have to compete with them over the course of 16 games, not two.
    Wayne, understand what I am trying to debate with you- the reason for the thread and then sunsepquent posts. First is the reason for the thread- it is your opinion, not fact, that the Packers are a bunch of pussies for offering the retirement deal. You are entitled to it and we disagree. But then you go on to say many, many times that GB is not allowing him to play which is not factual, the league has not approved him to return and he didn't even file paperwork until this past week, not two weeks ago (post #5, #95, #97, #103, #109, #111, #120), you state no company in america is allowed to keep someone from working elsewhere if they do not want him...that is not accurate if you have a contract with that company/team..they can let him out of the contract but they can stipulate where he can or cannot go. You compare the offer to being 'mob like' (post #22) when it happens in business every day, which you have agreed football is- a business, Post #34 you say 'It is a business and if G.B. doesn't want him, fine. NOBODY is saying he has to play there but if the Packers don't want him there, than they have to let him go somewhere else. It is that fucken simple in a country built on FREEDOM!'...you re-iterate this in post #86 and this is not accurate as GB has already told his agent he is a back-up when he is reinstated. In post #113 you state 'Right now, G.B. is doing something not allowed.'- what are they not allowed to do that they have been doing? Favre didn't file his paper work until this week. Until he is re-instated, they are not obligated to do anything. The league won't allow him in camp, not the Pack.

Why no outrage on Favre talking about returning to the Pack with McCarthy in June (after he retired once and thought about unretiring in late March) and at the same time telling the media he wanted his release? He played both sides and didn't think the Pack woul dhold to their guns...he lost.

If he gets reinstated and the Pack tell him not to show up, then that is BS. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

• Everything i said in my quoted post by you is everything i have to say about it to you 3J. I can go on and on forever or stick to that post with every reply. It is what it is and only the Packers can change that. If you don't know/think Goodell works FOR the Packers and not Favre, you are smoking some good stuff. Keep blaming the NFL all you want but if you can't see through a window, i can't help you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Three Jack
        But then you go on to say many, many times that GB is not allowing him to play which is not factual, the league has not approved him to return and he didn't even file paperwork until this past week, not two weeks ago

Jesus 3J, I know you are not a stupid guy and i'm sure you saw his interview with that Greta chick what, 3 weeks ago? Everyone (Including the Packers) knew he was coming back. He waited to file the paperwork because he was trying to work something out before doing so. Once he saw G.B. didn't want him to play and it was going nowhere, he made it "Official" and sent it in to give G.B. a nudge. Now Goodell has waited days and G.B. still has not resolved it and he said that he will probably have to push it through on Monday because it has been "Long Enough". Maybe now after the Packers have had time from Favre, Goodell and Favre again, they will finally be forced to make a move. I hope Favre rejects the bribe but i have a feeling he will take it just to end the whole charade.

Comment

Everything i said in my quoted post by you is everything i have to say about it to you 3J. I can go on and on forever or stick to that post with every reply. It is what it is and only the Packers can change that. If you don't know/think Goodell works FOR the Packers and not Favre, you are smoking some good stuff. Keep blaming the NFL all you want but if you can't see through a window, i can't help you.
          Talk about can't seeing thru a window. Wayne, do you see the BUSINESS side of the whole deal?

Favre signed a contract--con·tract Audio Help /n., adj., and usually for v. 15–17, 21, 22 ˈkɒntrækt; otherwise v. kənˈtrækt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[n., adj., and usually for v. 15–17, 21, 22 kon-trakt; otherwise v. kuhn-trakt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
          –noun 1. an agreement between two or more parties for the doing or not doing of something specified.
          2. an agreement enforceable by law.
          3. the written form of such an agreement.
          4. the division of law dealing with contracts.
          He signed this under no duress, but did so to ensure his financial stability and in his words "to be able to retire a Green Bay Packer".

Green Bay has the right under contract (see definition above) to do what they believe is best for the organization. Much like any successful business they have a management team that makes these decisions. I am sure the company you work for has a similiar structure.

As much as you can't see or want to believe, Sports is a BUSINESS. Maybe Thompson has been dragging this out, but I am sure the outcome will be the best possible solution for the organization. It may not be what is best for Favre, but remember, he is under contract and in this case is the disgruntled employee.
          You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilJr
            Talk about can't seeing thru a window. Wayne, do you see the BUSINESS side of the whole deal?

YES. Green Bay has a business decision to make, no doubt. Get your finger out of your ASS and do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilJr

As much as you can't see or want to believe, Sports is a BUSINESS. Maybe Thompson has been dragging this out, but I am sure the outcome will be the best possible solution for the organization. It may not be what is best for Favre, but remember, he is under contract and in this case is the disgruntled employee.

A couple of things Phil. First off, i've agreed ALL ALONG that it was a business. I'm not sure why we are still debating that and second, he is NOT a disgruntled employee Phil, he wants to GO TO WORK!

"Maybe" Thompson is dragging his feet? Maybe??

He's fucken scared to death of Favre playing!

Comment

• Also, any BOSS who begs an employee not to do something because "You could get me fired" ... IS A PUSSY!

I wouldn't want that pussy being the Captain of my ship. Buy a set of nuts Thompson and make what you think is the best decision of your available options and for the team. Stop being a pussy and crying to Favre about losing your job. He lost his and wants to move on, you take that chance pussy and make your decision!

Comment

• Breaking News .......

Favre is getting reinstated TODAY and plans on being there tonight!
                  Last edited by wayne1218; 08-03-2008, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• 'Bout Fucken Time!

Comment

• He could be on the bench tonight!

Comment

• Brett Favre plans to show up and be the backup this season. Disgruntled??? I think NOT. The man says he wants to be there in any role and work!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Scheduled to report to camp Monday at Noon. They are not sure if he will accept the deal or play yet.

Comment

• Brett Favre says "The Packers have been dishonest to the fans and media throughout all of this and they don't think i will call their bluff."

Don't take the deal Brett. FUCK 'EM!!!!!!!!

Comment

Brett Favre plans to show up and be the backup this season. Disgruntled??? I think NOT. The man says he wants to be there in any role and work!!!!!!!!!!
                              Backup? He should be starting. And if he does end up staying there he will eventually start.

Comment

• Originally posted by BettorsChat
                                Backup? He should be starting. And if he does end up staying there he will eventually start.
                                No doubt. I think he knows that too. He will sit back and wait. Makes no sense to me for the Packers to do that when they can dump the salary and get draft picks in a trade. I don't care how old he is. He had the highest Comp. % of his career last year, was a Pro Bowler, and had his highest Yards thrown for in a season in about 10 years. I guarantee if they push it and don't budge with a team like Minny, they will get a nice draft pick or two in return cuz Minny seems to REALLY want him.

Or ... they can't just keep him on the bench as a "Insurance" plan in case something happens to Rodgers.

Comment

Working...
                                X