Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FUCK the yankees....That's right, i said it!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhs4life
    go RAYS 1st place

THEY HAVE ALOT OF GREAT FANTASY BASEBALL PLAYERS HAVE ALWAYS ROOTED FOR THEM
    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Lmao
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

If the Yanks continue to struggle how long will Hank Steinbrenner stick with Joe Girardi?

Comment

Joe will be gone by the All Star break IMO

The yanks fucked up by not going after Santana & giving up Hughes, Kennedy. Ray Charles could have seen from last year that these 2 'young guns' were nothing special. They didnt get rid of Mussina & his blazing 41 MPH fastball.

Other teams arent amazed by their team anymore & going right at them. They do not strike fear like they did years ago ala Mike Tyson before Buster Douglas caved in his ear craving teeth.

You dont get wins for just showing up; you still have to play the game.
          He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol
            The yanks fucked up by not going after Santana & giving up Hughes, Kennedy.
            BINGO! And the bigger issue for Cashman and Girardi is that Hank wanted them to do the deal...now he is looking like the one who was right and it is going to cost Cashamn his job if they do not pull out of this.

But I don't agree with your statement that anyone could see they weren't special. Kennedy was very good last year and EVRY scouting department has these two and Joba as can't miss...more than just the NYY and the NY press....
            Last edited by Three Jack; 05-14-2008, 02:33 PM.
            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Doc imploding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

bump

Comment

Replacing Joe Torre with Girardi (or anyone with that matter) was just plain dumb;all things considered, I doubt anyone can name a better manager over the last 15 years.
                  Sure, the Yanks haven't won a WS in a while, alot of teams haven't, but the nice string of championship won in ther 90's was no fluke and Torre's managerial skills had something to do with it. I doubt if Girardi or for that matter anyone else had been at the helm for duration of Torre's tenacy in New york, they would have come close to the success he ahd.

Comment

Ill trade the Yanks for the Tigers....what a bunch of underahieving pussies the Tigers are

PEACE

Comment

Yanks suck
                      Questions, comments, complaints:
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                        Replacing Joe Torre with Girardi (or anyone with that matter) was just plain dumb;
                        I disagree! Previous to joining the Yanks Torre was a mediocre manager. ANYONE could have managed that Yanks team in the late 90s. The problem is the Yanks are an aging team. Jeter, the heart of that team, is almost 34. Rivera 38, Mussina 39, Pettitte 35, Posada 36, Giambi 37.

I doubt anyone can name a better manager over the last 15 years.
                        Tony LaRussa. When you consider what he had with the Cards and compare with the Yanks talent LaRussa is a better manager.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                          I disagree! Previous to joining the Yanks Torre was a mediocre manager. ANYONE could have managed that Yanks team in the late 90s. The problem is the Yanks are an aging team. Jeter, the heart of that team, is almost 34. Rivera 38, Mussina 39, Pettitte 35, Posada 36, Giambi 37.

Tony LaRussa. When you consider what he had with the Cards and compare with the Yanks talent LaRussa is a better manager.
                          I respect your opinion but still think Torre had a big role in blending those championship teams together, and that some less talented manager would not have obtained the same results.
                          I agree with the second part of the statement about Yankees againg, and to play devil's advocate, that is precisely the reason that dumping Torre in favor of Girardi was a mistake.
                          Obviously this could never but proved, but lets just say that if Girardi had been at the helm during those great years of the 90's for Yankees, I don't think they would not hvae obtained the same results.
                          Re: Larusa, I think he is a good manager and would rate him probably second to Torre, who I thinks gets the nod because of intangibles and gut baseball instinct.
                          ps Even though I am much more of an American League fan than National league, I still think St. Louis has always had very good talent relative to other teams in the League, and it is not like Larusa wasn't given anything to work with.
                          Last edited by savage1; 05-19-2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

it is not like Larusa wasn't given anything to work with.
                            Agreed! But with the Cards he's never had anything near the talent that Torre possessed. From 2001-2004 Torre still had a young team. He never won another WS.

IMO Torre is overrated as a manager. Prior to joining the Yanks he was an average manager. He was fired by the Cards in 1995 after 6 mediocre seasons. In 1996 LaRussa managed the Cards. They won the division and improved with 26 more wins over the previous season.

Comment

IMO Torre is overrated as a manager. Prior to joining the Yanks he was an average manager.
                              I believe Torre had a career losing record when Steinbrenner hired him. In fact, the NY media crucified this hiring as a result of Torre's track record!
                              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Agreed! But with the Cards he's never had anything near the talent that Torre possessed. From 2001-2004 Torre still had a young team. He never won another WS.

IMO Torre is overrated as a manager. Prior to joining the Yanks he was an average manager. He was fired by the Cards in 1995 after 6 mediocre seasons. In 1996 LaRussa managed the Cards. They won the division and improved with 26 more wins over the previous season.
                                Larussa also had some mediocre seasons also both before and after joining the Cardinals.
                                Also, I don't think that because Torre never accomplished anything prior to joining the Yankees, it can necessarily be assumed that all of the success in the 90's can be attributed to the players themselves;if that was the case, why did Yankees seek out a new manager in the first place?.
                                Managers like players can grow and learn with age.
                                Look at David Ortiz-the Twins gave up on him, and Red sox had the insight to pick him up-end of story.
                                To take another example, and this is one close to home:
                                I bitched and yelled plenty when Sox hired Francona because his previous team, the Phillies, did very poorly with him at the helm.
                                Ok-now granted Six had much more talent than the Phillies;however, in retrospect you have to give Francona a lot of credit for accomplishing something (winning two world series) which other managers in Boston with great talent had not been able to do in 86 years.
                                My point is that with managers as is the case with players, sometimes a new team is all that it takes to bring out latent talent.
                                Sure having good players is important in the success of a manager, but a manager is a lot more than a figurehead and is needed for team to achieve success.
                                Here is something else which is related to ponder( I am not a big horse racing expert and I know the analogy is far from perfect), but do you think it is possible that with another trainer and jockey Big Brown would have had the same success he has had up to now?-I say maybe but perhaps not, which is the same as I would say if someone else had managed the Yankees during Torre's tenure as manager of the Yankees.

Comment

Working...
                                X