No announcement yet.

Stocks I like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallstreet-I can see where Kerry could accentuate a move downward movement because of Cisco but without that I am not convinced market would tank bigtime because as stated all polls in last few days show Kerry winning and thus this is not unexpected news.
    I like your philosophy of buying some of the good stocks you mentioned on weakness.
    If market tanks, I am sure my stocks will get whacked also;asi es la vida.

Comment

Savage,

I am split on how I think the market goes..part of me wants some violent trading action with a bullish trend..meaning that I can buy on dips and sell on rallies..but the more I look at the hills that are coming up on the market, the more I see valuations on stocks and prices that were back to year 2001 levels, the more I think we may be in for a few months or longer of bearish action.

I noticed that some companies are already backing off Q1 numbers when discussing Q2, today it was F and CIEN etc and if companies cannot accelerate the next quarter, we are in for a really bad year. Also if the democrats gain control of the presidency that hurts, and the Fed looks like they want to be proactive in raising rates..another negative for the market. We may see the usual decent market into April, but this late spring and summer might be downright nasty...

That to me would mean trading rallies of 5-10% rather than 10-30%..so bull gains will be hard to come by and if the little trader gets spooked..well I could go on and on and on.. I just see more bearish reasons to be concerned lately than bullish...and CSCO today really didnt help.

That would be good for your gold stocks though..not really good for biotechs or the speculative ones we have been goofing around with..they are the first to go..

Comment

Wallstreet,

Good to talk to you again bud! Hope things have been going well. I have a couple possible breakout candidates I'd like your opinion on. I'm narrowing them down now and will have the "chosen few" in an hour or so.

Curious, are you heavy in any particular sector? I'm seeing some value in the telecom and semi-conductor market. I think the street was looking for a little higher earnings from Cisco than the reported .18....what do you think?

the Ham mer
        "You're only as good as the effort you put forth!!"

Sports-Plays.com

Comment

Here's a few that i have my trigger finger on...

Medical-generic Drugs group

IPXL
          PRGO

Medical-Genetics Group

CBMX....this one is not a Genentech, but the numbers are relatively similar and Genentech is trading at $96+.....could be good for a long term hold

DCGN....Up 426% over the last 12 months and has solid fundamentals

Medical-BioTech Group

QLTI

Elect-Semiconductor Group

IMOS....low price, decent fundamentals

ATYT

Comp. Tech Services Group

TTN.....3 yr. EPS rate of 122% and 3 yr. sales rate of 24%...I'd like to see that number higher. The chart looks strange and is testing the 50 DMA

Just a few low price bargains (diamonds in the rough??) that I am currently looking at. Looking at possible 1/2 position at DCGN and 1/4 position on a few others!!

The ham mer
          "You're only as good as the effort you put forth!!"

Sports-Plays.com

Comment

H ammer,

Good to talk with you as well, you are very knowledgeable and need to participate much more often!!

I think what did CSCO in was the wording they used for the tech spending recovery. They were very cautious and it shows in todays price. I was actually hoping for a big down open, where buys can be made and markets turn, but this doesnt look like that kind of open. I had my wallet ready, but now might have to wait for a while..

As for some on your list..funny, I had an order in yesterday on CBMX at 6.95, it swooned down to 7.07 and it seems to "phantom" trade, where it will drop real fast for a very short time, then rally 50 cents..which it did..so you have to get that order in and be there at the right time. I like CBMX and it is on my screen next to the Nano stocks (it isnt a pure nano, but has links)

I like telco and some biotech (how about ONXX..I owned this pup at 5 bucks back when I was covered calling stocks), many of my biotech little ones have done well this year..like ANIK. I dont have my nose in the biotech area as much as in the past, but I still watch closely.

I have watched but never owned ATYT or QLTI, and dont know a ton on DCGN.

We need you to give that semi knowledge and the biotech info too..I am much more slighted to telco and general tech..so when you bring those I am sure people appreciate it. Just like when Mr.Wallstreet brings bigger names and other people too.

I would really like to make this a day traders forum where we actively exchange ideas, but so far the interest just isnt there. If people would realize that daytrading and swing investing is more exciting and rewarding than sportsbetting, we would have a room full!!!

Comment

Savage,

Strange action on that IRBH, did you sell any at the 1.85? It is still looking good today.

I havent bought anything today, still looking around..

Comment

I sold 1000 shares at $1.60 as it started to head south. You are right-stock looks suspicious;sure hope this isn't the start of the dump phase.

Comment

Savage,

Great hit..good job taking some profits!

You see IVAN? Moved from 2.90 to 3.35 in less than 10 minutes..

crap!

I have an order in for MRV at 4 bucks, of course it hits 4.01 and nothing lower so far. Also looking at SONS. HLIT isnt low enough..hardly a drop after a 3 plus run.

This sell off is not good enough for me, I want some fear in the market and there isnt any. Most every stock has bounced from the lows..in order to be buying with confidence I need to see multiple intra-day lows..and it isnt happening.

JNPR actually up..what a stock that is!

Comment

Wallstreet-I agree. A couple of big 100+ point down day with many more stocks down than up would probably meet the requirements to buy.

Comment

Savage,

This is looking a little better..NAZ down 2%, getting near limit down and some air coming out of some stocks that needed it.

I am nibbling..lightly nibbling..I dont feel a big rush to jump in right here..if we get whacked to close today, and open down large..then it may be a tradeable entry of larger percentages.

Before today I was in 1 position..that was it..glad I didnt start chasing..

Comment

update..

Had wishful thinking orders in that didnt get triggered..

FIBR at 4
                        MRVC at 3.75

I think we get chances at lower prices, my orders were tiny for entry level purchases..plenty of time to make money in this market.

Comment

Wallstreet-In retrospect I should have sold a lot more than 1000 shares of irbh, as it tanked with general decline;oh well, as long as I am still ahead, its alright.

Comment

Savage,

I was watching that today and I was wondering about it.. with a spread like it has and the lack of volume that it has..in my very very very very humble opinion I think the stock is being manipulated to serve the benefit of a few. I looked over the details of this company as I mentioned before and to me it looks like they are hanging their hat on the lung inhaler..and I didnt see any other substantial product or hope mentioned. They arent even in clincal trials yet..and they have like 20 bucks in their pockets..so unless a big item comes over the horizon, meaning the financing or some sort of news about their product, I cannot see it staying afloat for very long. I would like to hear the MEAT behind the sizzle from your friend..what specifically makes him think it goes to 2 bucks..and it doesnt take much from the monster RS they did..hardly any shares out there..but I would like to hear somthing concrete to make you feel better about the investment.

Good thing is it dropped on 50k volume..that is nothing..

You see that MOTD?? Yikes...down to 50 cents on the low today..

Hang in there, I hope you get that monster run and that you can peel off a few shares for a huge profit!!!

I want a thunder drop tomorrow at the open..I dont see it, but the way we closed on the lows of the day was step 1 in our entry strategy...we need a monster open to the downside..none of this up 10 and then get crushed the rest of the day..or flat for the day..lets get this show on the road and smash the weak longs, get them scared..then we make money!!!!!

Comment

Wallstreet-is that motd something I should be looking at? I know nothing about it.
                              As you I will be watching the first hour of trading very carefully tomorrow;obviously ,please post your take as soon as you have one.
                              Thanks for advice and comments re: the market and ibrh.
                              Last edited by savage1; 02-04-2004, 11:50 PM.

Comment

savage,

Up late here and thought I would reply.

That MODT thing is somthing Mr.Wallstreet posted and was suggesting people buy. I didnt have a view on it, but the thing is tanking like a sucker..there is no bid or ask and it looks like a shell company..nothing there..a dumper in my mind..but I had it on my streamer and thought I would comment.

I dont think we get the good hard tank like we need tomorrow..I think we either open up or down slightly..then try to rally...then it will be interesting to see if the sellers/bears come in and try to crack the buyers..if we get that and the buyers try again to come back..well I dont like that kind of scenario. I would rather have the sellers come out hard in the morning..and the market go crazy lower..set some fear selling..then make a nice comeback..

I do fear that this could be the start of a lousy stretch and that we may have seen the highs for a few months..

Comment

Working...
                                X