No announcement yet.

Stocks I like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallstreet-I agree that stocks like irbh are dangerous over time-like betting on the Tigers regularly if you get my drift.
    He told me he is looking for $2, but if it goes above $1.50, I might sell some.
    He also told me he will send these picks privately, as he doesn't want to seem like a pumper and put them on the chatlines.
    For the record lady is my ex-wife(I really wish she was still married to me, but she thought I didn't spend enough time with her and that I spent too much gambling; she was probably right.
    We are on great terms though, and she has remarried.

Comment

wallstreet

wallstreet, been reading all of your post and everyone elses posts. Everyone keep up all the good work and thanks to wallstreet for all his insights and free information.

as I see things right now, the nas looks like it is trending down this week. I am more of a tech analysis trader and the macd 12,26,9 default and the stochastics are all trending down for the past few days now. I been following broadcom (BRCM) for a few years now and it mimics the nasdaq pretty good. For all those short players, brcm may be a nice swing trade as it the techs are also headed downwards. may be able to get a few points on this trade.

Another stock I an keeping an eye on is Aspen Tech (AZPN). I love the swings on this stock and missed out on the short about a few weeks ago. But i will catch it on the next rally

Also still in gold. I feel that gold is in the beggining of a bull market. The reason due to the down fall is the dollar pulling a weak rally and gold just went up to fast so a correction is taking place. I have postions in CBJ CDE CBJ WHT.. I feel that in a few years gold will be up.

Wallstreet, and everyone else love to hear your opinion.

Comment

Surpass,

Good post!

I use technical analysis in my decisions when I know the stock very very well and am range trading it. I am sure you know exactly what I mean by that. So when the stock gets overbought or oversold by RSI/Stochastics/MACD/WilliamsR then I feel more confident in entering/exiting. The problem that I have found using technical analysis is that these are backwards viewing indicators. What makes BRCM over 80 on a default stochastic? It could be a zillion things..it could be that the NAZ was at 15 on stochastics for a year and now is bouncing off the bottom and trending up, and since BRCM is a 3 beta stock, that it has rushed ahead and is already overbought while the QQQ's and the SOX still arent..or it could be that the stock hit all cylanders and has been racing over 80 for the last month. I remember in the 1999-2000 ish area that stocks would be overbought for months..and the drops in stochastics would be over very little but the movement off the sub 20 area would mean 20 points of action..you know what I mean. Technical indicators only work in a motionless market..where the market in general is range trading.

Look at this year chart on BRCM

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=BRCM...ss,m26-12-9&c=

Tell me how many times in the month of May that you would have been up sh!tcreek trying to say it was overbought? Almost 2 months of overbought. And in August you would have been waiting about two weeks for a good entry.

When I use stochastics and other indicators only, I have not fared too well, especially if my time frame is less than a year. Short term technical indicators fluctuate too often and are wrong too often. I use it when I feel I know the range of my stock(s).

But it is valuable information to use and learn as a part of charting and gaining experience with entries and exits.

I think this month is going to be range bound..barring some strange event like a terror problem or the fed rasing rates or some horrible or outstanding economic number..I think this is MY time and OUR time to make money, this entire month. When the market gets kicked for a few days, we step in and buy the good ones that are high beta stocks..the semis and the nanos and the telecoms..these are the ones I know. Also the bios and maybe the golds for those who know them.

As for gold..you know, I was never one that got into the gold hype..I have always struggled with the correlation of gold pricing and the movement it meant to the stocks..and more often than not, gold can go higher and it means nothing to the stocks..so since that quandry was out there, I never got interested in the sector..and that goes back to the late 90's too..I just never got into them.

Sorry that I dont have a feel for the group, I just cant put my finger on what makes them move and when they dont..

Keep it coming and you never know what people can learn from the good analysis!!!

Comment

IRBH has gone to $1.50 from my purchase price of $1.06.
          However, bid/ask is $1.25/$1.50;still I'll take it.
          I guess so far my man knew something about this one.

Comment

Savage,

You are right about that. And I hope it goes to 2 bucks plus for you, I didnt pull a trigger on it, I need more volume and a tighter spread than the current 30% of price spread (30 cents on a 1.50 stock)

BOL with it, careful that you keep those gains!!

Comment

Wallstreet-What does BOL mean?
              ps I may sell some VERY soon.

Comment

Savage,

No prob..

BOL= Best of Luck!

If it were my shares and I had 50% in the bag, I might put it out there higher in the hopes someone throws in a market order in and you get hit.. (for maybe 30% of the total shares I had)

But then again, I always sell early.

For a real kick in the a$$ pull up a year chart on TASRW (Taser Warrants) went from a buck to 135..holy hell..a 10,000 percent winner in one year..buy 10,000 shares and retire..damn!!!

edit) I am looking at CHTR, back down to 4.50, I would like to get it in the low 4's and will post if I purchase. Also looking at CBMX for a trade..
                Last edited by wallstreet; 02-03-2004, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Wallstreet-its funny. I live on internet and somehow the term BOL alluded me.
                  My man just told me number of shares are shrinking and to hold on for a while.
                  I still may sell 1000-2000 shares pretty soon if it goes higher or levels off.;don't want to get too greedy.

Comment

Savage,

Tell me about your guy? Is he a broker, a sales guy for little OB stocks like this or what?

I dont see how shares would be shrinking with such light volume as this.

I just cant see past that 20 for 1 reverse split in July, and the fact that the company did a complete 180 on the business model in July from a Network company to a biotech company.

I guess if they get approval for phase II on this puffer device on this lung treatment the stock could go up, but I dont even see that they are in initial trials yet..

Smells like a pump and dump to me..with the change in biz takes a long time to develop and these efforts usually mean the company is doing all they can to stay afloat..

Maybe the guy you know has the scoop on the investment banker that they are getting funding soon or somthing..

Looks like a mess to me..but you are up and I hope it goes even higher!!!

Comment

wall street what do u think of this stock
                      http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ATDb.TO&d=t

and what do u know about asx. canbet limited the off shore sports book its like 2 cents a share is it worth taking a shot

Comment

Wallstreet-He and I were both on the iatv chatline(ragingbull) a while back;that is the one I had a big profit on and let ig get away(stock went from $4 to $50 and then under $1).
                        He is not a broker and believe he is into real estate;he obviously has contacts and seems to know what is going on.;that is about all I know and/or can say without offering what may or not be valid opinions.
                        ps thanks for the congrats. and I sure hope your picks hit at the rate claimed by Jack Price anyways. :D
                        Last edited by savage1; 02-03-2004, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Cruiser,

If you are in the US here are the equivilents of that stock:

Alimentation Class A- ANCTF.pk
                          Alimentation Class B- ANCUF.pk

Speaking purely on a charting basis, it looks like it had a 50% run since the first of last year, and it looks toppy. Draw the lines of the lows since they have been higher, go back to Oct, and that will give you a trendline. If it breaks that trendline, it will be negative. If it drops too much from here, the next stop will be the gap up in late Sept from 17 to 20. (Toronto prices here). As for an upper limit, it has to break out over the highs of 24.50 to go much higher. As for me, it had such a run and I wouldnt start a position here. If I had a position, I would guard it and not let it go lower than 20 and change.

Canbet is CBETF.PK- and I would steer clear of this stock..I would never own it..sorry to be negative, but I wouldnt go near this stock unless I had some sharp inside info.

GL

Comment

Stock to keep an eye on...

CIEN pre-released that they will miss numbers..getting whacked quite nicely..if she gets to the low 5's in the next few days, I will enter a positon looking for a 20% return.

CSCO getting kicked tonight too, looks like tomorrow will be a bit rough overall. And if Kerry sweeps tonite I think we are totally in for a beating..a bad beating..

Comment

Wallstreet-aside from anything else, why is it a big deal if Kerry sweeps rather than say winning jusrt 5 states?
                              Everyone expects him to get nomination anyones;thus no surprise if he wins 5, 6 or even all of the states.
                              Election is not until Nov. and a lot can happen.

Comment

Savage,

The market loves Bush, Kerry would not be good for the market..he has the vote of Spitzer who loves to go after the market..which he should. I think if Kerry wins big tonite, the campaign is pretty much locked up for him. He walks into the Democratic nomination with a big win tonite. And the market will not like the uncertainty of a strong and rough vote. I saw a poll today that said a Bush/Kerry race favors Kerry right now. Kerry is a strong candidate and has deep pockets..I think Kerry could win..which is bad for the market.

The market is going to react strongly even if it is wrong initially..and that will be to the downside.

Add that if CSCO does not guide higher, and it doesnt look good so far, it is down a buck in after hourse..we may get really beat up tomorrow morning.

This to me means I will be buying winners who will bounce back strong when the market turns..so in the network area, NT has been a great performer..JNPR for bigger accounts (it is expensive), HLIT has been bullet proof, WRLS the same way. JDSU would be a great buy on a blood day tomorrow, I will add to my NGEN if we get a beating tomrrow, SONS in the 7's would be a nice 20% turn, MRVC below 4, I would have to buy. Same with FIBR.

There are stocks that will bounce back better, and if we are lock down tomorrow AM I will be buying early, before 10 ish EST..but we shall see. I am only talking about what the market is telling me right now..

:D

Comment

Working...
                                X