Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the NBA the most boring league ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by live jive
    nhl is playin this year??
    Read this post that DBURGH posted...its the truest thing I have ever read about the sport of hockey:

Originally posted by DBURGH
    Don't get me wrong, my favorite sport is football, but how can anyone call themselves a serious sports fan and not love Hockey? Get behind one team for a playoff run and you will be hard pressed to find a sport more exciting and end to end with action. Every rush up the ice raises the blood pressure as you know that it could be a goal that makes the difference in the game. Add to that, incredible skill( eye hand coordination and skating) combined with amazing hits and fights, not to mention the toughest athletes on Earth. I have seen players take multiple stiches or even broken jaws and then come back to play the next shift or period. Maybe I am biased because i live in the North, but Hockey does deserve some Love.
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
      LMAO...you dont even have NHL in here...the most skilled and physically tough all around athletes of any of these...blood, grit, and battle war for april and may throughout the playoffs....fuckin hillarious...why dont you add ballereena dancing to your list....

Are you kidding me??? You're joking right?? That has to be the crappiest sport ever! The only "good" thing about the NHL is the totals betting. Lets not get carried away. The NHL will not lost much longer here in the US imo.
      Good,Honest Handicapping. Florida Tebow 24-Oklahoma Bradford 14, Jan 09'

Comment

Dr Winn does not honor his word when he said he would give a week free of picks. He gave out two days and is no where to be found.

Comment

Dr. Winn,

If i see 1 more thread posted by you in the "All Sports" discussion forum, you will be banned.

Comment

Cry me a river Dr. Winn...you've probably never even been to a game
            Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Dr Winn does not honor his word when he said he would give a week free of picks. He gave out two days and is no where to be found.

---The service is finished......I am taking a break, and when I come back I won't run a service as it is too time consuming....

Wayne, no problem bro sorry about that

And the last post is laughable...I have been to many games and EVEN if I hadn't, what if its because I couldn't afford it? Ignorant comment from you but anyways GL to the rest of ya

Comment

If your service is 100% extinct, you can post in all sports. If it is not, please stay in the service forum.

Thanks

Comment

The service is done....i will post a play here n there in the all sports when i have the time...

gl

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Winn

---The service is finished......I am taking a break, and when I come back I won't run a service as it is too time consuming....

Wayne, no problem bro sorry about that

And the last post is laughable...I have been to many games and EVEN if I hadn't, what if its because I couldn't afford it? Ignorant comment from you but anyways GL to the rest of ya
                    I could care less if you could or couldn't afford it...not to mention any person who is a gambler could take some of that money and put it toward a 20 dollar upper level ticket. The NBA is at its highest level of competition this year and there is no other Pro sport with a playoff race like the one in the West for quite some time. If you think it's boring why watch it in the first place? These players are competing at an amazing level. Bron is dropping 50 in the Garden, Houston has won 18 straight, the Warriors are hangin 134 on teams, the Boston 3 party is killing the league, Iverson and Melo aren't even in the top 8, this league is amazing right now.

People only take shots at things worth taking shots at, ie. you taking a shot at the NBA

If you're a die hard hoops fan and you call this years NBA a lousy product, you will never be happy.
                    Last edited by ELJUGO; 03-09-2008, 04:53 PM.
                    Great Day To Win

GOY (4-1)

Comment

eljugo, you misunderstood my point........leaving our differences aside, I do agree with what you said in that the storylines are great but I was talking about actual gameplay.

This isn't EVERY game, for example SUNS/SPURS are playing a solid one now, but how many games are there where it looks like no one gives a ***** either way until the 4th quarter. That is what I was referring to...

I am EXCITED for the playoffs, I think LEBRON will carry the cavs to the finals again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Winn
                        but how many games are there where it looks like no one gives a ***** either way until the 4th quarter.
                        Dr. there is no point...no NBA fans will ever admit the reality of this....they pretend they dont notice it or enjoy it this way I dont know....
                        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

here we go again.

if you don't like it, don't watch it or start threads about it.

i used to love the nhl, but absolutely hate it now. its a fucking joke, 90% of sports fans couldn't name one guy on over half of the teams, they've taken away all of the physical play, AND YOU GET A FUKING POINT FOR LOSING!!!!!!!! and guess what, you don't see me with any threads about it, BECAUSE I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS CRAP LEAGUE.

so if you don't like the nba, guess what, who cares. go watch VERSUS (if you can find it on your cable stystem ).

hockey is a great game. too bad the NHL isn't. i'll start watching in the playoffs.
                          Last edited by molta02; 03-09-2008, 07:35 PM.

Comment

also, everyone says the players don't care and that they don't give any effort, but these types of comments are all based on stereotypes of the league and really have no merit or validation.

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
                              here we go again.

if you don't like it, don't watch it or start threads about it.

i used to love the nhl, but absolutely hate it now. its a fucking joke, 90% of sports fans couldn't name one guy on over half of the teams, they've taken away all of the physical play, AND YOU GET A FUKING POINT FOR LOSING!!!!!!!! and guess what, you don't see me with any threads about it, BECAUSE I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS CRAP LEAGUE.

so if you don't like the nba, guess what, who cares. go watch VERSUS.

hockey is a great game. too bad the NHL isn't. i'll start watching in the playoffs.

Ditto. I havn't watched a hockey game all year. I'll catch a few minutes in the playoffs and that is about it. Crowds, games, all boring really. I used to love the NHL when ESPN covered it and shit but not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                                Dr. there is no point...no NBA fans will ever admit the reality of this....they pretend they dont notice it or enjoy it this way I dont know....
                                Tell me my team isn't trying when they come out and drop 70 points in the first half! Have you ever watched monta ellis play basketball? KG? Lebron? These dudes ball from start to finish, you're the one pretending not to notice, check the numbers.
                                Great Day To Win

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Working...
                                X