NHL Fantasy League 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vols fan
    3 days away from Talladega and my boy is in here talking fantasy hockey Next thing you know you will be on line looking for a #18 hockey jersey

Comment

• Originally posted by Chado1
      yea
      He's a free agent.

Comment

• Who got Wayne Gretzsky?

Comment

• When does the league actually start?? How do I set my lineup, I am i bit confused when i view my team as how to start a specific plyer,i.e. goalie??

Comment

• hey CML3 you have mail, i just sent it through the yahoo sports league e-mail, we have a problem brother, i really hope you can help.

Comment

• Meg is getting her ass kicked

Comment

• Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                Meg is getting her ass kicked

actually KB the "problem" involves her getting kicked a little more because i actually won a category that they have tied. it'
                s clear as day i had 12 goals going into last night and scored 1

meg had 8 goals and scored 4 and i see tied 12-12, if i had 12 going into the day and scored 1 isn't 12+1 = 13. that's what i learned in school, did they teach me wrong

she's got good players they just aren't performing, and she's got IMO the best goalie in the league, not sure why she's doing so bad. all i know is i want credit for the category i won and they said it's a tie.

the 1 they didn't count came from colorado's paul stastny on nov 12 vs the vancouver canucks 1;28 seconds into the 3rd period. I know your just messing around KB but if you look at every box score it says stastny, and then look at stastny on my team it says 0 goals. maybe meg is behind the scenes LOL no seriously how the can the yahoo sports fantasy league not count a goal that is scored as a goal on yahoo sports box scores, and every other box score. now i'm going to check my fantasy stats every night.

THAT"S WHY THEY WANT YOU TO BUY THAT EXTRA STAT TRACKER, now i get it, i guess i'll be adding and subtracting every night, i don't need to pay for a stat tracker unless it gives me extra points, or takes points away from someone else. LOL

I just checked cbs recap of the game and the headline of the recap reads "Stastny ends luongo's shutout streak, Avalanche win in shootout." That 1 point puts me in 1st place KB that's why i'm going on about, that's a BIG point.
                Last edited by MR Pain; 11-17-2008, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• I hear you pain! I had no idea what you were talking about, but that is a huge point indeed! Good luck on getting it resolved

Comment

• This is straight BS ! so let me get this straight i'm in a pay fantasy league with a manager or owner or comissioner, whatever he wants to be called. But the owner/manager/commissioner is telling me they basically have no power, telling me i have to e-mail yahoosports in order to get my situation resolved.

If i was in a public league that i didn't put $$$ up for then i could see how i would only get it resolved by e-mailing yahoo. But i paid $$$ to a certain person who said they were running the fantasy league. Well IMO if your in charge and your holding everyone's $$$ then you should be able to do something about it.

even in the stats column if you can't get into yahoo i understand, but if you are in charge of the league you should check and at least see if i have a legitimate arguement, and if i'm right which i am, why can't you just e-mail everyone in the league stating what happened and what my REAL record is, it's only a difference of 1 point.

so you can't just look for yourself, see with your own eyes and see that stastny scored, and just say yea so he's 1 more point ahead than yahoo says. PLEASE answer this question, what if i'm tied for first or i lose first by 1 point what happens, ???? nothing...........that's just the way it goes............what ???? That 1 point that i deserve would put me clear in first place, i'll say it again, it's a big point.

if you send me an e-mail basically saying you can't do anything about it then you shouldn't be in charge of the league. so your not in charge yahoo is i guess ???? then what is the difference between a manager or commissioner or regular player ???

Comment

• hey dude,

easy does it. im in charge of the league because nobody else wanted to start an NHL league here and I thought it would be fun and very simple at $25 each. However, as far as statistical errors, I cannot edit your stats. I don't even have access to it. You have to e-mail yahoo sports and let them know they made the error. If it is a true error then im sure yahoo has been sent an email from not just you but a bunch of diff people with the same problem. it's not that I don't want to help you but it's out of my hands. Im not trying to be a douchebag but that's the way it is. If Yahoo agree's that they made an error they fix the problem and we go on and live our lives. Enjoy. Having fun guys with this league btw, I started out the gate with broken legs LOL, im finally catching up to some of ya'll. It's ON!

Originally posted by MR Pain View Post
                      This is straight BS ! so let me get this straight i'm in a pay fantasy league with a manager or owner or comissioner, whatever he wants to be called. But the owner/manager/commissioner is telling me they basically have no power, telling me i have to e-mail yahoosports in order to get my situation resolved.

If i was in a public league that i didn't put $$$ up for then i could see how i would only get it resolved by e-mailing yahoo. But i paid $$$ to a certain person who said they were running the fantasy league. Well IMO if your in charge and your holding everyone's $$$ then you should be able to do something about it.

even in the stats column if you can't get into yahoo i understand, but if you are in charge of the league you should check and at least see if i have a legitimate arguement, and if i'm right which i am, why can't you just e-mail everyone in the league stating what happened and what my REAL record is, it's only a difference of 1 point.

so you can't just look for yourself, see with your own eyes and see that stastny scored, and just say yea so he's 1 more point ahead than yahoo says. PLEASE answer this question, what if i'm tied for first or i lose first by 1 point what happens, ???? nothing...........that's just the way it goes............what ???? That 1 point that i deserve would put me clear in first place, i'll say it again, it's a big point.

if you send me an e-mail basically saying you can't do anything about it then you shouldn't be in charge of the league. so your not in charge yahoo is i guess ???? then what is the difference between a manager or commissioner or regular player ???
                      Proud Member on Bettorschat.com since March 10, 2006

Overall since 9/1/09- 39-30-1 +1.14 units ($114.40)
                      1 unit=$100.00

Updated through Nov 18th 2009 @ 1:09AM est

Comment

• CML,
                        Nice job getting this going initially. No one else made an effort to do this so thanks again!!

Comment

• a month later ??????

Originally posted by ChangingMyLuck3 View Post
                          hey dude,

easy does it. im in charge of the league because nobody else wanted to start an NHL league here and I thought it would be fun and very simple at $25 each. However, as far as statistical errors, I cannot edit your stats. I don't even have access to it. You have to e-mail yahoo sports and let them know they made the error. If it is a true error then im sure yahoo has been sent an email from not just you but a bunch of diff people with the same problem. it's not that I don't want to help you but it's out of my hands. Im not trying to be a douchebag but that's the way it is. If Yahoo agree's that they made an error they fix the problem and we go on and live our lives. Enjoy. Having fun guys with this league btw, I started out the gate with broken legs LOL, im finally catching up to some of ya'll. It's ON!
                          First of all i had this problem on NOV 17 it's DEC 19 and now your are replying with easy does it. it was your idea to start a league, you didn't have to because nobody else wanted to as you say. I don't know exactly how it works but it says clearly that the managers/commissioners of the league CAN edit any, and everything with the league. you can do everything, you can eliminate my whole team if you want.

I think THE RULES section HAS to be read by at least our manager because i know for a FACT that at least 1 other person has had a stat issue with this league and in his public league the cpu fixed the problem but in our league nothing was done about it. THE RULES CLEARLY STATE YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 3 STARTS A WEEK BETWEEN A GOALTENDING TANDEM. tandem means you have to start more than one goalie, and you have to have 3 starts. IF YOU DON"T HAVE 3 STARTS YOU AUTOMATICALLY FORFEIT ALL GOALTENDING CATEGORIES. This rule has been true and in effect for years as i have had it happen to me and against me in previous years. It is clearly stated in the rules.

I really wanted to have FUN as you say with this league too, but it's hard to have FUN when people don't get credit for what they deserve and especially when people GET credit for what they don't deserve. (whoever you are that has fluery and giguere as goaltenders, you need 3 starts per week or you SHOULD forfeit all goalie categories) But you know what, if the league wasn't picking up on it and nobody was doing anything about it, i would do it too.

I know for a fact you were sent an e-mail about this problem and you didn't even respond to the person. Between me and the other person 3 e-mails were sent to yahoo and they all said that the manager is responsible for setting the league regulations. Maybe you never set them ??????

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• I'm glad i'm not running this league!

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                                I'm glad i'm not running this league!

Comment

Working...
                                X