Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the Red Sox - Marlins Trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhedrick
    it is very difficult to judge this trade until we see how these two highly touted prospects turn out. Remember Larry Anderson for Jeff Bagwell Red Sox fans? Mike Lowell had a sub-par season in 2005 and any way you paint it Josh Beckett is a very nice addition.

I would love to see Manny and JDamon leave beantown but we'll see...

congrats to all sawx fans 2nite...
    How long will people bring up Larry Anderson? Big deal, they blew it. They have made 50 trades since than and these guys were not going to do anything but sit in the farm system. They signed Renteria for 4 years so Hanley Ramirez was being wasted. Sanchez is a good pitcher but the Better Pitching prospect is Lefty Lester in AA. I think he was named pitcher of the year in the Eastern League and he's a lefty.

Even if those players end up doing well it's a good trade. Their not getting an aging reliever here, their getting 2 All Star Players and a World Series MVP.

Comment

In spite of this trade, I will go on record as saying if Manny goes, the team doesn't make the playoffs.
      I hope someone can wave this post at me next October and say I didn't know what I was talking about;thats the way I see it now.

Comment

Originally posted by CHICAGODOG
        lowell overpriced bust !!!!!!Beckett Great!!!!!
        I agree he's over priced but if he gets numbers of 2 years ago in a hitter friendly park i'll take it. He's better than the 3rd baseman we have right now which is none!

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
          In spite of this trade, I will go on record as saying if Manny goes, the team doesn't make the playoffs.
          I hope someone can wave this post at me next October and say I didn't know what I was talking about;thats the way I see it now.
          How can you say that not knowing what they get in return? What if they got 2 big bats in return???

Comment

Wayne-thats my opinion. I know what Manny/Ortiz means/has meant-probably the best 1-2 combo in baseball, and it will be difficult to duplicate that chemistry.
            It is not a perfect analogy, but I am of the opinion at least as far as their offense is concerned, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
            As stated I hope I am 100% wrong.

Comment

i happen to think manny will be in a red sox uniform next year....i think mike lowell will love playing in that ban box..he is a .277 lifetime hitter avg.'s 25 hrs and 95 rbi's...i like bill mueller, but outside of this year i think lowell is an upgrade....he also won a gold glove...i as a sox fan am happy.....when they signed renteria the writing was on the wall fro ramirez

Comment

i happen to think manny will be in a red sox uniform next year....i think mike lowell will love playing in that ban box..he is a .277 lifetime hitter avg.'s 25 hrs and 95 rbi's...i like bill mueller, but outside of this year i think lowell is an upgrade....he also won a gold glove...i as a sox fan am happy.....when they signed renteria the writing was on the wall fro ramirez

Comment

I hope Manny is there Tony. I don't want him to go but i wouldn't be shocked either way. He did put his place in Boston up for sale though.

Comment

On the other hand and in the spirit of fair and honest reporting, I am wrong a lot.
                    I thought when they traded Nomar, it was the end of the world. lol

Comment

Manny to the mets!!!!!!Maybe ???????Florida dumping payroll......Been begging someone to take lowells salary!!!!Health will tell this story!!!!!!I take manny over of both of them in a heartbeat......
                      NFL RECORD 16-14-0 + 1UNITS

College Basketball 8-3-0 + 5 Units

College Football 6-6-1 -4 Units

NBA Basketball 11-12-0 -3 Units

NHL 1-1-0 + 0 Units

Comment

Originally posted by CHICAGODOG
                        Manny to the mets!!!!!!Maybe ???????Florida dumping payroll......Been begging someone to take lowells salary!!!!Health will tell this story!!!!!!I take manny over of both of them in a heartbeat......
                        I would too but we got them AND we still have Manny. Ramirez is not going to leave without us getting something nice in return, than you can add these 2 to that for Manny!

Comment

Very nice trade for you guys... If we were starting baseball right now the redsox would have to be the favorites to win it all.. The yankees can't make any moves.. Thier pitching will wound them again this year.

Starting 5

Johnson
                          Mussina
                          Wright
                          Wang
                          Chacon

nope..not gonna happen..

Giles to play centerfield?? Dude is 35 years old... c'mon!! i hope they get Aaron Rowand from Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
                            Very nice trade for you guys... If we were starting baseball right now the redsox would have to be the favorites to win it all.. The yankees can't make any moves.. Thier pitching will wound them again this year.

Starting 5

Johnson
                            Mussina
                            Wright
                            Wang
                            Chacon

nope..not gonna happen..

Giles to play centerfield?? Dude is 35 years old... c'mon!! i hope they get Aaron Rowand from Chicago
                            Where's Pavano???

Comment

Rumors are flying around Pavano wants to be traded... He was at a bar last friday about 5 minutes from my house... I should have went up there and talked to him about it... haha

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
                                Rumors are flying around Pavano wants to be traded... He was at a bar last friday about 5 minutes from my house... I should have went up there and talked to him about it... haha
                                Traded??? Shouldn't the fucken guy stick around and give them something for the money they paid?!?! What an asshole!

Comment

Working...
                                X