X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lsufan, any luck fixing your computer?
    RED LIGHT UP THAT CIGAR

Comment

Did you just upgrade to XP Pro? This may or may not help.

Stop 0x000000ED or UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
      The kernel mode I/O subsystem attempted to mount the boot volume and it failed. This error might also occur during an upgrade to Windows XP Professional on systems that use higher throughput ATA disks or controllers with incorrect cabling. In some cases, your system might appear to work normally after you restart.

Interpreting the Message
      This Stop message has two parameters:

Device object of the boot volume
      Status code from the filesystem on why it failed to mount the volume
      Resolving the Problem
      The following suggestions are specific to Stop 0xED errors. For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop errors, see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.

If using higher throughput ATA disks and controllers, those capable of data transfer rates above 33.3 megabytes per second, replace the standard 40-pin cable with an 80-pin cable. Using an 80-pin cable is optional for transfer rates up to and including 33.3 megabytes per second, but is mandatory for higher transfer rates. The additional grounded pins are required to avoid data loss.
      Some firmware enables you to force higher transfer rates even when you are using the incorrect cable type. Your firmware might issue a warning but allow the startup process to proceed. Restore the default firmware setting for ATA cable detection.
      Problems that cause 0xED errors might also cause Stop 0x7B errors. For more information about 0x7B Stop messages, see "Stop 0x0000007B or INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" earlier in this appendix.

For more information about Stop 0xED messages, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base link on the Web Resources page at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/reskits/webresources. Search using keywords winnt, 0x000000ED, and 0xED.

Source:
      http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_woft.asp
      Last edited by jcoor3; 04-29-2005, 10:28 PM.
      I don't play with real money only Fazools.

Comment

I am just now logging on to my laptop. I just re-installed Windows XP Professional. It is working like a charm!!

Thanks for all of your help guys.
        "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
        is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by illjaunt
          Lsufan, any luck dicking your computer?
          Shouldn't things like that stay private....
          havr you no dignity?!!!!
          Remember the three R's:
          Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

Originally posted by rwall
            Shouldn't things like that stay private....
            havr you no dignity?!!!!
            I have none. Not since I've been hanging around you guys over here.

BTW, did you get my e-mail?

Comment

LSUfan....you are a good guy....thanks for all your involvement here...very positive!!
              Everybody dies, but not everyone lives.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTicket
                LSUfan....you are a good guy....thanks for all your involvement here...very positive!!
                Thanks BT, I appreciate that buddy. You are a great guy as well, but I'm not too sure about that Rwall character. It's all about having fun over here, and making money while doing so!!!

Comment

Yes I got it. I will do one in a few days. I have been busy as "poop" here for the last few days. When things get back to normal, it's full steam ahead buddy.
                  Remember the three R's:
                  Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

Working...
                  X