Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does a speeding ticket cost where you live??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a speeding ticket cost where you live??

State of North Dakota is considering doubling the fine for speeding. The fine today is the same as it was in the 1960's.

In town it's $ 10 plus $1 for every MPH over 10 IE going 43 MPH in a 30 MPH zone would be $13. Interstate highway is $ 25 for the first 5 MPH over the speed limit and $2 for every MPH over that. IE Doing 84 in a 75 would cost $ 33.
    Kind of cheap here to speed.

Driving while intoxicated is $ 625.00 (not cheap)

No freaking wonder Eski's are so happy. They don't work, they golf all day, plus it costs more for Dimer to eat at Mickey D's than it does for a speeding ticket

Comment

0-10 over - $168
      11-20 over - $192
      20+ -$202

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
        No freaking wonder Eski's are so happy. They don't work, they golf all day, plus it costs more for Dimer to eat at Mickey D's than it does for a speeding ticket

Comment

0-10 over - $168
          11-20 over - $192
          20+ -$202

I'd be on food stamps if that was the case up here!!!

Comment

I would speed everyday if I paid what ToDaRomney paid for a ticket!!

Our fines are similar to Oklahoma's
            Questions, comments, complaints:
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaClub View Post

I'd be on food stamps like most of my rental property tenants if that was the case up here!!!

You're such a slumlord
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Comment

0-10 over - $125
                  11-20 over - $200
                  20+ ??????

Comment

I got my 1st ticket in about 15 years 3 months ago and it was 44 in a 35

9 over and it was about $150

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                      I got my 1st ticket in about 15 years 3 months ago and it was 44 in a 35

9 over and it was about $150
                      9 over?? That sucks. It has always been "take 10" here.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                        yeah, that's what everybody thinks here too but the State and towns are looking for money and that is an easy way to get it.

Every day they sit on turnpike overpasses in a unmarked car or van and bag people left & right. Two guys in a vehicle radar everybody and about 10 State cops sit hidden at the next on ramp past the bridge. They clock them going under the overpass and relay to the cop and as you drive by they pull out behind you. It happens every day at random overpasses. Luckily i'm on the pike every day and i look for it.

Comment

I got bagged 2 years ago while going through a toll booth with no seat belt on. A cop was standing behind the booth looking at people who go through. That was another $150 fine too. Both tickets were in a class 2 vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                            Pretty much the same here, I will go 9 over the posted limit, they have better things to do than give out a $ 10 or $30 ticket. There are much stiffer fines in school or road construction zones, those I pay close attention to.

I remember in the 80's and early 90's Montana had no speed limit during the daytime on Interstate 94. "Drive based on conditions." If they felt you were over driving the conditions, it was a $5 fine. You also could get only one speeding ticket a day. If you were stopped the second time, you showed your ticket and they let you go. Of course it takes almost a day to drive across that state

Comment

I got pulled over 42 in a 30 and it was 180 bucks about 6 months ago... That was BS... I was driving perfect... I've never been in a car crash in my life... So if you factor in my 100% driving record, I definitely shouldn't have got that ticket.

Comment

Working...
                              X