How many of you get a flu shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bryce View Post
    Never... Heard about to many people getting sick for days afterwards.
    I'll take my chances
    Double ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
      I get one every year, I get tired and run down for a day maybe 2 at the most.I have asthma so they always tell me to get the shot.

Stop crying about the few days you feel crappy and get the shot especially as u get older its better safe than sorry.

Comment

I never ever get sick and i always hear of people who get the shot and do. Hell, if i got the shot and got sick, that would be one more time being sick than i would have been without the shot!

I work outside for about 75% of my day and i wear shorts 365 days a year. Have not worn a pair of pants at work in probably 7 years now. That is no joke either. It has been 10 below zero and i have shorts on and it may be 15 degrees and i'm wearing them ........ and i never even get a cold, nevermind the flu. People call me fuckin crazy but i think i have truly built up a tolerance to it.

Comment

I get a Flute shot every night.

Signed,

KB
          NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
            I havent had one and don't plan on getting one.
            This is the correct choice, vaccines are a bunch of bullshit!

I got them a couple of years because of hype and my company gives them free, but after web research on vaccines I opted out 6 years ago and have been fine. I will never have any vaccine manufactered injected into my body again, i will let my own immune system do it's job.
            Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post

Stop crying about the few days you feel crappy and get the shot especially as u get older its better safe than sorry.
              Not crying but its been 8 days now for me Dr. Gizmo. So what's your theory now?

Comment

What is the flu shot?
                The flu shot is an inactivated vaccine (containing killed virus) that is given with a needle, usually in the arm. It contains three seasonal influenza viruses that are grown in eggs. The seasonal flu vaccine protects against three influenza viruses that research indicates will be most common during the upcoming season. The 2011-2012 flu vaccine will protect against an influenza A (H1N1) virus, an influenza A (H3N2) virus and an influenza B virus.

CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - Q & A: Seasonal Flu Shot

Don't get them as I don't want to get sick from it.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                  Not crying but its been 8 days now for me Dr. Gizmo. So what's your theory now?
                  Go back to the place that gave you a shot and cough on them.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                    Go back to the place that gave you a shot and cough on them.
                    With a 7 year old and a 2 year old I thought I was doing the right thing but it won't happen again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                      With a 7 year old and a 2 year old I thought I was doing the right thing but it won't happen again!!!
                      The only people who should get it vols is people with low immune systems or people who are sick all the time. They are the only ones with nothing to lose getting the shot. If you rarely get sick, don't bother!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                        The only people who should get it vols is people with low immune systems or people who are sick all the time. They are the only ones with nothing to lose getting the shot. If you rarely get sick, don't bother!
                        Wont happen again. Last year The flu was running crazy here in the south so I got the shot and never got anything. This year I figured I would be ahead of the game and get it a few months before flu season and it will never happen again. I'm on antibiotics and steroids to try to break up the congestion. Been a long 8 days so I can promise you I will never get one 2 years in a row.

Comment

Working...
                        X