How many of you get a flu shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you get a flu shot?

I never got them till I had kids but I got one last Wednesday and since then I have had a fever,ear infection,cold and bronchitis all in the last 8 days. I believe I'm taking my chances with the flu next year

I use to when my kids were home, but that's the only reason I did. I get a cold for 2 weeks once a year around February, other than that I never have any problems. I spose the rest home will make me get one next year though. (beat ya too it)

Comment

I get one. Seems I always feel a tad off for a day or two after. Beats the flu for sure though!

Comment

Never had one in my life... dont usually get sick maybe once every 2 years and can honestly say i dont think i have ever had the flu
        NFL System - Year 1
        Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
        Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
        Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
        Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
        Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
        Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
        Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
        Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
        Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
        Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
          I get one. Seems I always feel a tad off for a day or two after. Beats the flu for sure though!
          You can't go a day without a hang over, how do you know what to blame "being a tad off" on?

Comment

I got the flu shot 3 weeks ago and kinda felt sick for about a week.What it does is trick your body into thinking it has the flu when really all that was injected was a dead version of the flu.Bad thing is that its only designed to fight 3-4 strains of the flu when there are hundreds of strains.They take an educated guess wich ones they think are going to be most likely to come up in that particular flu season so hopefully they got it right.LOL. I think I read that they have gotten it right 10 out of the last 12 years.
            MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
            0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Bronchitis is actually bacterial so u would haveve probably gotten it any way.The flu shot can lower your immune system so that's probably what happened.How aareTue kids have they gotten it yet.Mine still has steep he is getting over it though.
              MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
              HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
              0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

When I got my first Flu,Pneumonia shot,I was dog sick for a week.That was 10 years ago and now I have"nt had anymore reactions when I get my yearly shots.

Comment

I never got one until about 10 years when I got the flu. I was sick as a freaking dog for 2 solid weeks. Didn't get out of bed for over a week. Now I get one every year. Usually feel a little rough for 12-24 hours and then I am fine. Sure beats having the flu.

Comment

Never... Heard about to many people getting sick for days afterwards.
                    I'll take my chances

Comment

Originally posted by bryce View Post
                      Never... Heard about to many people getting sick for days afterwards.
                      I'll take my chances
                      ditto

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                        ditto
                        I used to run a distribution center and we offered flu shots to all employees. The next week 3 were out sick for 3-5 days...

I don't believe in shots or pills or whatever so I opted out...

Comment

I havent had one and don't plan on getting one.
                          Questions, comments, complaints:
                          [email protected]

Comment

I get one every year, I get tired and run down for a day maybe 2 at the most.I have asthma so they always tell me to get the shot.

Stop crying about the few days you feel crappy and get the shot especially as u get older its better safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
                              I get one every year, I get tired and run down for a day maybe 2 at the most.I have asthma so they always tell me to get the shot.

Stop crying about the few days you feel crappy and get the shot especially as u get older its better safe than sorry.
                              Sound advice gizmo!

Comment

Working...
                              X