No announcement yet.

Sharpei or Chow Chow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have golden retreviors and they are the best, easy to train and more.

Comment

I had a shar pei pure bread growing up as a child. Best dog ever. He was great around other ppl but he did have eye problems. The dogs have so much extra skin often times there eye lids/eye lashes roll inward and into their eyes cause irritation. Our dog had surgery on both eye lids to pull back the skin and was fine after that. He lived to age 11. He was very smart. Didnt bark a ton but did growl often at ppl he didnt know.
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

They do look like nice dogs. My friend has one. The skin started getting ugly due to the warm weather they had.

Comment

i prefer pittbulls myself. they are very smart and just like anyother dog its all on how they are raised. i know the lady here that runs the animal shelter and because of lawsuits etc. they are not allowed to adopt out pitts but she told me her two personal family dogs are pitts and she wouldnt have any other breed. i got my two pits from our neighbor that is president of the indiana pit bull association and she has over 15 pits on her property at any one given time. she said in 15 years she has never had anyone bit or any child scared of them. in fact she says her grandchildren love coming over to play with the dogs. one of my pits is 7 years old ive had him since he was 8 weeks. his liter was seized in a drug raid the idiots that had them was keeping the parents locked in a bathroom etc. anyways he is the best pet ive ever had. hes so smart but really a big baby. he loves playing with cats which is unusual for alot of pits. they swat him he jumps bac and barks and trys to get them to play with him. the other day one of the cats swatted him all the way down the hall lol. so now before he goes in that room the mater bedroom he walks real slow and peeks in tere to make sure that cat isnt in there. its really cute to watch. he is protective over his house and family and all the other pets that our apart of our family. he knows spelled word as well if we talk me and my wife and say we are going to go for a car ride we spell it instead of saying it and he start barking ears perk up and he goes to the door and is rady. if i ask him if he wants to go for a walk i spell it out and he goes gets his leash and brings it to me. i am just running my mouth lol. to just say there are alot of good breeds out there and i hate how itts get bad reps when in fact they are very smart loving dogs that make good pets if they have human owners and not animals as owners yea mike vick your a animal.sorry guys its late and the xanax bar is kicked in. i hope you find a good family dog because they are just like family members and the accept you no matter if your rich, poor. or whatever is going on in your life. good luck
          Last edited by GREEKSTAKINOVER; 11-25-2010, 01:35 AM. Reason: tired misspellings xanax related lol

Comment

Originally posted by BattersUp! View Post
            I'm planning to get a dog soon. I like both dogs based on how cute they look but are they good dogs?
            If you are looking for a good dog thats not aggressive and who will turn heads (not the purple ones JC) when you are walking them consider a Great Pyrenees. My sister has one and he is very gentle. The only drawback with them is they tend to drool.If you have alot of room they are a great dog as they when fully grown up can weigh from 140 to 175 pounds

Comment

Working...
            X