Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago has become the wild wild west !! Spark.. Duck !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Spark View Post
      Spark were those the numbers for last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel View Post
        Spark were those the numbers for last year?
        Yes, 2012 ...

Comment

• Call 911 And Die In Chicago, the police aren’t coming
          Feb 8th 2013

It’s being reported that the Chicago Police Department won’t be answering calls regarding stolen property or home invasions.

If your car has been stolen or your home has been broken into, don’t bother dialing 911. You’ll have better luck calling the Ghostbusters. The Chicago Police Department has better things to do than to troop down to your home, look over the damage and tell you there’s no way you’re getting any of it back.

You’re not living in Seattle or Fargo. You’re living in Chicago. Hometown of Barack Obama. Crime is everywhere. The pile of corpses you walk over to get to your job as a union organizer at the Chicago Department of Fraud and Civil Rights is part of the appeal of living in a city with high art, culture and calibers.

Just strap yourself in and wait for the announcement that the State of Illinois has decided to wall off Chicago and use it as a giant open air prison.

Starting this week, Chicago police are changing their responses to 911 calls. They’ll no longer come right away to reports of things like criminal damage to property, vehicle thefts, garage burglaries, or other crimes in which the suspect is no longer on the scene, and the victim isn’t in immediate danger.

On the block where burglars broke into a home on Christmas Day, Carmen Curio has a strong opinion on the city’s new 911 response plan.

“I think that’s ridiculous. I think if there’s a burglary, they’ve got to come. It’s what we pay for. They have to come,” she said.

No, no.

You pay taxes so that Rahm Emanuel and the Chicago Teachers Union don’t pick up gas cans and begin starting random fires until you pay up.

Police Supt. Garry McCarthy insisted crime prevention “in the future” happens when officers are on patrol, not tied up taking reports at the scene of non-violent incidents.

“I don’t mean to be flippant here, because I’ve been the victim of a burglary at least three or four times,” he said. “I’d rather have the officer on street, where he can prevent the shooting.”

Wait. The Police Superintendent has been burgled three or four times? Is Chicago the new Detroit?

Police said officers will always take information about crimes at district stations, or over the phone – even if officers don’t respond in person.

Maybe it’s time for Chicago to consider the solution that Detroit turned down.
          So much for “Gun-Free Zones”
          These people are already disarmed thanks to idiotic anti-gun policies – and now they don’t even have police protection!
          No wonder crime is rampant in Chicago!

But you see, the police are NEVER obligated to come to your house if you call them!

It’s not just that the police cannot protect you. They don’t even have to come when you call. In most states the government and police owe no legal duty to protect individual citizens from criminal attack. The District of Columbia’s highest court spelled out plainly the “fundamental principle that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen.”

In the especially gruesome landmark case the “no-duty” rule got ugly. Just before dawn on March 16, 1975, two men broke down the back door of a three-story home in Washington, D.C., shared by three women and a child. On the second floor one woman was sexually attacked. Her housemates on the third floor heard her screams and called the police.

The women’s first call to D.C. police got assigned a low priority, so the responding officers arrived at the house, got no answer to their knocks on the door, did a quick check around, and left. When the women frantically called the police a second time, the dispatcher promised help would come—but no officers were even dispatched.

The attackers kidnapped, robbed, raped, and beat all three women over 14 hours. When these women later sued the city and its police for negligently failing to protect them or even to answer their second call, the court held that government had no duty to respond to their call or to protect them. Case dismissed.

The law is similar in most states. A Kansas statute precludes citizens from suing the government or the police for negligently failing to enforce the law or for failing to provide police or fire protection. A California law states that “neither a public entity nor a public employee is liable for failure to establish a police department or otherwise provide police protection service.” As one California appellate court wrote, “police officers have no affirmative statutory duty to do anything.”

The state legislatures and courts protect government entities and police departments from civil liability for failing to provide adequate police protection. Some states invoke the “sovereign immunity” defense, a throwback to the days when the subjects were forbidden to sue the king. Other states have statutes that prevent legal challenges to police “discretionary” functions. Courts preclude lawsuits in those states by holding that answering emergency calls or providing police protection are “discretionary” functions.

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/cal...-coming-28653/
          Last edited by Spark; 02-11-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Chicago Police Want 12% Raise
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days after the Chicago Police Department announced it will no longer respond to 911 calls for criminal damage to property, vehicle thefts, garage burglaries, or other crimes in which the suspect is no longer on the scene, the Fraternal Order of Police (Chicago police union) is demanding a 12 percent raise.

In addition to the 12 percent increase over the next two years, the union is also seeking a $3,000 annual stipend for being required to live within the city, pay less for health insurance, and reach the top pay scale of $86,000 a year after 20 years rather than 25.

In light of cutting 911 responses, Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said crime prevention “in the future” happens when officers are on patrol, not tied up taking reports at the scene of non-violent incidents. "I’m making a tough decision, but I’d rather have that officer on the street, doing something to prevent the next shooting than – honestly – making somebody feel better, because they’re responding rather than talking to them over the phone."

The city is already off to a bloodier start than last year's record 500-plus homicides, and the department on average only solves 34% of these crimes within 12 months.

Comment

• Guys I am telling you. If you are planning to visit Chicago please be very careful. The violence is spreading throughout the city. This happened at 6:30 in the evening in downtown Chicago.

More than two dozen teens were arrested Saturday night after dozens of groups began randomly attacking pedestrians on Chicago's Magnificent Mile.
              Police responded to reports of disturbances around 6:30 p.m. Saturday near Michigan and Chicago avenues. They said a number of teens took to the streets and started fighting.
              Police said 28 teens were arrested during the incident and charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and battery and later released, according to Police News Affairs. Eleven other teens were charged with misdemeanor charges after they allegedly attacked a group of women on the CTA Red Line, police said.
              “You have over three to four hundred teenagers with mob action, jumping on individuals that are downtown,” community activist Andrew Holmes said. “Multiple people have been arrested and I caution those parents that get this call about your child being arrested--maybe you need to check your child.”
              Officers began breaking up the attacks by ushering teens to the Red Line. Chaos continued underground but many attackers reportedly left the area.
              “I just saw a cluster run down to the Red Line,” CTA passenger Amanda Dobson said. “I didn't know what was going on. I just kind of stepped back and let the police do what they needed to do.”
              Police continued to patrol the area on bikes, horses and on foot as smaller groups wandered around the Loop.
              It is not clear if the attacks are related to a similar mobbing of Ford City **** last month.
              Residents were concerned that this could be the first in a long line of attacks after warm weather brought on a string of similar instances last year.
              "It's been happening a lot around here," said Eric Baldinger, who works along the Mag Mile. "Just keep your wallet close and your purse closer."
              Others said the attacks were disappointing and feared for the future of the city.
              "I think it’s very childish," resident Angelica Wilson said. "That’s what wrong with the generation today because there’s always petty fights going on down here and everybody getting hurt. We don’t need more problems."

Source: 28 Arrested In Weekend Mag Mile Mob Violence | NBC Chicago
              Last edited by Spark; 04-01-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• The coach had put together the perfect team for the Chicago Bears. The only thing that was missing was a good quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges and even the Canadian and European Leagues, but he couldn't
                find a ringer who could ensure a Super Bowl win.

Then one night while watching CNN he saw a war-zone scene in the West Bank. In one corner of the background, he spotted a young Israeli soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand-grenade straight into a 15th story window 100 yards away.

KABOOM!

He threw another hand-grenade 75 yards away, right into a chimney.

KA-BLOOEY!

Then he threw another at a passing car going 90 mph.

BULLS-EYE!

"I've got to get this guy!" Coach said to himself. "He has the perfect
                Arm!"

So, he brings him to the States and teaches him the great game of football. And the Bears go on to win the Super Bowl.

The young man is hailed as the great hero of football, and when the coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants is to call his Mother.

"Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!"

"I don't want to talk to you,” the old woman says." You are not my son!"

"I don't think you understand, Mother," the young man pleads. "I've won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans."

"No! Let me tell you!" his mother retorts. "At this very moment, there are
                gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!"

The old lady pauses, and then tearfully says, "I will never forgive you for making us move to Chicago!!!!

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Working...
                X