Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago has become the wild wild west !! Spark.. Duck !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
    #18 athens ga
    wow wonder what the rank was before mark richt came
    AND DONT FORGET THUGA
    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post
      THIS WAS ABOUT A MONTH AGO OR SO

41 SHOT IN 50 HOURS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what I was talking about earlier Dino ... Good find ...

You do have to feel sorry for the good people that live in those areas ...has to be awful ...

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        I guess i know now why nobody believed me on here when i tried convincing them that i was black a few years ago!

"Why do you think I always call everyone brother" BWAHAHAHAHAH

Comment

Originally posted by Stern162 View Post
          That is exactly my point Wayne. Why don't you have gangs?

Simple, Take a good look at that section.
          .................................................. .....
          White persons, percent, 2008 (a) 96.4

Black persons, percent, 2008 (a) 1%

Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin, percent, 2008 (b) 1.3%
          I didn't want to mention that because i figured i would be called a racist or something but i am in total belief that is a big part of it. All i see everywhere everyday is pretty much white people. Very few anything else.

It's weird though cuz Boston/Massachusetts seems to be full of every color and race and look at how low their numbers are!
          I'm not trying to start a firestorm here. But according to you guys the low rate of crime is due to it being predominately white? But Boston and Mass have a low rate of crime with mixed races? Interesting...

I lived in Bakersfield, Calif. for a year in the 80's. There was an area called Oildale on the outskirts of Bakersfield. There were roughly 30,000 people living there. Merle Haggard, Buck Owens were from there. As of the 2000 census, it was 88.9% white and 0.34% black and roughly 10% other or mixed race. When I was living in Bakersfield, the census report in 1980 had 4 blacks living there and 2 were adopted. The percentage of whites was well over 90%.

Of violent crime stats in 2010, on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is no crime and 10 is the worst, Oildale got a rating of 6. On that same scale for property crime, Oildale received a 6 again. Above normal and that was after the Kern County Sheriff's Dept had completely cracked down on crimes in Oildale over the past several years.

Most of all the houses when I lived there had cyclone fences around them. Person's of ethnic background never went near Oildale. There were Nazi skinhead gangs and a few other all white hate gangs. There were several drug busts in the area as well. Many houses were run down and un-kept.

In 2010, the unemployment rate was above 14% and 20% of the population were below the poverty level.

Point I'm trying to make is, it doesn't matter if you are black or white, when you are poor or raised in higher levels of poverty, you are going to see high rates of crime activity and gangs.

Wayne mentioned that Boston and Mass had low crime rates even though there are mixed races living there. Anything to do with Boston and Mass in general having higher income levels than most areas of the country?

KAZ
          [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

I just looked at the population breakdown where I live.

White persons 94.4%
            Black persons 1.6%
            Asian persons 1.5%

Females 52.1%
            Males 47.9%

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
              I'm not trying to start a firestorm here. But according to you guys the low rate of crime is due to it being predominately white? But Boston and Mass have a low rate of crime with mixed races? Interesting...

I lived in Bakersfield, Calif. for a year in the 80's. There was an area called Oildale on the outskirts of Bakersfield. There were roughly 30,000 people living there. Merle Haggard, Buck Owens were from there. As of the 2000 census, it was 88.9% white and 0.34% black and roughly 10% other or mixed race. When I was living in Bakersfield, the census report in 1980 had 4 blacks living there and 2 were adopted. The percentage of whites was well over 90%.

Of violent crime stats in 2010, on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is no crime and 10 is the worst, Oildale got a rating of 6. On that same scale for property crime, Oildale received a 6 again. Above normal and that was after the Kern County Sheriff's Dept had completely cracked down on crimes in Oildale over the past several years.

Most of all the houses when I lived there had cyclone fences around them. Person's of ethnic background never went near Oildale. There were Nazi skinhead gangs and a few other all white hate gangs. There were several drug busts in the area as well. Many houses were run down and un-kept.

In 2010, the unemployment rate was above 14% and 20% of the population were below the poverty level.

Point I'm trying to make is, it doesn't matter if you are black or white, when you are poor or raised in higher levels of poverty, you are going to see high rates of crime activity and gangs.

Wayne mentioned that Boston and Mass had low crime rates even though there are mixed races living there. Anything to do with Boston and Mass in general having higher income levels than most areas of the country?

KAZ
              Kaz, I know you and I do not see things the same but I do like reading your post. After saying that I can tell you I grew up poor, very poor. I never went around shooting and robbing people. You think that people that are poor do not know right from wrong? I just do not get that kind of thinking. I can not think like a lib. It just does not make sense to me.

I sad what I did with the up most respect Kaz. I do not mean to throw jabs at you at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stern162 View Post
                Kaz, I know you and I do not see things the same but I do like reading your post. After saying that I can tell you I grew up poor, very poor. I never went around shooting and robbing people. You think that people that are poor do not know right from wrong? I just do not get that kind of thinking. I can not think like a lib. It just does not make sense to me.

I sad what I did with the up most respect Kaz. I do not mean to throw jabs at you at all.
                I think poor people who don't get a good education, who struggle with bills, no health care, brought up in war like neighborhoods, steal to put food on their table, know that the likelihood of ever becoming affluent or even making a comfortable living is not very likely, those are the people you shouldn't be surprised at when you talk about high crime and gang rates.

You made it clear that the reason there were no gangs or crime where Wayne lives is due to the fact there are mostly white people living there. My point in my post was that it has NOTHING to do with being white. Oildale is a perfect example.

Substitute an all black neighborhood, with mostly affluent, upper middle class black people, who get the best education for generations, not just a short stint, and you would have near the same crime rate numbers. Just like Wayne's point about there being low numbers in Boston and Mass with a mix of ethnic backgrounds. I would venture to guess the income levels and education levels are much higher in those areas.

Not throwing jabs at you either and I appreciate the respecful reply...

KAZ
                [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog View Post

KAZ

I never said that Kaz. I said they had a very low murder rate, not crime rate. All other crimes could be much higher, i don't know. We were simply talking about murder. I also said Boston seemed to be much more white based than the States down south i've been too. Not sure if that's true at all either though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                    Well when the bad guys have AK-47's and the police have 38's it makes a difference ...

Dino, did you see Jody Weis giving that interview the other night??? While he is standing there by a murder scene giving the interview shots were fired a block away .... you heard the shots in the background ,...

Spark I know we've had our disagreements in the past and I apologized for the things I said that I felt I was out of line for. Luckily you accepted my apology and I appreciate it.

You have a guy here making pure out of line racist comments and you guys sit here and dont call him out on it? Could it be because the're 8 million people in the urban area of chicago. Look at the crime rates for new york and L.A and see what they come out to. Because its blacks and mexicans thats why the crime rate is high? Could it be economics, unemployment, drugs, broken families?????

This guy is real beaut, I would love for the esa's to run into him and he say some ignorant shit like this but most scared racists pricks hide behind their dell computer at home and write shit like that. He would never go and approach someone in that neighborhood and make a comment like that because they would quickly make him into a female genatalia.

Is crime bad in chicago? Yes it is but actually the crime rate has went down and its no different than any other major urban in america. If you mind your own business, dont screw around with people and dont go searching for gang activity, or selling drugs you will be fine.

This wasnt directed at wayne either because i know you were just trying to make a point but you should visit here, its the cleanest biggest city in the united states. And if the guy with all of 18 posts doesnt like here, why not just leave, no one will miss you one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann View Post
                      Spark I know we've had our disagreements in the past and I apologized for the things I said that I felt I was out of line for. Luckily you accepted my apology and I appreciate it.

You have a guy here making pure out of line racist comments and you guys sit here and dont call him out on it? Could it be because the're 8 million people in the urban area of chicago. Look at the crime rates for new york and L.A and see what they come out to. Because its blacks and mexicans thats why the crime rate is high? Could it be economics, unemployment, drugs, broken families?????

This guy is real beaut, I would love for the esa's to run into him and he say some ignorant shit like this but most scared racists pricks hide behind their dell computer at home and write shit like that. He would never go and approach someone in that neighborhood and make a comment like that because they would quickly make him into a female genatalia.

Is crime bad in chicago? Yes it is but actually the crime rate has went down and its no different than any other major urban in america. If you mind your own business, dont screw around with people and dont go searching for gang activity, or selling drugs you will be fine.

This wasnt directed at wayne either because i know you were just trying to make a point but you should visit here, its the cleanest biggest city in the united states. And if the guy with all of 18 posts doesnt like here, why not just leave, no one will miss you one bit.
                      MM, I agree ... I am glad to see you back here ...

Is Stern a racist?? absolutely ... should he tone it down with that stuff??? yes

I just think he is brutally honest about the way he feels ...

Comment

Hey cry baby, how come you do not live in Chicago if it is such a WONDEFUL place to live??? You work in Chicago but you do not live in Chicago. Says a ton.

Comment

If you mind your own business, dont screw around with people and dont go searching for gang activity, or selling drugs you will be fine.

Would you be writing the same thing to the little 5 year old girl shot in the head months ago in Baltimore City?

Comment

Chicago is a City i've always wanted to visit MM. The problem with someone like me is i don't know the town like you and i'm like all the tourists watching. It isn't exactly the most appealing right now. Especially to somebody like me who doesn't know the right areas from the wrong ones when visiting.
                            Last edited by wayne1218; 04-28-2010, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Chicago is a City i've always wanted to visit MM. The problem with someone like me is i don't know the town like you and i'm like all the tourists watching. It isn't exactly the most appealing right now. Especially to somebody like me who doesn't know the right areas from the wrong ones when visiting.
                              Its near impossible to "walk into' a bad area

Downtown Chicago ( were all the tourists are ) is safe as hell

The mayor makes sure of that - its his baby

Other areas outside of downtown that you would want to visit are safe also ( Wrigleyville , Lincoln Park , Wicker Park )- Also everything around the airport ( O'Hare ) is VERY VERY safe- its pretty much in the burbs

Unless you want to go looking for drugs. or visit the ghettos, meet some gangbangers, etc.. you wont even come close to these areas. And they are far away from all the tourist spots that you wont find yourself there by accident ( taking the wrong train , bus etc, )

Its a small segment of the city that all this violence is going on

If it was gangs killing other gangs - I honestly wouldnt give a fuk.. but some 5 year old kids or 80 yr old ladies are dying because of the cross fire and where they live - thats the unfortunate part

You should visit.. Spark and I will show u around

And ill give u a tour of the war zones... for an adventure
                              Last edited by GOLDENGREEK; 04-28-2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Dino, I've heard the BEST Restaurants and Chef's in the U.S. are in Chicago!

I've heard many, many, people tell me that. Best food around. Would love to check it out!

Can you get me tickets to Oprah for the wife?

Comment

Working...
                                X