Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago has become the wild wild west !! Spark.. Duck !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FB Coach13 View Post
    Im actually heading to Chicago for the weekend for my brother-in laws birthday. My wife and I and a bunch of friends are going up Friday and Saturday. I know Friday we will be in Wrigleyville not to worried about that, then Sat we have a party at a bar on N. Southport not to sure about that area. You can bet i wont be getting to daring on my travels in the city thats for sure.
    You will be fine at Wrigley ... as well as South-port .. The lakeview area up north ... You just do not want to be on the south or west side of Chicago ...

Hope you have a good time Coach

Comment

MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take a look at the Rape increase in Georgia on the above link.
      Last edited by vols fan; 04-27-2010, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
        You will be fine at Wrigley ... as well as South-port .. The lakeview area up north ... You just do not want to be on the south or west side of Chicago ...

Hope you have a good time Coach
        Yea i figured Southport was in a allright area, my buddies that live up there set it up. Just with all this shit going on you start thinking about where you are gonna be while you are in the city. Thanks Spark!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
          It actually seems to have gone DOWN a bit in Illinois over the years but the numbers are still high.

Homicide rates in Illinois ............

1989 1,051
          1990 1,182
          1991 1,300
          1992 1,322
          1993 1,332
          1994 1,378
          1995 1,221
          1996 1,179
          1997 1,096
          1998 1,008
          1999 939
          2000 891
          2001 982
          2002 961
          2003 895
          2004 780
          2005 770
          2006 780
          2007 752
          2008 790

Wayne the problem is those are the total for the state of Illinois -- 95 % of those murders happen in Chicago

I think we had 600 murders last year

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post
            Wayne the problem is those are the total for the state of Illinois -- 95 % of those murders happen in Chicago

I think we had 600 murders last year
            Oh i know most are in Chicago but that is where we are talking about is Chicago right? Just like New York. I'm sure most are in NY City as well!

California ---> Los Angeles?

Comment

I'm surprised the number is that high. I never see any and i'm on the road all day!
              That is so unbelievable to me. Me and my family are packing right now.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._by_crime_rate

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                  MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take a look at the Rape increase in Georgia on the above link.
                  Are you guilty?

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
                    That's a good link. Shows overall and % by State for each crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Stern162 View Post
                      That is so unbelievable to me. Me and my family are packing right now.
                      I would say you wouldn't like the snow but you probably get more of that than us in Chicago!

Comment

Are you guilty?
                        Cows and sheep can't talk so that means NOT GUILTY

Comment

Originally posted by FB Coach13 View Post
                          Im actually heading to Chicago for the weekend for my brother-in laws birthday. My wife and I and a bunch of friends are going up Friday and Saturday. I know Friday we will be in Wrigleyville not to worried about that, then Sat we have a party at a bar on N. Southport not to sure about that area. You can bet i wont be getting to daring on my travels in the city thats for sure.
                          You will be fine !!!!

Downtown Chicago / "The Loop" is extremely safe. So are the areas you mentioned.

It was the mayors pet project over a decade ago to clean up "downtown" and he did.

90 % of the city is very safe.

You have to know where NOT to go ... and thats the South WEEEEST SIIIIIIIDE

Its the "ghetto'

You wont see Spark or I in those areas cause there is no reason for us to be there.

When I was young and dumb I would enter those areas ( mainly because some of my ex latina girlfriends used to live there) and man I have some stories !!!!

You have to show no fear and be street smart- If they see you are nervous or out of place you are fucked.

For tourists Chicago is VERY safe -- just dont find yourself in the 'hoods by mistake
                          Last edited by GOLDENGREEK; 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post
                            You will be fine !!!!

Downtown Chicago / "The Loop" is extremely safe. So are the areas you mentioned.

It was the mayors pet project over a decade ago to clean up "downtown" and he did.

90 % of the city is very safe.

You have to know where NOT to go ... and thats the South WEEEEST SIIIIIIIDE

Its the "ghetto'

You wont see Spark or I in those areas cause there is no reason for us to be there.

When I was young and dumb I would enter those areas ( mainly because some of my ex latina girlfriends used to live there) and man I have some stories !!!!

You have to show no fear and be street smart- If they see you are nervous or out of place you are fucked.

For tourists Chicago is VERY safe -- just dont find yourself in the 'hoods by mistake
                            GG, I still have a home near 55th and Pulaski. Midway Airport.

Area is changing everyday. For the worse. The south side of Chicago is just about gone. Ashame. It really is.

Comment

My brother in law brings this story up every now and again

He was born in Greece and came to Chicago when he was 18. He never ventured in the bad areas in the city

He was visiting me at work one night and we decided to go out.

I was taking home a co - worker I was banging and she lived in the hood

I was drunk and stupid. While I was taking her home some guy cut me off with his car

real nasty. I followed him and he turned into a side street - I kept following him and he

stopped his car in front of a group of "people" ( about 10 -12 )

I had about 8 or 9 guns pointed at me along with guys with baseball bats and golf clubs

I reversed at about 60 MPH

My brother in law was screaming "GO GO GO "

I can laugh about it now .. but it was pretty nuts almost getting killed for no reason

Comment

Originally posted by Stern162 View Post
                                GG, I still have a home near 55th and Pulaski. Midway Airport.

Area is changing everyday. For the worse. The south side of Chicago is just about gone. Ashame. It really is.
                                I know the area well. Had a girlfriend that lived at 71 st and Pulaski near the Ford city shopping center

Comment

Working...
                                X