Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago has become the wild wild west !! Spark.. Duck !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago has become the wild wild west !! Spark.. Duck !!

WTF !!

Be sure to duck when you guys go outside today my fellow chicagoans, it's so bad here we need the military jesus christ.....

CHICAGO – Two Illinois lawmakers say violence has become so rampant in Chicago that the National Guard must be called in to help. Chicago Democratic Reps. John Fritchey and LaShawn Ford made a public plea to Gov. Pat Quinn on Sunday to deploy troops.

The request comes amid a recent surge in violent crime, including a night last week that saw seven people killed and 18 wounded, mostly by gunfire.

This year there have already been 113 reported homicides, the same number of U.S. troops — 113 — were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan during the same period.

Look at the news stories JUST from yesterday and today....This is getting a little crazy now

Man shot to death in Bronzeville neighborhood
    April 26, 2010 7:55 PM | No Comments | UPDATED STORY

A 30-year-old man was shot to death this evening in the South Side's Bronzeville neighborhood, officials said.

Shortly after 6 p.m., police responded to a call of a person shot in the 100 block of East 47th Street, said Police News Affairs Officer Daniel O'Brien.The man suffered several gunshot wounds to his body, police said.

A spokesman for the Cook County medical examiner's office said the man was pronounced dead at the scene.

The circumstances behind the shooting are unknown at this time. Wentworth Area detectives are investigating.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Man dies after being shot in exchange of gunfire with police
    April 25, 2010 1:48 PM | 23 Comments | UPDATED STORY

An 18-year-old man has died from his injuries after being shot and seriously wounded in an incident Saturday night that involved an exchange of gunfire with Chicago police.

Izael Jackson, 18, of the 5300 block of South King Drive, was pronounced dead at 1:45 a.m. at Stroger Hospital, according to a spokeswoman for the Cook County medical examiner's office.

Chicago police said Mobile Strike Force officers attempted to make a traffic stop about 10:30 p.m. in the area of 61st Street and Prairie Avenue. Police said Jackson got out of the vehicle and started firing shots at the officers. Officers then returned fire, striking him, police said. After placing him into custody, a weapon was confiscated.

Police said no officers were injured.

Police were looking for at least one other person who was inside the vehicle with Jackson moments before the shooting, said Roderick Drew, a Chicago police spokesman.

Curtis Tarver, a spokesman for the Independent Police Review Authority, which investigates shootings involving Chicago police officers, said the agency is examining this shooting. He could provide no further details.

Jackson was scheduled to appear in court in June on weapons charges, according to court records. Further information on that case was not available.

------------------------------------------------------------

2 men shot in Englewood parking lot
    April 25, 2010 6:47 AM | 1 Comment

Two men were shot in a parking lot this morning in the Englewood neighborhood on Chicago's South Side.

The shooting happened in a parking lot in the 7000 block of South Halsted Street about 1:30 a.m., police said.

A 22-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound to his left elbow and a 27-year-old man was shot in his left arm and back, police said. Both victims were taken to Saint Bernard Hospital and Health Care Center and described as in stable condition.

Police said the victims were in the parking lot when an unknown suspect approached them and opened fire. No one is in custody for the shooting. Calumet Area detectives are investigating.

------------------------------------------------------

Man shot in head on South Side dies
    April 25, 2010 6:25 AM | 6 Comments

A 21-year-old man has died after being found shot several times this morning on Chicago's South Side.

Jamar Moore, of the 3500 block of South Rhodes Avenue, was pronounced dead at 1:45 a.m. at Advocate Trinity Hospital, according to a spokeswoman for the Cook County medical examiner's office.

Shortly after 1 a.m., police responded to a call of a shooting in the 8300 block of South Chicago Avenue, said Police News Affairs Officer Hector Alfaro. When police arrived, they found Moore with gunshot wounds to his head and body, Alfaro said. He was taken to the hospital where he later died.

No one is in custody for the shooting, Alfaro said. Calumet Area detectives
    are investigating.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Man seriously wounded in West Side shooting
    April 25, 2010 2:02 AM | No Comments

A 31-year-old man was shot and seriously injured late Saturday night on the West Side in Chicago's Austin neighborhood.

About 11:35 p.m., the victim was walking in the 4900 block of West Quincy Street when a suspect emerged from a gangway and shot him, police said. The victim was taken in serious condition to Loretto Hospital with a graze wound to his head.

The suspect fled the scene on foot. No one is in custody for the shooting at this time, police said. Grand Area detectives are investigating.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Man walking on South Side a drive-by victim
    April 25, 2010 1:46 AM | No Comments

A 22-year-old man walking on a South Side street was the victim of a drive-by shooting Saturday in the West Englewood neighborhood, police said.

About 10:18 p.m., the man was walking in the 6600 block of South Seeley Avenue when a person in a passing vehicle shot him, police said. The victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn. There was no information available about his condition, police said.

No one is in custody. Wentworth Area detectives are investigating.

From the Sun-Times late last year:

"Heading into year No. 2 of a hiring slowdown, the Chicago Police Department is now nearly 2,000 officers short of its authorized strength of 13,500, counting vacancies, medical leave and limited duty, records show -- with 36 percent of police jobs at O'Hare Airport unfilled."

So the sick truth that nobody really discusses here in Chicago is that the mayor, who has sold every asset he can has chosen every year for about a decade to underman his police force. He chooses other priorities for the money, and sadly has even sold city assets in a pathetic effort to shore up the temporary finances of the city. The national guard stuff is just plain sad, if they really want to fix the problem put more cops on the street.

Comment

It is ridiculous Dino ... getting worse everyday ... It is an embarrassment ... this is all you listen to on the radio and TV ..

I took a train the other night from downtown ...about 10pm ... I will never do that again ....

Until they allow law abiding citizens to defend themselves NOTHING will change ... they can bring in the army, air-force, national guard and nothing will change LONG TERM ...

Comment

I saw this on CNN where they were talking about bringing in the National Guard to patrol the streets and the Mayor and Police Chief said no thanks.

My first thoughts were ... holy shit, i'm glad i don't live there. Sorry but that is some scary shit going on in that city. Just not for my small city ass i guess!

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post

This year there have already been 113 reported homicides, the same number of U.S. troops — 113 — were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan during the same period.

The most shocking part of the whole CNN story i saw right there. WTF is right. I would be scared to leave my house!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
            I saw this on CNN where they were talking about bringing in the National Guard to patrol the streets and the Mayor and Police Chief said no thanks.

My first thoughts were ... holy shit, i'm glad i don't live there. Sorry but that is some scary shit going on in that city. Just not for my small city ass i guess!

That is why the city only sees me 3-4 times a year ... hate it ...

Comment

The most shocking part of the whole CNN story i saw right there. WTF is right. I would be scared to leave my house!!!
              Well when the bad guys have AK-47's and the police have 38's it makes a difference ...

Dino, did you see Jody Weis giving that interview the other night??? While he is standing there by a murder scene giving the interview shots were fired a block away .... you heard the shots in the background ,...

Comment

This shows you what a different world we can live in while all in the same Country.

Maine Homicide's since 2000 ......

2000 - 15
                2001 - 19
                2002 - 14
                2003 - 16
                2004 - 18
                2005 - 19
                2006 - 23
                2007 - 21
                2008 - 31

Remember, that is not for one City, it is for the whole State and it is also for the whole year. 2008 was high because of about 3 incidents in northern Maine where people killed multiple people. When there is a murder around here, anywhere, it is shocking news!
                Last edited by wayne1218; 04-27-2010, 08:17 PM.

Comment

It actually seems to have gone DOWN a bit in Illinois over the years but the numbers are still high.

Homicide rates in Illinois ............

1989 1,051
                  1990 1,182
                  1991 1,300
                  1992 1,322
                  1993 1,332
                  1994 1,378
                  1995 1,221
                  1996 1,179
                  1997 1,096
                  1998 1,008
                  1999 939
                  2000 891
                  2001 982
                  2002 961
                  2003 895
                  2004 780
                  2005 770
                  2006 780
                  2007 752
                  2008 790

Comment

This shows you what a different world we can live in while all in the same Country.

Maine Homicide's since 2000 ......

2000 - 15
                    2001 - 19
                    2002 - 14
                    2003 - 16
                    2004 - 18
                    2005 - 19
                    2006 - 23
                    2007 - 21
                    2008 - 31

Remember, that is not for one City, it is for the whole State and it is also for the whole year. 2008 was high because of about 3 incidents in northern Maine where people killed multiple people. When there is a murder around here, anywhere, it is shocking news!
                    hmmmmmm I wonder why???

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/23000.html

Comment

Originally posted by Stern162 View Post

I understand that but gangs can go anywhere and we have very few if any here that i know of. You should see the murder rates for some other states like Montana, New Hampshire, N. Dakota and Vermont. They are even lower than Maine. On the flip side you have places like California who are in the thousands each year and the most.

And Illinois is high compared to places like New York who are 4.3 for every 100,000 compared to Illinois at 6.1 for every 100,000. Maine is at 2.4 for every 100,000

You can look at overall population but when broken down, it doesn't matter, some places simply have a lot less than others.
                      Last edited by wayne1218; 04-27-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

California is in the Thousands EVERY year for murders but broken down, they are still below Illinois at 5.8 for every 100,000 people.

Comment

Massachusetts is very low at 2.6 per 100,000

The highest i've seen is Louisiana at a whopping 11.9 per 100,000 people

The only other ones i've found higher than Illinois so far is Florida at 6.4 per 100,000 and NC at 6.6
                          Last edited by wayne1218; 04-27-2010, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Pretty interesting stuff really. I didn't look at all States but i did look at many. Go to the bottom to check any State.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/ilcrime.htm

Comment

I understand that but gangs can go anywhere and we have very few if any here that i know of.

That is exactly my point Wayne. Why don't you have gangs?

Simple, Take a good look at that section.
                              .................................................. .....
                              White persons, percent, 2008 (a) 96.4

Black persons, percent, 2008 (a) 1%

Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin, percent, 2008 (b) 1.3%

Comment

Working...
                              X