Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Sporting Event Do You Look Most Forward To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Sporting Event Do You Look Most Forward To?

Lets start the week off with a thread which surely won't anticipate and controversy.
    The question as been asked before in one form or another, but if it has been posted here, it has been some time since it was.
    Anyways the question is:
    For YOU as a sports fan which game or sporting event do you ANTICIPATE with the most excitement?
    I am NOT talking about a game or an event which is to be played in a SPECIFIC season, which would be dictated by the circumstances surrounding it for that season, but instead only in a general sense year after year.
    Some examples of what I am talking could be a rivalry game or series such as say Oklahoma/Texas in football, or an event like the World Series, the Superbowl, NBA finals, the Stanley Cap Finals, etc.
    Remember the question as opposed applies only to what game or event YOU look forward to and NOT what you think most other folks look forward to.
    ps It goes without saying that if you want to take the time to explain your choice, that is even better.

Easy one. I love indoor lacrosse. I look forward to the home opener more than every other event of the year. The electricity of being in the building with 8-10 thousand fans. Watching a fast paced huge hitting game. Watching the stick skills, the fights, enjoying overpriced beer. To me there just isnt a better experience than the anticipation of what could be for that year

PK
    No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Any tennis match between Nadal and Federer

Comment

Originally posted by poskid View Post
        Easy one. I love indoor lacrosse. I look forward to the home opener more than every other event of the year. The electricity of being in the building with 8-10 thousand fans. Watching a fast paced huge hitting game. Watching the stick skills, the fights, enjoying overpriced beer. To me there just isnt a better experience than the anticipation of what could be for that year

PK
        LMFAO!!!
        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by moondog22 View Post
          Any tennis match between Nadal and Federer
          Agreed...hoping to see it in the US Open Finals however not so sure we will the way Nadal has been playing...

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1 View Post
            LMFAO!!!
            Didnt like my blurb there Chad???

I have season tickets and love going.

PK

Comment

Daytona 500

Comment

For me it is a no brainer and it has been this way for as long as I can remember:
                I look forward with the greatest anticipation to any Red Sox/Yankees series and of course each game once the teams meet.
                Of course, the closer the teams are in the standings, the greater the excitement I have in anticipation of these games.
                I must admit that during the early and mid 60's when both the Sox and Yankees sucked pretty much and were near the bottom of the standings in several of those years, I wasn't quite as excited.
                On the other hand, growing up as a Sox diehard in the 50's, when the Sox sucked and the Yankees were great and won the WS year after year, the games took on special meaning and even more so when the Sox pulled off a rare victory against them.
                The only thing which exceeds this (but doesn't qualify in this forum because it apllies to a specific season) is when the Sox get into the playoffs/World Series and my anticipation of each playoff game.

Comment

Stanley Cup Finals

Comment

I love Broad Jumping

signed,

Spark

He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

When you have racing basically every weekend for 10 months, you get accustomed to watching a race every weekend. The 2+ month offseason is almost intolerable. When they get back to Daytona for Speedweeks the anticipation is almost at a boiling point. Sure you get a little tease here with the Bud Shootout, and the Dual Qualifiers, but when it's time to pull those belts tight on Sunday afternoon to unleash the 800+ horses from underneath the hood, for 500 miles of bumpdrafting around the 2.5 mile monster track, nothing beats it for me!

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                        When you have racing basically every weekend for 10 months, you get accustomed to watching a race every weekend. The 2+ month offseason is almost intolerable. When they get back to Daytona for Speedweeks the anticipation is almost at a boiling point. Sure you get a little tease here with the Bud Shootout, and the Dual Qualifiers, but when it's time to pull those belts tight on Sunday afternoon to unleash the 800+ horses from underneath the hood, for 500 miles of bumpdrafting around the 2.5 mile monster track, nothing beats it for me!
                        Fucking redneck...

Comment

Football then MLB

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                            I think I found what NASCAR fans do during the offseason...

YouTube - tractor racing

PK

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                              Football then MLB
                              Monte-read the question asked again;it requires an answer more specific(for example what particular game or event do you anticipate in football?).

Comment

Working...
                              X