updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
    NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Thrill View Post
      Here's the coach's statement
      Looks like he got a shitty deal from the admin and the press

http://www.flightbasketball.com/100-...rom-Coach.html
      They could have shot baskets in the wrong goal!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
      When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
      Jon E. Checkers

Comment

if you want Johnny, i'll come by and pick you up for work in the am so that you wont be too scared to drive

be ready at 4:45am
        updated thru 4/04 play

Comment

if you want Johnny, i'll come by and pick you up for work in the am so that you wont be too scared to drive

be ready at 4:45am
          Thanks for the offer but I'm drawin' unemployment!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
          When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
          Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Originally posted by jcheckers View Post
            Thanks for the offer but I'm drawin' unemployment!
            damn Bush economics

give me a call at the office plz
            updated thru 4/04 play

Comment

Here's the coach's statement
              Looks like he got a shitty deal from the admin and the press

http://www.flightbasketball.com/100-...rom-Coach.html

There are always too sides to every story. When I first heard the media version and the girlymen who make up most of the media, they made it sound so horrific.

Nobody died here fellas and girls that played the game probably forgot about next day and would have laughed about it weeks from now. Not the good old Politically correct media though, who could not resist further fuel to the fire. Maybe we should get Obamas view on this since its such a National tragedy.
              NBA is a joke

Comment

The Coach got what he deserved. I have coached a High School Girls Basketball team and won the states a few times and never once would I have ever embarrassed another Coach or team in winning or running the score up.
                That's classless and only gives you a bad name if and when you are ever looking for another Coaching job. Just ask any Athletic Director, if you don't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave View Post
                  KB, I coach baseball and normally I would agree with you, but in this case, the whole article wasn't included.

This is a copy and paste from the article.

"A parent who attended the game told The Associated Press that Covenant continued to make 3-pointers -- even in the fourth quarter. She praised the Covenant players but said spectators and an assistant coach were cheering wildly as their team edged closer to 100 points.

"I think the bad judgment was in the full-court press and the 3-point shots," said Renee Peloza, whose daughter plays for Dallas Academy. "At some point, they should have backed off.

"Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of its small class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia."

This team is basically a handicapped team and the other schools know this.
                  Full court pressing and taking 3 pointers is uncalled for.
                  I personally think it is chicken shit to run up the score on teams like this when they are just trying to learn and play. This is a situation where you play your younger kids and there is no need to run it up. I know you can say "don't schedule them if you can't compete" but its not that easy. The schools need games and sometimes this happens.

To run it up on a team like this is uncalled for in my opinion.
                  dave

I could agree more BBD.... when you are ahead 59-0 at half, the coach should have "cleared his bench" and played the second half with the backups. No reason for full court presses and 3 point shots once the game is in hand.

Coach showed poor judgement.
                  Rock

Comment

Originally posted by jbaker1564 View Post
                    The Coach got what he deserved. I have coached a High School Girls Basketball team and won the states a few times and never once would I have ever embarrassed another Coach or team in winning or running the score up.
                    That's classless and only gives you a bad name if and when you are ever looking for another Coaching job. Just ask any Athletic Director, if you don't believe it.

You would have never even scheduled a game like this. That was where they should fired someone, maybe the AD on the losing team.
                    NBA is a joke

Comment

Warned Yes
                      Fired No

Comment

Originally posted by jbaker1564 View Post

I agree. I have coached all three sports in high school. I know the argument is "don't schedule the game," but thats not alway applicable.
                        There is NO reason to run up the score. I'm not saying the coach should be fired because I don't feel he should. He should be reprimanded and most of all, he should feel some remorse. I know "no one died" but it is a life leason for both teams and I personally don't feel it is a positive message for EITHER team.
                        In football, how many times have we seen teams take a knee inside the 5 that cost us money when they are winning handily? Why do they do that - not to screw the bettors but because it is the right thing to do.
                        There are SO, SO many negative things that our young kids have to deal with and too many are because of poor adult leadership. The odds are good that this won't effect any of these players in the long run, but why even do it?
                        I do not believe the coach should have been fired. I believe that if would have been a little remorseful, he might not have got fired.
                        Again, there are many things in life worse than this, but this is a sad example for our future generation that easily could have been avoided. These kids made the tabloids and papers for all the wrong reasons.
                        Just my opinion.
                        jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Are you folks aware of the fact that the Dallas team had lost to many other teams by outrageous scores also? I heard that one of the scores was 66-6 and there were similar scoress. How come nothing was said about running up the scores in these games???

Comment

Lets end all sports so no ones feelings ever get hurt again.
                            NBA is a joke

Comment

The coach was an asshole. Two wrongs don't make a right. Because his team got blown out a few times, doesn't give him the right to do it to another team. Esp a team of girls with a learning disability. I also blame the coach who got beat for not having his girls leg whip or bloody any one of those Covenant girls who came into the key. Bill Russell would put someone in traction and then they wouldn't come into the key for a lay up again. In those days, it was called , Blood Alley. One good cheap shot sends a message. You come in here again, and you'll be sorry.

Once the Covenant girls got up 30-0, the press should have been called off and 3 point attempts called off as well. And honestly, they should have made every attempt to let the other team score at least one basket. It wouldn't have killed them and would have been good sportsmanship.

To blame the media for this, is completely laughable and ignorant. Typical to blame the media for reporting facts. Here's a fact. Team A beat Team B...100-0. You decide what to think of it.....End of story!

KAZ
                              [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

I'd be pissed I didn't win 102-0 myself

Comment

Working...
                                X