X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused Teacher Refuses to Talk to Police

By KATRINA A. GOGGINS
    AP

COLUMBIA, S.C. (March 1) - A middle-school teacher accused of having sex with at least five boys was fired and remained in jail Thursday after she refused to speak with police about the charges, authorities said.

Police began investigating Allenna Williams Ward, 23, after school officials in Clinton recovered a note containing inappropriate messages, police said.

Ward, who is married, had sexual encounters in the past three months with the 14- and 15-year-old boys at the school, at a motel, in a park and behind a restaurant, according to arrest warrants.

Some of the victims were students at Bell Street Middle School, where Ward taught, authorities said.

Defense attorney Donald Hocker declined to talk about the case Thursday, according to a woman who answered the phone at his office.

School officials met with parents Thursday evening. Letters were sent home and the district will provide counseling for any students or parents who want or need it, acting district superintendent Laura Koskela said.

"Both the chief of police and I stand very clear that we are convinced that this is an isolated incident," Koskela said.

Clinton Public Safety Director John Thomas said it was a difficult time for the district. "Teachers are supposed to be role models as well as being those people who take care of and protect our children," Thomas said.

Ward, who was fired Wednesday, is charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor and lewd acts on a minor, according to arrest warrants.

Clinton, a town of about 10,000 people, is about 60 miles northwest of Columbia.

Last year, an elementary school teacher in school district neighboring Clinton was charged with having sex with an 11-year-old male student.

A trial date for Wendie A. Schweikert has not yet been scheduled.

I wonder if Rook got to hit that, he is about as tall as a middle school kid
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

Why couldn't that shit ever happed to me when I was in middle school. Son of a bitch

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
        Why couldn't that shit ever happed to me when I was in middle school. Son of a bitch

cause you didnt reach puberty until you were 19 and your lil pee pee couldnt get stiff yet
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21

cause they dont have middle school in jokelahoma. you graduate after 4th grade and then is off to mechanic or meth lab training school.
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I want a picture of the bitch!

Comment

Go to CNN- Kinda plain looking.
              "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                cause they dont have middle school in jokelahoma. you graduate after 4th grade and then is off to mechanic or meth lab training school.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                  I want a picture of the bitch!

here you go
                  [email protected]

Comment

Sheesh- How do you do that? Place a pic!
                    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearit
                      Sheesh- How do you do that? Place a pic!

Google her name, go to google images. left click her picture then copy it and paste it here
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville

here you go
                        Damn, she looks older than 23 and not very hot!

Comment

This might be her ....

"Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                          is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                            Damn, she looks older than 23 and not very hot!
                            she kind of has that skanky look to her. just my type

Comment

I'd hit it, but I'm way past the 14 to 15 year old requirement
                              updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
                              NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Working...
                              X