No announcement yet.

Bush Says Give It A Chance To Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Bill, what is the plan? And I don't think we elect a president to rule by consensus. If that was the case, everything would be put to a vote by the public. And that isn't what a republic is. People throw out the word democracy all the time and think that means every person's opinions or wishes count. But we are a republic which means we elect those people to make the calls. And if you think politicians (both sides) speak for the people, you are crazy. That is where the problems start.
    Plus, bashing the war and not offering a solution is the "in" thing to do now.
    Last edited by gbell; 01-24-2007, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I agree that bashing the War is not the thing to do, the time for that was prior to going in, which I said that most everyone supported at that time.
      I am saying that the new plan appears flawed and is nowhere near enough.
      The plan should be that the Iraqis provide the addition units and that we not commit more until after they make the commitment.
      If they are not wlliing to commit then no plan can work.
      updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
      NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

I am a republican but have never been in support of the war from day 1. I thought it would create a power vacum and it has. However, i do not want to give it a chance. What the fuck kind of answer is that when we are talking about young american lives? I saw 2 young guys in the last week. 1 was about 27ish and was pumping gas....he had 2 prosthetic legs and then another young guy i met at the gym and both his lower legs were mangled from a roadside bomb. He was disfigured and crippled, but still happy to be alive. I say for what? Do not send anymore men there than we already have commited. I am not in favor of cutting and running, but i think we have to be honest and realistic about what is going on. We can not throw anymore lives at this. Will 21K make a difference? I doubt it. I really do not have the answers, but i always support our men in uniform. the fact is there is going to be a lot more ongoing casualties than the 3K we have lost.

Comment

Working...
        X