Bush Says Give It A Chance To Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Says Give It A Chance To Work

I Agree With You Mr President. The Only Problem I Have With Your Surge Strategy Is That Youve Tried It 3 Times Before When You Deployed More Troops To Baghdad And It Didnt Work. It Did Cause A Increase In Violence, More American Deaths. What If The Iraqi's Dont Want Democracy? What If Theyre Just Hell Bent On Destroying Each Other????how Are You Going To Stop That? With Your Plan? Its Civil War And Guess What, They Dont Care About Democracy, The Only Thing They Care About Is Spilling Blood.

it's about oil, that's the only reason we are still there-if it was about democracy we would have been long gone.
    $100/unit

They are all booger eaters!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KR-V3
      it's about oil, that's the only reason we are still there-if it was about democracy we would have been long gone.
      How is it about oil? And if it is, I guess it's working huh with oil in the low 50's. Are we getting some sort of discount or repayment in oil that hasn't been reported?

Comment

Originally posted by gbell
        How is it about oil? And if it is, I guess it's working huh with oil in the low 50's. Are we getting some sort of discount or repayment in oil that hasn't been reported?

G BELL I AGREE WITH YOU I BELIEVE ITS MUCH MORE THAN OIL PROFITS ALTHOUGH SOME OF HIS OIL CRONIES HAVE MADE A MINT SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THIS CONFLICT. I BELIEVE THE PRESIDENT AND HIS STAFF MISCALCULATED THE IRAQI CITIZENS ONCE HE DISMATLED HUSSEINS REGIME. HE BELIEVED THE IRAQI'S WOULD EMBRACE DEMOCRACY AND FREEDOM ONCE HIS PLAN KICKED INTO THE WORKS. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT A GOOD PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION OVER THERE ISNT USE TO IT AND WILL NEVER BE. HOW MANY 'TRUE' DEMOCRATIC ISLAMIC NATIONS EXIST?TURKEY MAYBE? THE REST ARE JUST PRETENDERS AND OUR PRESIDENT GAMBLED WITH THE STABILITY OF THE MIDDLE EAST BY REMOVING HUSSEIN AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT WILL BE WORST THAN SADAAMS AND HIS HENCH MEN.

Comment

I don't think it's about oil either as I don't see any benefits to the US. Yes, I know Exxon (as well as others) has had record-setting profits, but I believe that's more of them profiteering from everything from the war, to the weather, to whatever they want to throw out as bullshit to raise prices and profits. They don't, and didn't need the war for this and I don't think they conspired with the President to get that rolling.

Hindsight is 20/20 with the war. Was it miscalculated. Without question. Should we have gone in? Two sides to that story. BUT, we are there now, and NO one, either side of the aisle, has presented their definition of "victory". This is unlike any other conflict/war in that it's not about a surrender, or a clear-cut "winner". BUT, if we leave now, what chaos is caused long-term? There are TOO many situations (all bad) that would result in the US packing up and going home. It's easier playing Monday morning QB, but the frustrating thing is not hearing a plan from ANYONE as to how to stabilize the area/govt enough to get the Iraqi's to take care of themselves. A little more skin in the fight would help too.

If Dems want to capitalize on the momentum from Nov, they should come up with a workable game plan to get the troops back asap but without throwing the area into even more chaos and looking at the bigger picture of that region in the control of Iran (which would happen if we bol). If they use it to just attack the President for the next 2 years, and make headlines and nothing else, the troops are fucked. They shouldn't be political pawns for the Dems to take the White House.

Comment

I'm a Bush supporter, but there are a few things I don't agree with.

With all the talking he did, he did not mention anything about Hurricane Recovery. I'm not just talking about rebuilding South Louisiana, where 23% of the country's oil is brought in, but what about future plans? What about current plans for Louisiana and Mississippi?

The South was lucky this year, but he should have mentioned SOMETHING about the future. What about the home owner's insurance policies that South Louisiana/Mississippi is dealing with? He mentioned NOTHING on these issues.

Just My Thoughts.
            "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
            is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan
              I'm a Bush supporter, but there are a few things I don't agree with.

With all the talking he did, he did not mention anything about Hurricane Recovery. I'm not just talking about rebuilding South Louisiana, where 23% of the country's oil is brought in, but what about future plans? What about current plans for Louisiana and Mississippi?

The South was lucky this year, but he should have mentioned SOMETHING about the future. What about the home owner's insurance policies that South Louisiana/Mississippi is dealing with? He mentioned NOTHING on these issues.

Just My Thoughts.
              They aren't going to do anything until either March or April when they have a Court hearing regarding FEMA. Personally don't think they give a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                They aren't going to do anything until either March or April when they have a Court hearing regarding FEMA. Personally don't think they give a shit.
                I agree, but don't you think he should have said something?
                "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

why should the dems come up with a plan for iraq .its g-w's war he sterted this bull shit let him sit in it . by the way i havenot heard a peep about the guy (bush) said "he wanted dead or alive" ben laden remember him ?

Comment

Originally posted by zittiboy
                    why should the dems come up with a plan for iraq .its g-w's war he sterted this bull shit let him sit in it . by the way i havenot heard a peep about the guy (bush) said "he wanted dead or alive" ben laden remember him ?
                    B/c the Dems campaigned and won saying they were going to lead the way with a new plan and direction. Haven't heard that plan yet though. Considering it's US soldiers affecting US families, I would really consider it a US war. But it is easier to sit back and throw stones and criiticize the President then it is to offer a solution, and I think that's exactly what the Dems will do for 2 years to try and wrestle back the White House.

Comment

he see's no way of getting out of the war (he started as a family vendetta) the dem's want a new direction and thats with gw to listen (poss) and not be a lead headed fool

Comment

Let them be. Let them kill each other.

How bout we fix some problems thats in the good ol USA? Drugs, poverty, health insurance, violence, etc...
                        NFL Kruise
                        2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

Originally posted by zittiboy
                          he see's no way of getting out of the war (he started as a family vendetta) the dem's want a new direction and thats with gw to listen (poss) and not be a lead headed fool
                          What is the Dems new direction?

Comment

Originally posted by tkim11
                            Let them be. Let them kill each other.

How bout we fix some problems thats in the good ol USA? Drugs, poverty, health insurance, violence, etc...
                            What do you think happens to the Middle East and terrorism worldwide (including the US) if we take all troops out right now?

Comment

I have always been a Bush supporter and believe when we went into this that there weren't hardly any antiwar statements when everyone thought that there where WMD that posed a threat, but now after reading that Army Col Dr. Brian Allgood (The top medical officer in the War) died in that Black Hawk that was shotdown last Saturday, I have my doubts that only 21,500 more troops can secure Bagdad when we cannot currently protect our top Officers.
                              updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
                              NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Working...
                              X