No announcement yet.

Directv vs. Dish network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Dish for 4 years and Direct for the past 2. I got the same company to install each because the installer did a good job the 1st time and wanted good sevice again. With Dish, I lost signal for no more than a minute a handfull of times. Direct so far,I probably lost signal twice for no more than 15 seconds. Thed biggest differance besides the Ticket is my local channels come in better. Make sure the installer knows what the Fuck they are doing!!

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
      i'd ask bover. after seeing his GTM photo its apparent that he has both on that mellon of his. direct tv. one side, dish network on the other
      omg
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
        i'd ask bover. after seeing his GTM photo its apparent that he has both on that mellon of his. direct tv. one side, dish network on the other

Comment

Direct TV.. Ive had it for right at a year and I will never change to anything else..

Comment

Originally posted by drugstuntman
            The only reason DirecTV exists is because of the NFL Ticket...simply put - if you want it, you go to them. I have the new HD-DVR and the picture is just unreal....once you see football or hockey that way, you will be drooling.
            What pissed me off about directv is that they didn't tell me I needed the HD-DVR to get HD channels as my TV has HD built into it. And from reading on their site it looks as if I would have to change my LNB and dish in order to get the HD now.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
              What pissed me off about directv is that they didn't tell me I needed the HD-DVR to get HD channels as my TV has HD built into it. And from reading on their site it looks as if I would have to change my LNB and dish in order to get the HD now.
              yeah - and keep in mind, it will cost you a $299 "lease upgrade" fee....I'm still not happy about that kind of of extortion, but I wanted the full HD effect and finally broke down....you get 30 hours of HD recording and 250 hours regular, so that is nice - you can build a movie library and always have something ready to watch

Comment

I've had Ditect TV for 10 years and they are great. Got a 8 way splitter with 2 local games. 9 Tv's and 9 NFL games at once in my garage/sportsbar is the best. I love football season!

Comment

Directv
                  How many more titles will the Yankees try to buy it never ends.

Comment

Keep in mind that if you like the MLB Extra Innings package, Major League Baseball is about to close a deal where Directv will exclusively carry that package, similar to Sunday Ticket.

If the Extra Innings package is a "must have" you'll probably need to go with Directv.
                    Every
                    Villain
                    Is
                    Lemons

Comment

Baseball Ticket on Dish TV. No problems over a year. Cheap baseball for the season. NFL network, channel 154.
                      2009 MLB:
                      JULY
                      23-19 (+21.72x)
                      Sides; 8-12; -9.43x
                      Totals; 17-9-1; +33.20x

AUGUST
                      1-2 (-4.7x)

Comment

Originally posted by twr108
                        Baseball Ticket on Dish TV. No problems over a year. Cheap baseball for the season. NFL network, channel 154.
                        Like I said, though, MLB is in negotiation to make Extra Innings, a directv package only. It's not a done deal yet, but supposedly it's close.
                        Every
                        Villain
                        Is
                        Lemons

Comment

I have 2 dishes, 1 w/ Direct TV and the other Dish Network.

Direct TV for the sports (NFL Ticket, NCAA Tourney)

Dish Network for everything else. IMO, Dish is the better company (I have been a customer for 8 years) but Direct TV has the ticket. Good friend sells and installs dishes for a living and he swears by Dish Network. He told me that HD is better in Dish Network than Direct TV. I am very impressed with the Dish Network HD.
                          Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Working...
                          X