As if another reason was needed to hate John Kerry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ULikeApples
    Unemployment rate for those 25 yers or older with a Bachelor's degree or higher:

Jan 1996 - 2.5%
    Jan 2006 - 2.2%

Some college or associate's:

Jan 1996 - 4.3%
    Jan 2006 - 3.8%

HS Grads, no college:

96 - 5.8%
    06 - 5.1%

All data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics web site, www.bls.gov.

Bureau of Labor Statistics? Who wrote that movie???

Comment

Sure the pipeline from new orleans to nj broke and that cut off some of our supply to the northeast. That will increase prices but over $3 a gallon. We took over a country full of oil...we should be paying .30 cents a gallon, but that would not help out Bush and his oil friends now would it.

Comment

Originally posted by drews29
        How do we take over a country full of oil and your going to blame a hurricane for the prices. Why are the oil companies making record profits. Higher prices =lower demand. Lower prices = higher demand. Supply my ass...the majority of our oil comes from south america. The oil in the Gulf of Mexico is put in our reserves. Bush is setting up for a big pay day when he gets out of office.
        Wow, don't take this the wrong way, but have you had a formal education?

First off, I know you think and want to believe that we invaded Iraq for oil, but that is 100% not the case. I know deep in your soul you somehow think it is because that would be convienent, but that's not the case. We aren't taking oil from there.

The oil companies are making record profits because world demand is at an all time high. The industrialization of China is the main factor there.

I am amazed that you don't understand supply and demand. Price does not set demand, it work sthe other way around. Companies only set prices based on the amount they think it will sell for to maximize their profit. They can drive up the price to reduce demand, but supply and demand work more to set the prices. Let me find a link for you. Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_supply_and_demand

I know all these facts are clogging that liberal head of yours.
        O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Originally posted by KazDog
          That's real smart....What has being a superpower done for us? Hated by every country outside of the US? War with the Arabs? The Russian's would have cumbled without Reagan's help. Their economy was in real trouble back then....
          Their economy was in trouble because it was not a free market economy like ours. One where business and individuals make profits.
          O..H.........I..O!

Comment

Sure the pipeline from new orleans to nj broke and that cut off some of our supply to the northeast. That will increase prices but over $3 a gallon. We took over a country full of oil...we should be paying .30 cents a gallon, but that would not help out Bush and his oil friends now would it.

Took over? So if Kerry was president, and we were in Iraq (pipedream I know), then we would be taking all their oil and selling it to the US for 30 cents a gallon? So the cost of drilling, extracting, refining, distributing, etc, even without taxes is less then 30 cents eh? I hope you get to run an oil company some day.

Comment

I said this already, but we are not taking any Iraqi oil. It is theirs, not ours.
              O..H.........I..O!

Comment

Honestly....I'm not in the mood to argue with Republican's tonight. You guys have at it. Meg has drained me in the urgent thread. I'm spent. Good luck you all.....

KAZ
                [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Yes, I wasn't in the mood for the opposite, but when people start to think with their hearts instead of their heads, and don't understand basic concepts, it's hard to keep quiet.
                  O..H.........I..O!

Comment

Being a superpower does draw hatred towards the US, but we would all be speaken German if we didn't take this responsibility. We just need to stay out of religious issues and things would be a lot better.

Comment

Being a superpower does draw hatred towards the US, but we would all be speaken German if we didn't take this responsibility. We just need to stay out of religious issues and things would be a lot better.
                      Wow, I would have to agree on the religious thing there within the U.S. Legislating morality doesn't work and shouldn't be done.
                      O..H.........I..O!

Comment

When did Germany attack us? I don't want to be "speaken" any German either!

Comment

Originally posted by gbell
                          When did Germany attack us? I don't want to be "speaken" any German either!
                          O..H.........I..O!

Comment

Well, I guess all the thought-provoking banter has you busy for a while. Bet you weren't expecting to debate with someone that is not just a political hack and doesn't "drink anyone's kool-aid."
                            O..H.........I..O!

Comment

Here are some basic concepts:

There are no WMD in Iraq

Saddam Hussein was against Osama Bin Laden.

Saddam Hussein is against terrorism. (Al Queida)

Osama Bin Laden blew up the WTC.

Osama Bin Laden still is not caugt.

More troops in Iraq than looking for the guy who blew up the WTC.

Oil prices have skyrocketed with a President who has dealt with oil his whole life and has many friends in the industry. Something to think about with your heart.

Men and women are dying everyday for what in Iraq. I bet if you talked with the deceased that it would have been worht it if it was Osama.

Too many facts to list. Fact of the matter is Bush is ruining this country just like the three business he bankrupted before he became president. I am out.

Comment

Who would of stopped Hitler? He was coming after us. Know your history... or maybe your French....they don't remember what really took place either.

Comment

Working...
                                X