Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comair Flight Carrying 50 Crashes in Ky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rented mule
    I've always found it remarkable how few airline accidents there are. Thousands of flights take off every day and this was the first major airline crash in the US since the flight crashed up here in the Rockaways right after 9/11.

You would think with hollow tubes hurtling through the skies (defying the laws of nature, by my count) more crashes would take place.

Sometimes when i'm flying, I have a Wile E Coyote moment that the plane will realize it shouldn't be in the air and crash to the ground.

The reason there are so few accidents considering how many planes are in the air at any given time is because of the excellent training the pilots, mechanics, and Air Traffic Controllers have been given so that they may reach the level of professionalism they are at.

"You would think with hollow tubes hurtling through the skies (defying the laws of nature, by my count) more crashes would take place."

Not to be rude, by any means...but you need to read up on your physics 101 and do a little studying on aerospace engineering. Airplanes are not just "hollow tubes" but much more including what is attached to them such as rudders, elevators, and wings. These things work to counter lift, thrust, drag, and weight. It's simple physics that most humans do not understand because we don't have to. We are planted here on this earth by gravity on our two feet and that is all we need to know and understand.
    Last edited by bwade210; 08-30-2006, 04:32 AM.
    5* 0-0
    4* 0-0
    3* 1-0
    2* 1-0
    1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

Comment

Originally posted by bwade210
      The reason there are so few accidents considering how many planes are in the air at any given time is because of the excellent training the pilots, mechanics, and Air Traffic Controllers have been given so that they may reach the level of professionalism they are at.

"You would think with hollow tubes hurtling through the skies (defying the laws of nature, by my count) more crashes would take place."

Not to be rude, by any means...but you need to read up on your physics 101 and do a little studying on aerospace engineering. Airplanes are not just "hollow tubes" but much more including what is attached to them such as rudders, elevators, and wings. These things work to counter lift, thrust, drag, and weight. It's simple physics that most humans do not understand because we don't have to. We are planted here on this earth by gravity on our two feet and that is all we need to know and understand.
      I understand the laws of physics (97 on the NYS Physics Regents in H.S. ) and I understand the basic concepts of flying.

As someone who absolutely hates (if there were a stronger word, I would use it) flying, I was just being a little facetious.
      Every
      Villain
      Is
      Lemons

Comment

I heard on our local news this morning that the controller gave the pilots permission for take off as they were taxing out towards the runway, then was performing another task and not watching the plane as it went to the wrong runway.

I also learned this morning that it is a law that no Attorney not all ready associated with a family member can solicit any grieving parents, spouse, or any family member for 45 days.
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
          I heard on our local news this morning that the controller gave the pilots permission for take off as they were taxing out towards the runway, then was performing another task and not watching the plane as it went to the wrong runway.

I also learned this morning that it is a law that no Attorney not all ready associated with a family member can solicit any grieving parents, spouse, or any family member for 45 days.
          Theres ways around that Law of 45 days. That's if it truley is a Law.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
            Theres ways around that Law of 45 days. That's if it truley is a Law.

It is, that is what they said on the radio this morning. And yes, sadly there are ways around that
            Questions, comments, complaints:
            [email protected]

Comment

I was friends with a pilot he told me easy to fly a plane only thing stopping ppl from becoming a pilot was the money needed for lessons.
              How many more titles will the Yankees try to buy it never ends.

Comment

Working...
              X