X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a link that some of you guys may find interesting:

Why the proposed Flag-Desecration Amendment should be defeated

I especially like this part:

"If you want people to revere and honor the flag, you should let it stand for principles that are worth honoring and revering. Compulsory reverence is no reverence at all."

Honestly, if the bill did get passed, the Supreme Court would shoot it down as soon as they got the chance.

Plus, as this site shows, all you would have to do is burn a flag with 49 stars, or better yet, a regular flag with the Hamburglar on it.

How to Crack the Flag-Burning Amendment
    Records:

NCAA Hoops (38-34-2, +4.59*)
    NFL Sides (34-25, +12.15*)
    NFL Totals (18-14-1, +8.23*)
    NCAA Foots Plays (65-48-4, +21.47*)
    NBA Plays (4-1-0, +5.92*)

Comment

It sad what this country has become. Blame lies on the doorstep of many. Not just Dems or Republicans.

Comment

You cant be staright Dem or Rep. On some ideas I'm Dem. on other ideas I'm Rep.

But I do see this country being fouled up by way too much bullshit. Blame it on the president, blame it on congress, blames it on governor, etc...All we do is play the blame game. Dem blames the Rep and Rep blames the Dem. Bunch of cock sucking Ol' man playing children's game of "he started it"

Anybody who agrees that burning the flag is ok should be shipped to the nearest shark infested water with his/her legs cut off. I dont give a fuck what constitutional right I'm undermining, you dont burn a country's flag.

More and more people talk about freedom of this and freedom of that. More people are worried about their privacy being violated from speeding cameras than their child's education. Fucken bullshit. Yes, the number of middle class citizens are
        decreasing but whats more important is rise of teenage pregancy.

I've heard fucken middle school girls are giving blow jobs. WTF!!!! What America needs to do is fucken educate the parents. You dont listen to fucken Snoop Dogg fucken killing people with AK's and 45's while you have a 3 year in the back seat. You dont take your child to a rated R movie when she's only 2. You dont wear the same slutty outfits in front of your child. You dont bring drunk girl/boyfriends over while your child is still awake. Shit should be common sense.

The minute you have a kid, your life is OVER, PERIOD. Everything you got, have to go into that child. This doesnt mean buy your child a $150 pair of nike's when the fucker is in 5th grade and cant even read.

And what the hell is that about? My niece was in preschool, when she started reading "green eggs and ham". I think parents rather watch their kid dance to the next rump shaker than teaching them how to read or add.
        Last edited by tkim11; 06-30-2006, 04:13 PM.
        NFL Kruise
        2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
          Lets See 4.00 A Gallon Gas Prices, Rising Interest Rates, Huge National Defecit, 9/11, Osama Bin Laden Still Making Tapes, Shrinking Middle Class, Us Mexico Border Out Of Control, George Bush Doesnt Give One Fukking Care About The The Middle Class In This Country And Someone Has The Time To Complain About The Flag. Get A Fukking Clue.
          Hey Applesauce...
          I think it's you who needs to get a FUKKING clue.
          It's a matter of standing for something. How anyone can condone the burning of an American Flag is beyond me...But I guess you're so stuck on these issues you can't see that this also represents how divided the government is. As represented by their votes Senators are standing along party lines and they can't even vote on what is right. This is not a Rep or Dem issue, but 30 Democrats thought it necessary to stand against the President rather then vote, and agree, on a simple issue I'm sure 99% would agree on. And yes I am sure later on down the road it would have been overturned after a LAWSUIT by that Liberal Cancer called the A.C.L.U., but it would have been nice to ALL stand behind something.
          And maybe along these lines that may also represent why this government does not function smoothly. They are voting for or against what their party wants and not what's right.....

It burns my ass to see other countries burning OUR flag. You can multiply that anger tenfold when it's done by an American citizen.
          Remember the three R's:
          Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

Lets See 4.00 A Gallon Gas Prices, Rising Interest Rates, Huge National Defecit, 9/11, Osama Bin Laden Still Making Tapes, Shrinking Middle Class, Us Mexico Border Out Of Control, George Bush Doesnt Give One Fukking Care About The The Middle Class In This Country And Someone Has The Time To Complain About The Flag. Get A Fukking Clue.
            spoken like a true Demo....are you serious brother????....the economy is at it's BEST right now......stop watching CNN and tune into Fox News!!!
            jordanrules..................

Comment

Ok Flag Guy

Originally posted by rwall
              Hey Applesauce...
              I think it's you who needs to get a FUKKING clue.
              It's a matter of standing for something. How anyone can condone the burning of an American Flag is beyond me...But I guess you're so stuck on these issues you can't see that this also represents how divided the government is. As represented by their votes Senators are standing along party lines and they can't even vote on what is right. This is not a Rep or Dem issue, but 30 Democrats thought it necessary to stand against the President rather then vote, and agree, on a simple issue I'm sure 99% would agree on. And yes I am sure later on down the road it would have been overturned after a LAWSUIT by that Liberal Cancer called the A.C.L.U., but it would have been nice to ALL stand behind something.
              And maybe along these lines that may also represent why this government does not function smoothly. They are voting for or against what their party wants and not what's right.....

It burns my ass to see other countries burning OUR flag. You can multiply that anger tenfold when it's done by an American citizen.

YOU RIGHT, IM MORE CONCERNED ON HOW IM GOING TO PAY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE FOR MY FAMILY, OR HOW I CAN AFFORD TO PAY FOR THE GALLON OF GAS TO GET MY KIDS TO DAYCARE, OR BETTER YET ON HOW IM GOING TO AFFORD TO SEND THEM TO COLLEGE. ITS FUNNY HOW FUKKING REPUBLICANS NEVER TALK ABOUT THIS SHIT BUT THEY HAVE NERVE TO BRING UP ISSUES ABOUT A PIECE OF FUKKING CLOTH. SHOULD FLAG BURNING BE AGAINST THE LAW? OF COURSE IT SHOULD AND ANYONE WHO DOES IT NEEDS THEIR ASS KICKED BUT WITH THE DISAPPEARING MIDDLE CLASS AND THESE CROOKS TALKING FLAG BURNING PISSES ME OFF. BECAUSE THEY KNOW MORONS LIKE YOU WILL CRY AND RUN TO POLLS AND VOTE FOR THEIR SORRY ASSES. BRING ON THE 6 DOLLAR A GALLON GAS, BUT HEY YOU WONT BE ABLE TO BURN A FLAG

Comment

YOU RIGHT, IM MORE CONCERNED ON HOW IM GOING TO PAY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE FOR MY FAMILY, OR HOW I CAN AFFORD TO PAY FOR THE GALLON OF GAS TO GET MY KIDS TO DAYCARE, OR BETTER YET ON HOW IM GOING TO AFFORD TO SEND THEM TO COLLEGE. ITS FUNNY HOW FUKKING REPUBLICANS NEVER TALK ABOUT THIS SHIT BUT THEY HAVE NERVE TO BRING UP ISSUES ABOUT A PIECE OF FUKKING CLOTH. SHOULD FLAG BURNING BE AGAINST THE LAW? OF COURSE IT SHOULD AND ANYONE WHO DOES IT NEEDS THEIR ASS KICKED BUT WITH THE DISAPPEARING MIDDLE CLASS AND THESE CROOKS TALKING FLAG BURNING PISSES ME OFF. BECAUSE THEY KNOW MORONS LIKE YOU WILL CRY AND RUN TO POLLS AND VOTE FOR THEIR SORRY ASSES. BRING ON THE 6 DOLLAR A GALLON GAS, BUT HEY YOU WONT BE ABLE TO BURN A FLAG
                Again you missed the point....

Let me dumb it down for you.....

THINGS WON"T AND CAN'T EVER IMPROVE IF VOTES ARE MADE ACCORDING TO PARTY LINES. IT'S A SIMPLE LOGICAL ISSUE THAT LIBERALS CAN'T VOTE ON PROPERLY. SO HOW DO YOU THINK THEY WILL BE ABLE TO TACKLE BIGGER ISSUES.
                Remember the three R's:

Comment

P.S. If things are getting so bleak for you maybe you should get your ass off a gambling web site and save your $5 bet money.
                  Remember the three R's:

Comment

you think its a fucking cloth??????? your as ignorant as anybody ive ever seen and should be banned for a comment like that...go tell YOUR ancestors that all it is , is a fucking cloth....your a disgrace to the American public, and honestly you should go kill your self...

Comment

more people vote weekly for a dumb TV show American Idol, than they do for the US President......

Comment

Originally posted by rwall
                        P.S. If things are getting so bleak for you maybe you should get your ass off a gambling web site and save your $5 bet money.

YOUR STUPIDITY IS OBVIOUS,SOME GUY BLAMES THE DEMOCRATS FOR AN ISSUE THATS IRRELEVANT, JUST LIKE BANNING GAYS FROM MARRIAGE AND SOME DUMB FUK LIKE YOU DOESNT EVEN UNDERSTAND ITS MIDTERM POLITICS TO PUSH THE CONSERVATIVES BASE (LIKE YOURSELF) TO RUN AND VOTE DOWN THE PARTY LINE. I APLAUD BUSH AND THE REPUBLICANS THOUGH, BECAUSE THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO SAY WHEN THEIR APPROVAL RATINGS ARE ABOUT 39 PERCENT.JUST BRING UP THE FLAG, GAYS GETTING MARRIED AND SOME OTHER REPUBLICAN SCARE TACTICS(WHERE IS THE WELFARE QUEEN FROM THE REAGAN DAYS) AND GUYS LIKE YOU WILL COME A RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jordanrules23
                          you think its a fucking cloth??????? your as ignorant as anybody ive ever seen and should be banned for a comment like that...go tell YOUR ancestors that all it is , is a fucking cloth....your a disgrace to the American public, and honestly you should go kill your self...

OK ADOLPH, HE WAS BIG INTO NATIONALISM TOO.

Comment

YOUR STUPIDITY IS OBVIOUS,SOME GUY BLAMES THE DEMOCRATS FOR AN ISSUE THATS IRRELEVANT, JUST LIKE BANNING GAYS FROM MARRIAGE AND SOME DUMB FUK LIKE YOU DOESNT EVEN UNDERSTAND ITS MIDTERM POLITICS TO PUSH THE CONSERVATIVES BASE (LIKE YOURSELF) TO RUN AND VOTE DOWN THE PARTY LINE. I APLAUD BUSH AND THE REPUBLICANS THOUGH, BECAUSE THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO SAY WHEN THEIR APPROVAL RATINGS ARE ABOUT 39 PERCENT.JUST BRING UP THE FLAG, GAYS GETTING MARRIED AND SOME OTHER REPUBLICAN SCARE TACTICS(WHERE IS THE WELFARE QUEEN FROM THE REAGAN DAYS) AND GUYS LIKE YOU WILL COME A RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!
                            There you're wrong

I do believe you should be able to marry...
                            Remember the three R's:

Comment

Originally posted by jordanrules23
                              more people vote weekly for a dumb TV show American Idol, than they do for the US President......

IM SURE YOU WERE GLUED TOO. PROBABLY HAD YOUR FLAG IN YOUR PANTS WHEN TAYLOR HICKS WAS ON STAGE YOU QUEER.

Comment

you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo blind...............Reb think it shouldnt be national news that gays are getting married....They shouldnt flaunt it in front of you and so on....Regan is THE GREATEST President this country has ever seen....If it wasnt for him the Russians would rule the world and your dumb ass would be a hostage somewhere....what has the Demo party done for this country????? The Demos are to blame for the killings, Bombins, rap music and so on....

Comment

Working...
                                X