Wood's season could be over after suffering setback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jordanrules23
    Wayne please pray for all cubs fans that the tribune sells the cubs...pref..to Cuban
    I've said before that the Cubs were always my NL team. I stopped caring when they did. With that said, if Cuban bought the team, i would go buy another Cubs hat tomm.

Comment

once that type of arm trouble happens it is just a matter of time before it recurs....The anatomy is not designed to take the abuse these fireballers put on it....The clemens, ryans and gibsons are genetic freaks.....Simple physics says the shoulder exposed to that much duress time after time will eventually give....Especially a surgically repaired shoulder...Everyone lays down scar tissue differently...although it is strong it does not have the elasticity of a normal shoulder.....

Hopefully Matt Clement has this too......Probably just has a sprained ear......Ever see his ears?? God put them on almost upside down...

Comment

Woods and Prior seem to always be hurt

Comment

wood should just retire
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
              I don't find it funny Wood is done for the season, nor do I find Priors troubles amusing.

I think its terrible these guys cant stay healthy. Look how close they were in '03, and who knows what would have happened in the years following. Maybe its me, but its not funny, its troubling. Think of this happening to your team.

Couldn't agree more.

The cubs have become the punching bag in a lot of posts, and maybe rightfully so, but I agree, I'm very sorry to hear that Wood is still having problems with his arm.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
                Couldn't agree more.

The cubs have become the punching bag in a lot of posts, and maybe rightfully so, but I agree, I'm very sorry to hear that Wood is still having problems with his arm.

so do i. He should just retire though. Lets call a spade a spade. he has arm troubles and it has and always will effect him and his ability to pitch. sorry but its the truth.
                2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                  so do i. He should just retire though. Lets call a spade a spade. he has arm troubles and it has and always will effect him and his ability to pitch. sorry but its the truth.

I agree...but it's easier said then done I think...especially for a guy like Wood who is still very young.

That's his life....and its hard to give up.

I hope he does the right thing, whatever that is.

Comment

John, are you trying to say if Wood was healthy the Cubs would be in contention?? Never ... I disagree with you 100% ... I said 4 years ago he would never be a 20 game winner ...
                    He is a head case .. if his arm was perfect he would be a 15 game winner at best ... how about the remaining 130 games???

Comment

Originally posted by Spark
                      John, are you trying to say if Wood was healthy the Cubs would be in contention?? Never ... I disagree with you 100% ... I said 4 years ago he would never be a 20 game winner ...
                      He is a head case .. if his arm was perfect he would be a 15 game winner at best ... how about the remaining 130 games???

No, never said that at all.

There just seems to be a somewhat of a slightly comical tone when referring to him being hurt repeatly..and I think it's unfair, that's all.

I never said if Wood was healthy the cubs would be in contention...but if Wood, Prior, and Lee WERE all healthy, I certainly wouldn't think they wouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                        I've said before that the Cubs were always my NL team. I stopped caring when they did. With that said, if Cuban bought the team, i would go buy another Cubs hat tomm.
                        I agree 100% and said so in an earlier thread ... I would buy 10 seasons passes tomorrow if Cuban bought this team ... We need someONE, an INDIVIDUAL not a Corporation to buy this team ...

Comment

No, never said that at all.

There just seems to be a somewhat of a slightly comical tone when referring to him being hurt repeatly..and I think it's unfair, that's all.

I never said if Wood was healthy the cubs would be in contention...but if Wood, Prior, and Lee WERE all healthy, I certainly wouldn't think they wouldn't be.
                          I agree they would be a better team but not in contention ... Look at the line-up ... can you tell me what is Perez doing at 2nd?? He is not even batting his weight ... Pierre batting .235 ... at least Nevin is batting .270 at first in place of Lee ...

Comment

I agree they would be a better team but not in contention ... Look at the line-up ... can you tell me what is Perez doing at 2nd?? He is not even batting his weight ... Pierre batting .235 ... at least Nevin is batting .270 at first in place of Lee ...

So many what if's in that statement...

You can't say they wouldn't be in contention considering the divison they're in.

they'd clearly have the best lineup with Lee, Ramierez, Jones, as a very formidable 3-4-5

Maybe we'll get a glimpse of it in a few weeks.

Maybe not.

Comment

I agree...but it's easier said then done I think...especially for a guy like Wood who is still very young.

That's his life....and its hard to give up.

I hope he does the right thing, whatever that is.

i understand, but the fact is.......it just isnt going to happen. the guy needs to move on, become a coach or whatever. plenty of people have had career ending injuries and had to cope with it and move on with their lives, its just a game. if its not meant to be its not meant to be.
                              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

BEAUTIFUL ... There is really no need to "Feel Bad" for these guys. They didn't lose a family member and they are not crippled ... Just a couple very rich pitchers that havn't done JACK!!!

You know your shit joe!

Comment

Working...
                                X