Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brad Lidge = Worst Playoff Relief Pitcher Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If memory serves me, the first few games Roger Clemens was in the playoffs with the Red Sox, his performances were disappointing.
    Last edited by savage1; 10-24-2005, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
      If memory serves me, the first few games Roger Clemens was in the playoffs with the Red Sox, his performances were disappointing.
      In his first playoff appearence in 1986 vs the Angels he pitced very well. He went into the 9th inning with a shutout with 9Ks.

What about Calvin Schiraldi? I think his WS pitching record was very poor. In 1986 WS he gave up 6 earned runs in 4 innings. He also lost a game in the same playoffs.

Comment

Brad Lidge is a mirror image of Bung Yung Kim in 2001. He even ducked the same way as Kim did when Pujols hit the longest home run in major league playoff history against him!
        He even looks uncertain out there. His face had "now choking my guts out" written all over it.

Comment

Frank-I guess it was later then when he(Clemens) struggled a few times against Oakland a few times;I think he even got kicked out of one of those games for arguing with an ump.

Comment

Originally posted by heleanth
            Brad Lidge is a mirror image of Bung Yung Kim in 2001. He even ducked the same way as Kim did when Pujols hit the longest home run in major league playoff history against him!
            He even looks uncertain out there. His face had "now choking my guts out" written all over it.
            I think there's a big difference between the two. Kim was more of a "novelty" at first because he had decent stuff with a funky delivery. Eventually hitters caught up to him.

When Lidge is on, his stuff is filthy and almost impossible to hit.

No doubt, he's grooved some pitches, but it's a bit early to be calling him the worst ever.
            Every
            Villain
            Is
            Lemons

Comment

Originally posted by griffey_mojo
              Your a complete moron. Lidge is still one of the tops in the league.
              Couldn't of said it better myself...

Comment

It's a tie between David Ortiz and Mariano Rivera

Comment

Originally posted by live jive
                  mitch williams
                  haha, thats exactly what i was coming in here to type
                  1 = $25

MLB Posted (as of 4/15) - 20-11 +21.86

God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
                    It's a tie between David Ortiz and Mariano Rivera
                    I meant to say Eckersly and Rivera....

Ortiz hasn't been a relief pitcher since little league!

:christmas

Comment

Settle down Griffey. Looks like you had some money on the wrong side last night brother. You'll get over it. Money comes and goes just like relief pitching. Hahahhahahahahah
                      The 1927 Yankees weren't the best team ever. What everyone fails to realize is that the year before, with the exact same team, they lost to the Cardinals in the World Series.

Comment

Don't forget Donnie Moore who actually killed himself in despondency, several years after giving up a key home run

Comment

Wong Tong Kim
                          If, after the first twenty minutes, you don't know who the sucker at the table is, it's you. ~Author Unknown

Comment

La Russa STINKS

Originally posted by Southern Dandy
                            Comments?
                            NOT SURE ABOUT LIDGE BEING THE WORST RELIEVER IN PLAYOFFS, BUT PRETTY SURE La RUSSA IS THE WORST PLAYOFF MANAGER AROUND!

Comment

You Gotta Be Kidding Me!

Originally posted by griffey_mojo
                              Your a complete moron. Lidge is still one of the tops in the league.

ONE BAD OUTING AND ALL OF SUDDEN YOU SUCK. TYPICAL FAN. I WILL TAKE LIDGE ANYDAY OF THE YEAR ON MY TEAM.

Comment

Working...
                              X