No announcement yet.

Tarver/Jones In Fight Thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you're a Boxer of Roy Jones Jr. Stature and your home crowd is booing you ..... that's not good!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      When you're a Boxer of Roy Jones Jr. Stature and your home crowd is booing you ..... that's not good!
      nope.....tarver is actually tiring now...jones is gone.....wobbly as hell!!!!

Comment

what round is it?
        its easy to grin when your ship comes in...

Comment

tarver is exhausted........could not put roy away...roy pressuring him now

Comment

Have to respect Emmanuel Stewart's opinion, though. If he says Roy is just running to avoid Tarver's knockout power, it's probably true. (Emmanuel is pretty much the gold standard in boxing analysis.) Sounds reminiscent of the disgraceful Macho Camacho performance against Oscar de la Hoya at the Thomas&Mack 8 or 9 years ago.

Comment

Roy's hometown is Pensacola FL. I think Tarver is from Tampa

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
                Have to respect Emmanuel Stewart's opinion, though. If he says Roy is just running to avoid Tarver's knockout power, it's probably true. (Emmanuel is pretty much the gold standard in boxing analysis.) Sounds reminiscent of the disgraceful Macho Camacho performance against Oscar de la Hoya at the Thomas&Mack 8 or 9 years ago.

stewarts opinion has waxed and waned all fight.......

Comment

tarver just looking to survive the round...he has hit the wall with his stamina!!!

Comment

Roy trained really intensely this time. Ought to have an edge in the late rounds, if he hasn't run himself to death.

Comment

What round are we in???

Comment

what round are we in?
                        its easy to grin when your ship comes in...

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
                          Roy trained really intensely this time. Ought to have an edge in the late rounds, if he hasn't run himself to death.
                          remember, roy is a fellow employee of HBO wth steart so i think he cut him some slack......

wayne....cash your ticket....easy fight.....but boring!!!

it is over....awaiting decision!!!

unanimous decision 116-112, 116-112, 117-111
                          Last edited by TwoTonTony; 10-01-2005, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Two Ton, you should be ringside gettin' paid instead of Stewart. Your knowledge of the fight game is impressive and your analysis is right on the money.
                            "33"

Comment

larry merchant tells the truth at least!!! stewart candy coats it.......

tarver is giving jones alot of credit....but i think it is only to elevate his own greatness.....he says roy was on top of his game......i do not know what he was seeing......

roy threw half the amount of punches

Comment

Originally posted by HOKIE BIRD
                                Two Ton, you should be ringside gettin' paid instead of Stewart. Your knowledge of the fight game is impressive and your analysis is right on the money.

thank you hokie......i do not have to work with roy like emmanuel so i can be unbiased.....

roy...admits he is not what he once was....but says he did not want to leave the game on his back.....does not hurt to leave with 5 million.....i would take that beating for a lot less!!! ha ha

Comment

Working...
                                X