Stewart, Gordon feuding after wreck at Dover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewart, Gordon feuding after wreck at Dover

DOVER, Del. (AP) - Tony Stewart says he's tired of Jeff Gordon's "whining," and isn't worried about retaliation for the spinout Sunday that dropped the four-time champion from the top 10 in the NASCAR Nextel Cup standings.

NASCAR on FOX: Pocono
    Sun., June 12: Nextel Cup Racing presented by Subway on FOX, 1 p.m. ET

Gordon was hoping to became the most prolific winner among active drivers Sunday at Dover International Speedway. But that hope was put on hold in the 42nd lap - thanks to Stewart.
    Gordon was exiting the second turn when the right front of a closely pursuing Stewart tapped his left rear, and Gordon hit the wall. Ricky Rudd, like Gordon a four-time winner on The Monster Mile, also crashed in the aftermath.

"I guarantee that next time Tony's in my way, it won't take but about a half a lap for him to be out of my way," Gordon said. "Tony was a little bit better than me, and no doubt I held him up. I just think he ran out of patience."

Stewart said he won't be intimidated by the threat.

"That's fine," he said. "We can get into a car crash. It really doesn't matter to me."

In the race, Greg Biffle got his series-leading fourth win of the season to close within 46 points of pacesetter Jimmie Johnson in the Nextel Cup standings. The victory in the $5.5 million MBNA 400 was Biffle's first at Dover International Speedway and the seventh of his career.

But the big hubbub was the feuding between two of the sport's most marquee names.

Stewart made no attempt to avoid blame for the crash, but said Gordon, Johnson and Ryan Newman don't understand the need to let a faster driver go by.

"If somebody does something to Jeff, it's always their fault," Stewart said. "Jeff's always whining like that.

"Everybody else was doing a pretty good job of give and take. It's just when you get around Jeff, I guess the rules are different with him."

Stewart said he got close to Gordon to let him know he was faster and expected to be let through. Had the situation been reversed, Stewart said he would have moved over.

The crash was another disastrous result for Gordon, whose 39th-place finish came on the heels of a 36th last week in the Coca-Cola 600, when teammate Brian Vickers wrecked him as Gordon was contending for the victory. Two weeks earlier, an accident in Richmond resulted in a finish of 39th for champion Gordon. He now trails series leader and teammate Johnson by 350 points.

Earlier Sunday, Delaware-based DuPont announced a two-year extension through 2008 of its primary sponsorship agreement with Gordon's Hendrick Motorsports team. DuPont has backed Gordon since his rookie season of 1993.

t stewart rules. Fuck gordan he cant even sing take me out to the ball game. what a fag
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
      t stewart rules. Fuck gordan he cant even sing take me out to the ball game. what a fag
      I agree!

Comment

Your boy wouldn't be anywhere without Jeff Gordon!! (Can't stand either of them)

Comment

All of a sudden mr race fan
          2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
          2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
          2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by bhs4life
            All of a sudden mr race fan
            Yea he knows it all!!

Comment

i just saw all of that on Sports Center!

That's funny. I like Stewart!

Comment

Originally posted by RJeremy
                That's funny. I like Stewart!
                After Dale Jr., Tony is probably my next favorite driver, but he can be a cocksucker!!

Comment

T. Stewart rules. Fuck DEI and gordon and jarret and the rest of them.
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

T. Stewart rules. Fuck DEI and gordon and jarret and the rest of them.
                    Fuck you and the horse you rode in on!! :angryfire :angryfire

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                      Fuck you and the horse you rode in on!! :angryfire :angryfire
                      Bro maybe if you changed your AVATAR DEI might actually compete in a race.
                      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Bro maybe if you changed your AVATAR DEI might actually compete in a race.
                        Shall I go back to the CUBBIES???

Comment

Tony Stewart best beware! How often does Gordon ever show his emotions!! And when he does he means some business. Stewart better keep and eye on his mirror because if Gordon is behind him you can bet the next thing he sees will be the WALL!!! I love all you guys with coment who Know absolutely nothing about NASCAR or racing. "Fuck Gordon" Ya, Great thought!!!! Back up your problems with some knowledge of the sport instead of being a muscle bound asshole with a small dick!!!!!!!!!!

Like someone else said,...."THERE WHOULD BE NO TONY STEWART, IN NASCAR, WITHOUT JEFF GORDON!!!!!!!"

I like Tony Stewart as a driver and love his old style of having a no holes bared kind of attitude. It spices up what has truely become a made for TV sport of late. But he was so out of line with putting Gordon out of the race like that!!

Comment

Just cause I dont have a mullet or wear a hat with a # on it doesnt mean I dont know about neckcar. You dont have to sleep with your sister to know how driving cars round in round works.
                            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Nitro---Take it easy man. 10Dime and I rag on each other all the time and he just likes to come into these threads to bust my balls!! No big deal man, he is just kidding around. Best of luck to you in the future!!

Comment

Working...
                              X