No announcement yet.

Bad Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid Defense Wins Games- Not Sure Where You Got The 68 Percent But I Play Under Mostly Myself On Tv Games Looking For System On Half Time Side Or Total. Know Of One And Am Looking To Get In Touch With Him Tomorrow
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

lines makers makes the totals on tv games 4 -5 points it is around 67 that is tv games only buddy
      rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

there is no way anything is 67%...at least w/ a large sample.
        Everyone can learn from this post. $ mgmt is as important as picking winners.

Comment

No disrespect intended for Hockie.

This is a classic example of POOR money management. A $100 player betting $2000 or $4000 on one game! OUCH!!!!

"I'll take a shot at the man w/ house money." It's not house money. Well, it wasn't house money. It was your money. You gave it back to your man. Your mistake is spelled GREED! What the hell was wrong with a $3100 profit?

This thread is a perfect example of why I have certain rules. Rules I never break.

Never bet more than 5% of bankroll on one play

I make all my bets. Once all my bets are made I never bet on any other games or bet more on a game I've already bet.

Mostly, I hardly ever watch the games I bet on. Especially in baskets. Too much scoring. Too many ups and downs.

Lesson Learned!!!! GL in the tourny
          Last edited by frankb03; 03-14-2005, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
            No disrespect intended for Hockie.

This is a classic example of POOR money management. A $100 player betting $2000 or $4000 on one game! OUCH!!!!

"I'll take a shot at the man w/ house money." It's not house money. Well, it wasn't house money. It was your money. You gave it back to your man. Your mistake is spelled GREED! What the hell was wrong with a $3100 profit?

This thread is a perfect example of why I have certain rules. Rules I never break.

Never bet more than 5% of bankroll on one play

I make all my bets. Once all my bets are made I never bet on any other games or bet more on a game I've already bet.

Mostly, I hardly ever watch the games I bet on. Especially in baskets. Too much scoring. Too many ups and downs.

Lesson Learned!!!! GL in the tourny
            Frank,

Like I said in your post around a week to two weeks ago. When you said the something. I listened to your advice and it is working great for myself.

I was playing stupid for around a month. Read your post. Listened to it sat down at night when the family was a sleep and wrote down "some rules to live by. "

Needless to say I haven't been following the games on the computer or on TV for the last week. Like you said to many ups and downs it will drive you crazy or "God forbid" give you a heart attack

To make a long story short. I have been doing well on this new plan. This week I took my winnings for the week and ran. Don't push for more was happy with a plus.

Today I start over again at 0.

Thanks again man. You don't know how much that post you made last week really helped me out
            1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Homer, that is what I need to start doing. I watch each game on the computer or tv. I need to cut that out or at least tone it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer
                Frank,

Like I said in your post around a week to two weeks ago. When you said the something. I listened to your advice and it is working great for myself.

I was playing stupid for around a month. Read your post. Listened to it sat down at night when the family was a sleep and wrote down "some rules to live by. "

Needless to say I haven't been following the games on the computer or on TV for the last week. Like you said to many ups and downs it will drive you crazy or "God forbid" give you a heart attack

To make a long story short. I have been doing well on this new plan. This week I took my winnings for the week and ran. Don't push for more was happy with a plus.

Today I start over again at 0.

Thanks again man. You don't know how much that post you made last week really helped me out
                Homer, I'm very happy my post from last week helped you out. The rules have done wonders for myself.

I really believe NOT watching the games or scoreboard watching has made me a better capper. I get too emotional. In the past I let those emotions interfer with my capping. Now, everyday is a new day. Forget what happened yesterday.

I have lots of thanks towards by buddy, Coverboy. He had more faith in my NBA capping than I did. He continued to encourage me. He'd kick me in the ass when I got a little down after a few bad days. Now I know to persevere through the tough time but do it SMARTLY. During a cold stretch last season in baseball EVERYDAY he stressed "play small". "Ride out the cold streak". It was an important lesson learned. It was a lesson on patience.

Comment

Hokie,

Obviously you know this was poor money management, but like everyone on here, I've been there before and done that. Sucks.........but if you learn from it, it will save your ass in the long haul.

P.S. My choice is a Glock 23 40 Caliber. This is my second one, and I love it!

Comment

Frankie B

Thanks Buddy .... like I've said over and over ... you're the best NBA Capper around. Just continue to believe in yourself and your method and never vary.

You are Second to NO ONE.

Your Pal

Neil

( Howard Cosell boosted Chuck Amato's silly glasses )
                    Last edited by CoverBoy; 03-14-2005, 02:10 PM.

Comment

This Is Back Early 80s Hokie

ive got about a nickle bet on houston oilers-may have been 70s-anyway doesnt matter-im laying 4-/houston is up 8 on the other teams 2-yard line with about a minute to go-earl campbell takes the handoff-acts like hes bobbling the ball-makes a perfect pitch over to the linebacker on the other team who goes 99 yards untouched-houston wins bye 1 and i dont cover-no 2-point con. rule back then-had a nice 357-long barrell smith-emptied all 6 into the tv-went thru the wall of my house and destroyed the door on a vintage 69 judge gto-have been partial to the long barrell smith ever since-forgot i had my thumb on the lever one night when i fired it-split my thumb like a pumpkin..chung..
                      DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Working...
                      X