Bad Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Day

You may think this is a useless post, but gettin' it off my chest is part of my therapy. You'll either get a good chuckle at my expense or learn a lesson from my bonehead mistake, or both. I loved the over on Florida/Kentucky. I bet it at 133 for two dimes. Ten minutes later it dropped to 131.5, a bad sign, and then was bet back up to 133. I hit it pretty hard, wagered two dimes on it. I'm normally a $100 dollar player, hitting the games I really like harder, up to a nickel. If I'm having a good week and love a particular play, I'll take a shot at the man w/ house money. I was having a good week up $3100, considering I had a bad day the other day. I rationalized the only way I wouldn't cash was if Kentucky put the serious D on Florida and they had a horrible shooting day. If I knew Florida would score 70 points, I would have bet even more on it. Kentucky proceeds to shoot 2 of 15 from behind the arc and fudge me in the ass. Unfrickinbelievable! I myself am homophobic, so having Kentucky widen the diameter of my asshole was very painful. Watching it on TV is torture. Then, in my anger, I make a cardinal sin. Chasing a loss. I should have just licked my wounds and called it a day, up $900 to end the week. But no, I look at Wisky/Illinois and decide there's no way this game doesn't go over 127.5. I wager another 2 dimes on the over and watch in horror as they go ten and a half minutes in the first half w/ three points between them. So at halftime I know I'm fucked and can no longer bear witness to this pathetic display of basketball. In my basement I have...errr had a 27 inch TV on a swivel wall mount. I yank it off the mount, walk out back and throw it in the yard. Walk back inside and apparently that wasn't enough to get it out of my system. I opened my gun safe and made an appropiate selection, model 870 Wingmaster, an excellent all get out scatter gun. Walked back outside and pumped three shells into the TV and went back inside not caring what the hell happened in the second half. No, the police didn't show up. I live in a county w/ only 2100 registered voters and have enough acreage around my house to sight my rifles in on ground hogs from my deck. I can literally get drunk and shoot the lights out. Instead of being up $900 for the week which ain't bad, my gambling account is down $1300, I need a new TV for the basement and the big tournament is here which always presents some good value plays. Lack of patience, bad money management, chasing a loss. Stupid, especially when you've been doing this for 15 years and know better. I feel better now that I got that off my chest and maybe some less experienced gamblers can learn from my mistake instead of learning the hard way. Can I offord the loss, abosolutely, never ever gamble w/ scared money. But that's not the point. I know better. I hope everyone else had a profitable day and thanks for letting me vent what's left of my anger. Ahhhhhhh, I feel much better. The only problem now is, the wife will be home soon from Grandma's and I have to tell her why there is no longer a TV in the basement. Not good. Peace, out!
    "33"

Why would you chase especially on over unders
    Quitters Never Win, Winners Will NEVER Quit

Comment

Dan, your putting logic into it. As I stated, it was stupid. Wanted to get it off my chest and maybe some of the less experienced gamblers could learn from it.
      "33"

Comment

It's a very easy thing to do!! Like you said you are experienced and I'm sure you have learned from it. You'll get it back come tournament time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HOKIE BIRD
          I opened my gun safe and made an appropiate selection, model 870 Wingmaster, an excellent all get out scatter gun. Walked back outside and pumped three shells into the TV and went back inside not caring what the hell happened in the second half.
          One thing I learned, Hokie, is I'm unarmed so I respectfully decline your invitation to come down to your house....
          :uzi:
          I was going to say we've all done that, but I can only speak for myself.. I've done the same more than I care to remember, sometimes your emotions kick logic right in the ass.... even when you do know better... I hope you make it back, and more, on the tourney.. GL!
          "That ain't working, that's the way you do it... get your money for nothing and your picks for free"

Comment

Well last week I lost over 4 grand, from horrible addictive gambling tendencies and chasing losses. I won't type out how it all went down because it is too miserable to recollect.

I learned my lesson and am ready to bet responsibly. Fortuneately the last 3 days I have returned to normalcy and sanity and vow to stay that way. I'm up over $1200 this weekend so far so things are going in the right direction.
            Last edited by JimmyBlaze; 03-13-2005, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Gary my offer was genuine. I'm a standup, honest, god fearing man. I would have come out of my house with only my two fists, errr meat hooks. If you are man enough to whoop my ass, I am man enough to take it. My cousins Smith&Wesson would have only made their presence known if you had of showed up w/ something other than your fists. But for me, it is now water under the bridge. Forget about it. I am a man of principle and felt strongly about the points I was trying to make. I made my point, and it's over in my book. When you were taking shots at me from behind the keyboard, it got under my skin. But as I said, I'm over it and I'm even a big enough man to say we can respectfully disagree on the matter and apologize for calling you out. Sorry, Peace Out!
              "33"

Comment

Originally posted by HOKIE BIRD
                Gary my offer was genuine. I'm a standup, honest, god fearing man. I would have come out of my house with only my two fists, errr meat hooks. If you are man enough to whoop my ass, I am man enough to take it. My cousins Smith&Wesson would have only made their presence known if you had of showed up w/ something other than your fists. But for me, it is now water under the bridge. Forget about it. I am a man of principle and felt strongly about the points I was trying to make. I made my point, and it's over in my book. When you were taking shots at me from behind the keyboard, it got under my skin. But as I said, I'm over it and I'm even a big enough man to say we can respectfully disagree on the matter and apologize for calling you out. Sorry, Peace Out!

good man hokie!!

Comment

Hi Hokie

The Remington Wingmaster was an excellent choice to fry a TV.....did you use the 3 inch shells , or 2-1/2"?....I think the No. 4-6 shot does a great job, as when I lived in Illinois, I cleared out a big hornets nest up in my maple tree with that load...GL tomorrow

Comment

dang Hokie, maybe you ARE on roids!!
                    At least you weren't/aren't dumb enough to do something really dumb like that guy on the contender.
                    Glad to hear your level headed now!!!
                    Maybe you need to read the sermon posted by Impulse so you can get right with God!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
                      good man hokie!!
                      Agreed!!! I'm a peaceful guy, Hokie, I'll fight if I have to but I'd prefer not to.... I didn't really think you would call on you seem like a stand up guy not a murderer.... I apologize too you if I said anything that could be interpreted as a shot to you or making a joke at your expense, I never meant it that way, would have no reason to.. you never said anything to hurt me, or anyone else i care about.... as you said, all's forgotten, bygones be bygones, use your meathooks on someone who deserves a whooping, like 10DimeBry for sucking up to Wayne... !! I meant the bookie! Peace
                      "That ain't working, that's the way you do it... get your money for nothing and your picks for free"

Comment

IMercer, I am not on roids and I'm certainly not dumb. I may talk funny to someone who's not from around here, but I'm one of the sharper knives in the drawer. As for the contender, I'm not sure what your talkin' about. Sounds like one of those reality shows. As far as TV, I watch sports, the outdoor channel, the history channel, CNN and cartoon network w/ my 6 yr. old boy. I love that toon Mucha Lucha. Therefore, I have no idea what ya mean. But I'll take it as a compliment. Born and raised Catholic, already right w/God.

Jim, to answer your question, it was already loaded w/ 3 inch turkey shot from turkey season. I live in the mountains and we are allowed to hunt deer w/ cannons...err rifles. But you are correct, it was an excellent choice for the TV. Absolute devastation on a fine Japanese product. Unfortunately, my wife will be home soon and I will have to tell her the truth. Trust me, this will not be pretty. I foresee a late night trip to Wal-Mart to purchase another fine Japanese TV at a good price. Wal-Mart and NAFTA provide excellent prices for the consumer but are costing our country a lot of jobs. Thank Bill Clinton for that, I guess.
                        "33"

Comment

Ah Hokie That Old Tv Was Due To Be Replaced Anyhow. So You Put It Out Of Its Mysery. Proud Of You For Your Tude Afterward. You Sound Like A Class Act With The Same Frustrated Feelings Most Of Us Are Going Thru. Like Over Under Plays At Half Time Better. Less Surprises.
                          "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Join The Club

i do this almost on a weekly period dont feel bad.Just put a figure in head that you would like to win or lose for that matter. When you hit that figure no matter what quit.Its a very hard thing to do but if your going to disciplined you have to show some restraint.In hindsight being up 3000 in one week no way in the world you should have still been playing. Thats what the books want you to do get in chase mode turn a huge up number to a down number. goodluck man

Comment

hey hokie rips fades been kicking ass.......hope ya get your money back as 4 me i am on the sidelines watching everyone collect off rips fades.........and another good point baseball is here soon and i hear the guys here roll in the money with baseball peace out been in those shoes that is why i have sponge bricks to throw at the tv.............and let me tell u a secret college basketball on tv games goes under 68 per cent of the time took me a long time to figure it out plus all the money i have lost on overs hope this helps u out marty
                              rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Working...
                              X