Picks For Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJeremy
    so, would it be smart to always take the guys that have the most wins every year, every race?

ex.

take waltrip, dale jr., stewart.....every race??
    No because Waltrip and Dale Jr. Dominate restrictor plate races and there are only 4 per year (2 Daytona,2 Talladega). Waltrip doesn't do much anywhere else and Jr. has trouble winning at other places consistently as well. The 2 guys to play every week if that's all your gonna' do is J. Johnson and J. Gordon.

The BIGGEST key to racing and capping this sport is the track and the driver. The tracks are all different distances, shapes, and degrees of banking. EVERY guy out there has their tracks where they always do well and feel comfortable and YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHO AND WHERE THAT IS.

Bobby Labonte at Atlanta, Jeff Gordon at Sonoma and so on. You really do need to follow and know this because it is really the one and only thing that will help you make money.
    Last edited by wayne1218; 02-20-2005, 10:20 AM.

Comment

wayne,

thanks for the info. never knew there were so many differences. i'll stick to the sports that involve a ball of some kind, and tail you on the racing.

thanks again and GL today.

Comment

RJ, I hated Nascar racing until about 7 years ago. It's still the only racing i watch and i too said it's boring watching them go around in a circle, THEN i gave a couple races a try and really got hooked. I then joined and finally started my own fantasy leagues. If you have some interest in it like a wager or fantasy league it will grow on you and it's amazing what these guys do out there. One mistake in this race today can literally cost them their life and they need to keep the ultimate concentration level mentally for 4 hours in a car at 190 MPH. If you blink you could die, or if a tire blows out at 190 mph your screwed. This race is always one of the closest and most exciting. When an accident happens here it is usually a MAJOR wreck.

Comment

Not a big fan of Nascar, but have alot of respect for the "sport".
          Don't know anything but what about that Bumble Bee looking car, Matt Kenseth I think?
          Has his team fallen off?

Comment

I have followed your opinions for quite some time & think they are as sound as any, great work.

What is your opinion on playing a matchup between D. Jarrett (-125) and E. Sadler in today's race?

Thanks
            Bill
            Last edited by Bill the Thrill; 02-20-2005, 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling
            updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
            NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Originally posted by lmercer213
              Not a big fan of Nascar, but have alot of respect for the "sport".
              Don't know anything but what about that Bumble Bee looking car, Matt Kenseth I think?
              Has his team fallen off?
              Kenseth Won the Cup 2 years ago and did alright last year but he is one that consistently finishes in the top 10, but doesn't win too often.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Thrill
                I have followed your opinions for quite some time & think tey are as sound as any, great work.

What is your opinion on playing a matchup between D. Jarrett (-125) and E. Sadler in today's race?

Thanks
                Bill
                Thanks Bill. I would take Sadler. He is fast and Jarrett hasn't been happy with his car since qualifying. Sadler has been very fast.

GL

Comment

appreciate ya
                  GL
                  updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
                  NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Ford's seem to struggle here and Chevy's "Usually" Dominate!

Comment

Kenseth

No his team has not fallen off, he is still one of the best drivers on the circuit just not this week restricter plate racing is real differant.mychoices are like this M Waltrip15 J Johnson48 D Earnhardt Jr.8JGordon24 T Stewart 20 Live lonshotsK Busch5 MTruexJR :

Comment

tdtylert, Welcome to the Forum!

Comment

Arena Football (10-9) -4.23 Units
                          ---------------------------------

(2-1) and an even day in Arena Ball yesterday!

"Touchdown" ( Units)

Philadelphia Soul +3 (-110)

GOOD LUCK :D

Comment

Hey Wayne

Do you have any suggestions for the Nextel Cup championship? You can never count out Gordon and Johnson but who else would you lay some dough on?

Comment

Originally posted by GOCUBS
                              Do you have any suggestions for the Nextel Cup championship? You can never count out Gordon and Johnson but who else would you lay some dough on?
                              I would not go beyond those 2. I have a little on each of them and i think it's Hendrick's turn to get one from Roush. I feel any wager after these two will be taking from your overall profits.

My Sleeper Pick : Tony Stewart

Comment

Good Luck Wayne .. I also know nothing about this but I sure wish you good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X