No announcement yet.

2004-05 College Bowl Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cal got robbed. The PAC-10 will lose approximately $5 million because of this Bowl Conspiracy System, AND the fans won't see how they stack up against a national powerhouse program. There's the injustice.
    Mike F, the fans did see how they stacked up against a national powerhouse. They played USC and lost. That settles that.
    The 1927 Yankees weren't the best team ever. What everyone fails to realize is that the year before, with the exact same team, they lost to the Cardinals in the World Series.

Comment

USC shouldn't have played for the championship last year? As I recall, Oklahoma was thrashed by Kansas St. in the Big 12 Championship game and they still got to play in the BCS Championship Game. How can you make the statement USC doesn't deserve to be there this year? They're undefeated and the #1 ranked team in the nation.

Comment

Cal vs. Texas

Cal did lose to the only top 5 time that they played last year... by 6 points on the road.

Texas was ABUSED by Oklahoma in a neutral site. UT is THE MOST overrated, underperforming, poorly coached team in the nation. What I find hilarious is that Mack Brown keeps his job after losing so many big games.

The only constant in this entire mess is that Texas will be unprepared for their bowl game, won't make halftime adjustments, and will be an easy fade.

Mike F

Comment

Texas picked up something like 30 votes on Cal. Granted, Cal struggled with Southern Miss for most of the game, but they easily could have made that score 33-17, but the coach exercised some sportmanship and took a knee at the end of the game.

I wonder if voters who had moved Texas above Cal, who did not see the game, would have done the same thing if they saw a score of 33-16 instead of 26-16.
          Every
          Villain
          Is
          Lemons

Comment

I just edited in the opening lines from Pinnacle.
            Last edited by wayne1218; 12-06-2004, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Screw a big fat check for the SEC. A true fan wants the chance and the pride of getting to the big game. Not only is Auburn not in the title game but they aren't even playing the 4th best team. I believe it should be Cal or even Utah. Cal has every right to be pissed but Auburn got screwed the biggest. Who knows how long it will be before the tigers go undefeated again in THE BEST CONFERENCE IN AMERICA HANDS DOWN! We lose our 3 best players. It is bullshit. Most people don't even care about Auburn because it is a little "cowtown in Alabama" versus the attention of California or powerhouse Oklahoma. It is a conspiracy. National championship should be Auburn vs. Oklahoma. USC is ranked #1 because they started there and that is it. Overrated!!!

Comment

Auburn

Auburn did get shafted. BUT they were TERRIBLY OVERRATED last year, and their non-conference schedule of Louisiana Monroe, The Citadel and La Tech was WEAK.

The Citadel?!?!?!??! Is that a joke?

Its too bad that last year's record factors into this year's rankings, but it does. No question about it.

They have only themselves to blame for not scheduling a better non-conference opponent during the off-season.

It all comes down to tiny details in the end.

Bob Davie's shameless pimping of Texas during the Cal / S. Miss game was grotesque! How many voters did that sway against Cal?

Mike F

Comment

You are correct. The non-conference schedule was horrible. Auburn did have a good Bowling green team scheduled and BG backed out to play Oklahoma instead. That is where we picked up The Citadel. I wonder if that would have made up any difference?
                  The big problem that I have is that good classy coaches like Tommy Tuberville and Jeff Tedford get punished. They choose to kneel on the ball respectfully than to run up the score like USC with a fake punt vs. Notre Dame in the 4th or Oklahoma throwing in the end zone up 27 against Nebraska. The really bad thing is Auburn scoring in the 4th vs. Tennessee would've covered for me and I had CAl in a three team teaser and had they scored it would've hit. Those were my two biggest bets of the weekend. It sucks but I'd rather have a classy coach like Tuberville than an ass like Bob Stoops. And to have the nerve to get on Espn for lobbying for Auburn because the SEC has a contrat wih ESPN. ABC is a part of that and they carry Big 12 games. He is an asshole and doesn't deserve to represent in the Orange Bowl.

Comment

Ass like Bob Stoops! Give me a freakin break! Don't hate him because he wins games!

Comment

Re: Cal vs. Texas

Originally posted by Mike F
                      Cal did lose to the only top 5 time that they played last year... by 6 points on the road.

Texas was ABUSED by Oklahoma in a neutral site. UT is THE MOST overrated, underperforming, poorly coached team in the nation. What I find hilarious is that Mack Brown keeps his job after losing so many big games.

The only constant in this entire mess is that Texas will be unprepared for their bowl game, won't make halftime adjustments, and will be an easy fade.

Mike F
                      I'll have to disagree about TX not making halftime adjustments. Several games during the latter half of the season would refute that statement. I'll just give one example of what a job the defensive coaching staff has done at halftime. The Horns were down 21 at half to OK State and won the game by 21 points. Scored 49 unanswered points.

Comment

Wayne, thanks for the good work

Comment

bowl trends

anyone have any trends for the up coming bowl games?if you do can you please post them,thanks.

seaofred
                          I AM A NITWIT

Comment

I played for Allegheny College in Division 3. They have playoffs and so does all the rest of the divisions. I coached at Carneige Mellon and Allegheny in the 80's, untill division 1 has a playoff, it will never count for anything other than schedulling and conference
                            championships to get into the BCS. Just like everywhere in the world games are decided by playoffs, whether championship teams of whatever, they will never EVER be true National Champs. Case close. I won a division 3 championship with Allegheny College, I won a Professional Softball league Championship, a national Class A,B, C, and D, softball championship and a World Series Class C, National Championship with different teams and a national Championship Flag Football Championship over the years that were all decided by PLAYOFFS. It's just my Opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AUnick128
                              You are correct. The non-conference schedule was horrible. Auburn did have a good Bowling green team scheduled and BG backed out to play Oklahoma instead. That is where we picked up The Citadel. I wonder if that would have made up any difference?
                              The big problem that I have is that good classy coaches like Tommy Tuberville and Jeff Tedford get punished. They choose to kneel on the ball respectfully than to run up the score like USC with a fake punt vs. Notre Dame in the 4th or Oklahoma throwing in the end zone up 27 against Nebraska. The really bad thing is Auburn scoring in the 4th vs. Tennessee would've covered for me and I had CAl in a three team teaser and had they scored it would've hit. Those were my two biggest bets of the weekend. It sucks but I'd rather have a classy coach like Tuberville than an ass like Bob Stoops. And to have the nerve to get on Espn for lobbying for Auburn because the SEC has a contrat wih ESPN. ABC is a part of that and they carry Big 12 games. He is an asshole and doesn't deserve to represent in the Orange Bowl.
                              I heard a discussion earlier in the season from Richard Billingsley, one of the BCS computer guys, about nonconference. He said that the BG/Citadel shift could have an impact on the final BCS standings. I don't know that it ultimately did. But I'd say that OU's AD, Joe Castiglione, probably wooed Bowling Green away with a better offer several years ago when this year's schedule was being negotiated. Another big deal in the big business that is college football. As to your comments about Stoops being an ass...well, that's ridiculous. He probably made a mistake with his comments about ESPN, but he is definitely not an ass. He played the bench most of the 4th quarter in the Baylor game, including the quarterback. He later said he felt much better about that decision than the one he made in the Nebraska game. The BCS shit drives coaches to do things they don't want to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X