Monday Baseball............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Baseball............

Another nice day on Sunday going 3-1 for a profit of 9.9 units. A small card today, these are two small plays that I have so far, I am waiting for a total to be posted on the Cubs vs. Reds game.

1 STAR: New York Yankees (-$180) OVER BOSTON
    (Kevin Brown vs. Bronson Arroyo)

1 STAR: NEW YORK METS (-$155) OVER Montreal
    (Tyler Yates vs. Tomo Ohka)

ALL LISTED PITCHERS MUST START

2004 MLB RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 2-2 (-0.75 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 10-4 (+16.00 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 12-13 (-1.10 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 16-11 (+8.23 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 40-30 (+22.38 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $2238.00

Good luck,
    John

Ez Winners

Did you get a weather report at Chicago by any chance! Just wanting to know if the wind is blowing out like yesterday or not! Both teams have hit the opposing pitcher Clement and J Haynes pretty decent. Reds have 4 players extremely hot over the last week in Dunn, Freel, Casey, and LaRue. Cubs got Aramis Ramirez with 12 hits in Cub's last 6 games, Moises Alou with 11 hits last 6, Sosa with 9 hits last 6, two diggers yesterday, and Walker with 9 hits last 6 and batting .391 over that period. I can't get a feel for a side play in this game, but want to take a look at the over. Do you like a side play in this game or not?

Thanks Krunch :D

Comment

Krunch,

The latest weather report that I have has the winds blowing out at 17-25 mph. I don't like either side of this game. I would lean towards that Cubs, but don't want to pay that high of a price. I like that over here, just waiting for a posted total. I'm expecting about 13.5 to 14 again. I'll double check the weather when it is posted and then decide how much to put on this play.
      Good luck,
      John

Comment

GL today Bud
        1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Good Luck John!

Comment

John (EZ):

What a nice and profitable weekend!
            Keep it up and as always, thanks for all the hard work that you put into your plays!

Sincerely,
            Bennojd
            Quote from author Peter Marshall: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything."

Comment

Good Luck EZ!

Comment

Good Luck, EZ!

Comment

Bennojd-FWIW I personally absolutely love baseball and the Red Sox, and all the other sports combined are a distant second.
                  Being a diehard Sox fan since 1952 and not having any favorite teams in any other sports is probably the reason for this.
                  I am talking only from a spectator point of view and not wagering.
                  My point is that there are no absolutes when it comes to preferences.
                  I certainly though can understand those who are not students of the game thinking of baseball as dull and boring.

Comment

savage1

I am 34 years old now and started playing baseball at the age of 5. I played every year until I was around 17. Also I was a huge Chicago White Sox fan starting around the age of 8. I remember in the early eighties that my family went to see E.T. at the movies when it first came out. I declined just so I could listen to the White Sox/ Rangers game on the radio. (Funny, I have not seen E.T. to this day......lol)
                    I have been to many games as a spectator also. I've watched games on both the amateur and professional levels. I've watched in person and on TV. Therefore, I believe that I am a student of the game and yes I will say it again: the game of baseball can be very boring to watch AT TIMES. Baseball by nature is passive and can be actionless and drawn-out. Obviously, for those of us that like baseball, it can be very exciting as well. At one time baseball was truly my favorite sport but not anymore. MLB has turned me off quite a bit to the game. However, I still consider baseball as my third favorite SPECTATOR sport behind football and basketball. Golf is not too far behind baseball though.
                    You are right, savage1 that there are no absolutes when it comes to preferences. These are ONLY my opinions and if you think baseball is NEVER dull and boring, I have no problem with that!

Sincerely,
                    Bennojd
                    Quote from author Peter Marshall: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything."

Comment

Bennojd-I respect your opinion also.
                      The Red Sox and baseball are and have always been a passion for me even when Sox had bad teams.
                      I probably wouldn't watch football or basketball very much ( NFL and NBA-college sports are fine though ) if I didn't bet the games, unless game on paper was a good matchup and meant something).
                      Golf-forget it. I don't play it or watch it. Enough said.
                      My least favorite sport is (and I know I will offend some) is Nascar;that holds zero appeal for me.
                      I suppose the generational gap as well as personal preferences have something to do with that.
                      I guess the bottom line is whatever makes you tick.
                      Last edited by savage1; 04-19-2004, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Wowsers... John, what a great comeback! What you do is absolutely amazing. I, along with everyone who follows your plays, want to tell you that you ROCK!!

Bennojd... see E.T., it's good...

Comment

Hi EZ, just joined the forum and have been following your picks for a while...realy appreciate you posting them...just a quick question...you have a 5 star rating system and does that mean that you wager 5 units on a 5 star play and so on...example...if you have a 3 star play on Boston at -180...does that mean you wager three units on that game or do you wager enough money to win 3 units? Thanks

Comment

Thanks guys, lets get them today!

Mission365,

You would wager enough to win 3 units. So if the line is -$180, you would lay $540 to win $300. Good luck today!
                            Good luck,
                            John

Comment

Adding a strong play now that the total has been set and the weather verified. You should be able to get this at 11 now. The line is droping on this game for some reason.

5 STAR: OVER 11.5 RUNS (Reds vs. Cubs)
                              (Jimmy Haynes vs. Matt Clement)

Both of these pitchers have high ERA's against the opposing team. Jimmy Haynes is 3-5 in his career with a 6.03 ERA against the Cubs and he has an 8.01 ERA so far this season after one game. Matt Clement is 5-7 in his career against the Reds with an ERA of 5.91 and he allowed the Reds to score 4 runs on 6 hits and 3 walks in only 4 innings in his previous start this season against Cincinnati. Another strong wind is also blowing out of Wrigley today. Winds are from the West at 21mph gusting to 32 mph. Should be another slugfest!
                              Good luck,
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X