Wednesday NCAA Basketball...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday NCAA Basketball...........

Cashed in both college hoops plays last night, but lost a tough one in the NBA. I'm going stay away from the pros for a while to concentrate on the tournaments. These are my plays for tonights NIT action.........

5 STAR: RUTGERS (-4) OVER Temple

This is a good match up for the Scarlet Knights. Rutgers is a very good home team, posting a 13-2 record this season at the RAC and they are facing an Owls team they beat earlier in the year by ten points. Temple has been playing some very bad defense down the stretch. In their last five games, Temple has allowed their opponents to shoot 45% for the field and 40% from three point land while allowing over 71 points per game, which is up almost 10 points over the average they have allowed for the season. It is also no surprise that they are 0-5 against the spread in those games. These teams match up pretty evenly in most areas, but Rutgers was one of the best three point shooting teams in the Big East at 36% for the season, and that is where they have a big advantage over Temple. In the first match up, Rutgers was 12-23 (52.2%) from behind the line, while Temple was only 6-23 (26.1%) from downtown. The Owls were dead last in the Atlantic 10 in three point shooting and will be in trouble in this game if their defense does not improve. Rutgers is 8-3 against the spread at home this season and 4-2 against the spread the last three seasons as a home favorite of 3.5 to 6 points. The Scarlet Knights are also 3-1 straight up and 2-0 against the spread in the last four meetings with the Owls. Temple is 8-1 against the spread in their last nine NIT games, but this is not the Temple team of old, this is a bad team that is 0-4 against the spread versus the Big East this year and I don't see them doing anything different here. Lay the points!

3 STAR: Unlv (+5.5) OVER BOISE STATE
    2 STAR: West Virginia (+7) OVER KENT STATE
    1 STAR: Rice (+4) OVER MILWAUKEE-WISCONSIN

2003-2004 NCAA BASKETBALL RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 29-20-3 (+35.0 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 65-42-3 (+47.7 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 96-72-9 (+28.5 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 102-95-3 (+1.9 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 292-229-18 (+114.1 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $11,410.00

Good luck,
    John

Good Luck John. Like Rutgers a lot in this spot :D
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

EZ

Good Luck Today !!!

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
      Last edited by MemphisMafia; 03-17-2004, 12:16 PM.
      " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Memphis,

They are the same picks in each thread. They are only all the Thursday games.
        Good luck,
        John

Comment

Good luck John...Rutgers looks solid $$$$$$
          Every time i make ends meet ..someone moves the ends????

Comment

EZ good luck!!
            1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

GL as always John.
              The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

good luck EZ........:D

Comment

BEST OF LUCK

GOOD LUCK to you tonight John!! Gv
                  I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Its never easy with Rutgers, but they got the job done!!

:D
                    Good luck,
                    John

Comment

Congrats :

" Wager Daddy "

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
                      " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Congrats to you John!

It was a play for me as well! I was a little surprised it was this close though! CONGRATS AGAIN and Best of Luck!! gv
                        I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

John,
                          Nice wins on Rutgers and wv bost wa and indy 2nd half all looking good also Thanks for your time and effort!!!! hc

Comment

Congrats John. I've been coattailing many of your picks, along with the other experts on this forum, and been doing quite well. Now, if we can bring home UNLV I'll be one very happy camper, ready to jump all over tomorrows games. Go Charlotte!!!!

Comment

john==>

Not that I am qualified to say anything or not...but I met with a friend tonight who follows all the insight in depth on Texas Tech and on Bobby's "team" for tomorrow (he's playing TT).

He stated that tomorrow....Tomaszek is out with a stress fracture and will not play......Marshall to guard Pavlich (sp...3 point shooting machine for UNCC).....and snuff out his efficiency and expect TT to try and run with the niners.

Now my comment...Knight is famous for this crap of listing players with hangnails to get another coach to prepare a game as if a player is either out or limited.....the line is right....but I believe Tomaszek may actually be suited up only as eye candy or be in streets and Emmitt is 100% and will go for 30+.....he should not be a game factor (Tomaszek) but a mind factor instead for coaching purposes. Big loss for TT either way.

I have a personnal play on UNCC...played it early with another one....and have not hedged it and won't.

FWIW.....BEST OF LUCK JOHN and keep up the great work!! Gv

(now if we can get Hawaii +8 to cover it would be nice.....especially playing the Niag game way OVER the total for a BIG one and G. Mason coming in to win!!

GO MARCH MADNESS and as always thanks for the plays EZ!! Gv

Comment

Working...
                              X